Trade Suggestion.. not a rumor, but something that makes alot of sense.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Trade Suggestion.. not a rumor, but something that makes alot of sense.

Devean George
2.2 million dollar trade exception or Slava Medvedenko

for

Jamal Crawford

The 07 plan is stunted.. lets face it. This team has everything we need for the future now.

Kobe Bryant is going to be doubled and tripled the rest of the season. We have to get a player who can score, especially someone who can hit the 3 and someone who you have to come out on.

Jamal Crawford is that player. He has played in the triangle offense. He can play both backcourt positions. He is very talented. Long arms, good frame, aggressive mindset. He is Smush Parker with much more skill.

There is no reason the Knicks would not do this deal. They need a rebounder like Devean, and Crawford is a player who they no longer have any use for and is now out of the rotation because of the Jalen Rose trade.

PG- Jamal Crawford- Smush Parker
SG- Kobe Bryant- Sasha Vujacic
SF- Lamar Odom- Luke Walton
PF- Kwame Brown- Brian Cook
C- Chris Mihm- Andrew Bynum

Take a look at that line-up and just try to tell me this team wouldnt be alot better than they are now.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

No thanks, makes no sense to me. This team doesn't need another matador chucker. We need a defensive hound at PG.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

mike_kb wrote:
No thanks, makes no sense to me. This team doesn't need another matador chucker. We need a defensive hound at PG.

Ok, name a defensive PG who is available to us right now.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

Bad deal. You'd be losing one of the few Lakers who plays any defense for a guy who plays NO defense, ever. In addition, Crawford HATES the triangle after his stay in Chicago.

And he makes way too much money given his production. Money one ties up with his ciontract is money that can't be used elsewhere for a better player.

Pass.

SGH
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I like Mike James, Earl Watson, Marcus Banks, Chris Duhon, Trenton Hassell, Raja Bell, and Fred Jones. They would all be affordable but purported 2007/2008 plan would prohibt us from attaining them. And with your supposition of scrapping the 2007 plan, I would take any of the forementioned player over Jamal Crawford. If we wanted a chucker who plays no defense, we are better off with Steve Francis, who has been available to the Lakers for 2 years now, over Jamal.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

mike_kb wrote:
I like Mike James, Earl Watson, Marcus Banks, Chris Duhon, Trenton Hassell, Raja Bell, and Fred Jones. They would all be affordable but purported 2007/2008 plan would prohibt us from attaining them. And with your supposition of scrapping the 2007 plan, I would take any of the forementioned player over Jamal Crawford. If we wanted a chucker who plays no defense, we are better off with Steve Francis, who has been available to the Lakers for 2 years now, over Jamal.

Only one of those guys, Mike James, can take any pressure off Kobe offensively.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

watsons name has been mentioned out there. offer LO for watson and filler. Gets us a good defensive PG and gets us out of LO's noose of a contract
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4L wrote:
mike_kb wrote:

Only one of those guys, Mike James, can take any pressure off Kobe offensively.

Not that Phoenix is going to give him up, but Bell has been a consistent 12-14 ppg scorer the last 3 seasons and shoots 3s at a high percentage (even before Nash made him look great). Jones has scored when given the opportunity (I think he averaged like 16 ppg as a starter).

But even still, the point is to stop the bleeding one place at a time, not to cure all ills with one move. Any of those guys (all of whom, it should be noted, yet again, have been available at various times to the Lakers for relatively little) would be an improvement. Not a cure-all, but the first step to improving.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

What SGH said. Bad idea.

Jake Speed, 1986
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
watsons name has been mentioned out there. offer LO for watson and filler. Gets us a good defensive PG and gets us out of LO's noose of a contract

are you serious?please tell me youre joking
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
bounty wrote:

No, according to others like him, LO is useless, or trash, so we should abandon him for filler. And these same geniuses come out and then suggest that we should move Odom for a more prized piece in the future. Consistency is not a strength of a conspiracy theorist, nor of a peanut-gallery whiner.

^^ Farmar

bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
bounty wrote:

Yea Im serious. Plays better D. Better O game, Better facilitator. Was used in Memphis late in games b/c of the head on his shoulders. We need talent. It gets us out of paying LO 13mil a year. Makes sense. It helps Kobe in the back court
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I would never trade LO for Watson. LO is worth much more than that. Watson and KMart??

Jake Speed, 1986
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
bounty wrote:

No, according to others like him, LO is useless, or trash, so we should abandon him for filler. And these same geniuses come out and then suggest that we should move Odom for a more prized piece in the future. Consistency is not a strength of a conspiracy theorist, nor of a peanut-gallery whiner.

Whos this prized piece that will be given up for LO? I have been waiting to hear this for a while. It has been said pacers didnt want his $$$$$$ for artest. We dont know so lets just say its possible. Never heard anyone who is anyone verify pierce for Lo. Lo at 12-13 mil is not attractive. It will hinder us from getting depth.
Vertigo1004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:

stupid ass idea
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
eniq 0x00 wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
bounty wrote:

Whos this prized piece that will be given up for LO? I have been waiting to hear this for a while. It has been said pacers didnt want his $$$$$$ for artest. We dont know so lets just say its possible. Never heard anyone who is anyone verify pierce for Lo. Lo at 12-13 mil is not attractive. It will hinder us from getting depth.

he couldve got us artest and he can get us more than a backup pg that gets no minutes in denver
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

LO is actually pretty hard to trade since he is overpaid. We would have to take some trash back, most likely.

Jake Speed, 1986
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
bounty wrote:
eniq 0x00 wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
bounty wrote:

he couldve got us artest and he can get us more than a backup pg that gets no minutes in denver

Not for sure. Some say Indy didnt want Lo's $$$$$$. So who else? B/c sooner than later we will owe him close to 14mil a year
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind moving him for KG.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

according to some there was an offer of pierce this summer which the lakes turned down.and their are some disgruntled all stars out there.im not saying these are good fits or we should go after them but theyre better than LO for watson

kmart
boozer
francis
pierce
frye/ariza
the youngins in chicago
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Lamar Odom and Slava for Earl Watson, Nene, and a 1st rd pick.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
Lamar Odom and Slava for Earl Watson, Nene, and a 1st rd pick.

nenes contract ends at the end of the season and he may never be the same after that kind of surgery
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: