Cam Newton is a sore loser
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Cam Newton is a sore loser

Cam's handling of the loss was shameful. He didn't answer question, just got up and left. His unprofessional and poor loser attitude is going to cost him. He acted liked a spoiled brat.

He said if you don't want me to do the dab keep me out of the end zone. The Broncos did, he pouted and couldn't face the press. He was truly a disappointment. LINK Video of him not answering questions and walking out LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I like Cam Newton a lot. I was very disappointed by his handling of the press.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering if you were going to acknowledge that.

After all his bluster he's just proven he's a joke.

He claims everyone is "scared" of him because he's such a beast of a player. He touts his own leadership. But when it matters, he not only fades on the greatest stage, but won't even attempt to dive on a damn ball to keep his team's hopes alive and then can't man up to do the things leaders do - show up at the post game PC and face the spotlight in defeat.

He's all celebration and toughness when it's easy, and bitter and weak when it's not.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
I like Cam Newton a lot. I was very disappointed by his handling of the press.

I was watching his commercial LINK They need to stop playing it. It only make him look bad.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

He claims everyone is "scared" of him because he's such a beast of a player. He touts his own leadership. But when it matters, he not only fades on the greatest stage, but won't even attempt to dive on a damn ball to keep his team's hopes alive and then can't man up to do the things leaders do - show up at the post game PC and face the spotlight in defeat.

He's all celebration and toughness when it's easy, and bitter and weak when it's not.

That was the most egregious thing he did all weekend. As a teammate, how do you look at him the same?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cam Newton is a sore loser

jodeke wrote:
Cam's handling of the loss was shameful. He didn't answer question, just got up and left. His unprofessional and poor loser attitude is going to cost him. He acted liked a spoiled brat.

He said if you don't want me to do the dab keep me out of the end zone. The Broncos did, he pouted and couldn't face the press. He was truly a disappointment. LINK Video of him not answering questions and walking out LINK

^^^ rubbish, mostly ...

If I was a fan of the Panthers, I would want to see my QB disconsolate that he lost the biggest game of his life, knowing he may never see the Super Bowl again and that these opportunities at the apex of the game are fleeting for him and the franchise.

What's the alternative? Expecting him to shrug his shoulders and issue a neat soundbite about working hard to get back there next year, hopefully with greater success. Yeah, the idea of insisting that he conform his reaction (at one of the most disappointing moments in his young life, no less) to some standard of behavior set by a pre-20th century expectation of how OTHERS should behave is ridiculous in my book.

Sportsmanship is an important lesson for children, to be clear. But to impose an expectation that every NFL (or NBA or MLB or NHL) player will line up like my nine-year-old after a soccer, basketball or baseball game and shake hands in a single-file line, AND THEN compound the frustration by forcing them to sit before a bunch of journalists who may or may not faithfully cast their comments in a fair way to the rest of the world, is probably very exhausting. These are adults who invest an enormous part of their lives to reach the top of their game. And his desire to just be done with the process, to be alone, makes total sense to me ... in fact, what would make more sense is if the NFL scheduled these media activities after a cooling-off period.

Actually, this is quintessential American culture where we want to shame everyone into acting the way we tell them to act, with little to no regard for how WE actually behave under the same or similar circumstances. He dropped the ball (literally, too) when he failed to dive on the football after the late 4th quarter fumble, but I don't know how the press demands are much of anything to me ... I don't buy the "there's only one way to be a leader" card.

The Facebook posts on this topic are nauseating, too ...

Last edited by the association on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cam Newton is a sore loser

the association wrote:
jodeke wrote:

^^^ rubbish, mostly ...

If I was a fan of the Panthers, I would want to see my QB disconsolate that he lost the biggest game of his life, knowing he may never see the Super Bowl again and that these opportunities at the apex of the game are fleeting for him and the franchise.

What's the alternative? Expecting him to shrug his shoulders and issue a neat soundbite about working hard to get back there next year, hopefully with greater success. Yeah, the idea of insisting that he conform his reaction (at one of the most disappointing moments in his young life, no less) to some standard of behavior set by a pre-20th century expectation of how OTHERS should behave is ridiculous in my book.

Sportsmanship is an important lesson for children, to be clear. But to impose an expectation that every NFL (or NBA or MLB or NHL) player will line up like my nine-year-old after a soccer, basketball or baseball game and shake hands in a single-file line, AND THEN compound the frustration by forcing them to sit before a bunch of journalists who may or may not faithfully cast their comments in a fair way to the rest of the world, is probably very exhausting. These are adults who invest an enormous part of their lives to reach the top of their game. And his desire to just be done with the process, to be alone, makes total sense to me ... in fact, what would make more sense is if the NFL scheduled these media activities after a cooling-off period.

Actually, this is quintessential American culture where we want to shame everyone into acting the way we tell them to act, with little to no regard for how WE actually behave under the same or similar circumstances. He dropped the ball (literally, too) when he failed to dive on the ball after the late 4th quarter fumble, but I don't know how the press demands are much of anything to me ... I don't buy the "there's only one way to be a leader" card.

It's in the job description, and probably spelled out very clearly in his contract. Win or lose, he has to face the media and represent the Panthers organization to the best of his ability. Russell Wilson did it last year. Peyton Manning 2 years ago.

What makes Cam Newton so special that he's excluded from doing the same?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cam Newton is a sore loser

buduan wrote:
the association wrote:
jodeke wrote:

^^^ rubbish, mostly ...

Actually, this is quintessential American culture where we want to shame everyone into acting the way we tell them to act, with little to no regard for how WE actually behave under the same or similar circumstances. He dropped the ball (literally, too) when he failed to dive on the ball after the late 4th quarter fumble, but I don't know how the press demands are much of anything to me ... I don't buy the "there's only one way to be a leader" card.

It's in the job description, and probably spelled out very clearly in his contract. Win or lose, he has to face the media and represent the Panthers organization to the best of his ability. Russell Wilson did it last year. Peyton Manning 2 years ago.

What makes Cam Newton so special that he's excluded from doing the same?

He's not "so special", but he is a human being. His employer and the league have recourse to hold him accountable if his conduct violated his contract or even violated their pre-20th century sensibilities. I'm pretty sure the Carolina Panthers are OK with him returning to the team next season ...

Last edited by the association on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Not surprising.

He loves to celebrate when he's winning but can't handle it when he's losing.

Too bad he lost in the biggest game.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I'd still love to have Cam as the QB of my team. Brian Hoyer handles the media just great. That's such a comfort to us in Houston.

All this stuff gets blown out of proportion. I found Cam's chest thumping over the last few weeks to be annoying (especially the stupid comment about being a black QB like no one has ever seen before, or however he put it), but I still found myself pulling for him in the Super Bowl.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Cam Newton is a sore loser

the association wrote:
jodeke wrote:

^^^ rubbish, mostly ...

Actually, this is quintessential American culture where we want to shame everyone into acting the way we tell them to act, with little to no regard for how WE actually behave under the same or similar circumstances. He dropped the ball (literally, too) when he failed to dive on the football after the late 4th quarter fumble, but I don't know how the press demands are much of anything to me ... I don't buy the "there's only one way to be a leader" card.

Cam is a grown man not a nine year old soccer, basketball or baseball player. He's a professional and should conduct himself as such.

His action was childish not an example for the nine year old soccer, basketball, baseball player to emulate.

His braggadocios persona prior to losing makes him look like a poor loser, sour grapes.

He's a great winner, poor loser. I'm disappointed. He needs to grow up. I'm sure someone in his camp will show him the error of his ways.

Sitting in front of those mentioned is something he signed up to do. It's a part of the contract.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'd still love to have Cam as the QB of my team. Brian Hoyer handles the media just great. That's such a comfort to us in Houston.

All this stuff gets blown out of proportion. I found Cam's chest thumping over the last few weeks to be annoying (especially the stupid comment about being a black QB like no one has ever seen before, or however he put it), but I still found myself pulling for him in the Super Bowl.

I want him also. He's dug himself a PR hole. It's deep.

I'll be pulling for the Cats next season.

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

i can definitely see this as the beginning of the downfall of Cam's career. i don't think he'll ever reach another SB.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Front running fans are worse....
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

If Cam Newton was like MarshawnLynch and basically just ignores the media WIN or LOSE, then I'd be OK with it. What I can't stand is the Bi-Polarity of ONLY being gracious in victory but NOT in defeat.

His NOT diving on that ball isn't at all surprising. That's just who the guy is. Someone who'll pounce on easy opportunities, but run away from anything even remotely challenging. He's like poodle growling at the Rotweiler that's on a leash. Knowing that the Rottie can't reach him, he acts all powerful, but the second that Rottie is off the leash, it's tail tucked between legs and a 180 full sprint.

It wasn't just the biggest game of his life. It was the biggest game of every single one of his teammates lives as well, and he just showed them all just how much he cares about their dreams. He showed them just how much he's willing to give in battle and just when he thinks it's ok to cut and run. When the going get's tough, he made it clear, It's time for Cam to get going. And that's ok. Everyone isn't cut from the same cloth. But when going into battle, you'd like to know just who has your back and who'd cop a deal with the enemy to save his own arse and leave the rest of you hung out to dry. He makes an awesome Mascot, but THAT wasn't leadership.

And let's not forget that full on tantrum he threw after being tackled outside the pocket in the end zone. If that wasn't a bonafide Oscar Winning imitation of a 4 year old, I don't know what is.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cam Newton is a sore loser

the association wrote:

^^^ rubbish, mostly ...

Rubbish, mostly.

It's expected to be angry and disappointed. I doubt there are many athletes at that level that walk away from defeat in the championship who don't feel those things. The difference is in how you handle it as a professional and more importantly as a leader. If he wants to mope around the locker room sullenly or smash it up angrily, more power to him. But as a professional and a leader, you go into that conference room and you face the cameras and questions the same way that those who were defeated previously have done so. No one said he had to lie and act like he wasn't upset. Noe one said he had to make up trite phrases he didn't mean - just that he man up and be the imposing and strong player he claims to be. And especially after telling everyone that they need to just deal with his approach to victory and watch him dance around or rip fans banners from the stands.

Yesterday, Newton failed to put his money were his mouth is, and that's why he is getting criticized (and rightly so).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
If Cam Newton was like MarshawnLynch and basically just ignores the media WIN or LOSE, then I'd be OK with it. What I can't stand is the Bi-Polarity of ONLY being gracious in victory but NOT in defeat.

His NOT diving on that ball isn't at all surprising. That's just who the guy is. Someone who'll pounce on easy opportunities, but run away from anything even remotely challenging. He's like poodle growling at the Rotweiler that's on a leash. Knowing that the Rottie can't reach him, he acts all powerful, but the second that Rottie is off the leash, it's tail tucked between legs and a 180 full sprint.

It wasn't just the biggest game of his life. It was the biggest game of every single one of his teammates lives as well, and he just showed them all just how much he cares about their dreams. He showed them just how much he's willing to give in battle and just when he thinks it's ok to cut and run. When the going get's tough, he made it clear, It's time for Cam to get going. And that's ok. Everyone isn't cut from the same cloth. But when going into battle, you'd like to know just who has your back and who'd cop a deal with the enemy to save his own arse and leave the rest of you hung out to dry. He makes an awesome Mascot, but THAT wasn't leadership.

And let's not forget that full on tantrum he threw after being tackled outside the pocket in the end zone. If that wasn't a bonafide Oscar Winning imitation of a 4 year old, I don't know what is.

I'm guessing his teammates were just as, if not more, disappointed in Cam as I was. Marshawn Lynch made it clear he didn't want to be there. Cam just wussed. I wonder if it will diminish his locker room presence. I believe his leadership is going to take a hit.

He's put a lot of pressure on himself.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i can definitely see this as the beginning of the downfall of Cam's career. i don't think he'll ever reach another SB.

I don't know about that. He's obviously a talented and imposing QB to be reckoned with. I doubt this is the peak of his career, at least in terms of talent and contribution.

But whether he returns to that grand stage is going to depend on a lot of things external to Cam's talent and physicality. I really don't see the Panthers being a 15-1 team again, and their playoff run wasn't all that impressive when you look at the big picture. And I don't peg Rivera as a coach who is a shoe-in to keep those Panthers as a perennial SB contender.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

He has every right to be disappointed, nobody would be crazy enough to imply otherwise. However, he is still a professional and should be expected to conduct himself as such.

Cam showed an immaturity and a foolishness that the face of a franchise just shouldn't display. He let himself down, in a way he showed that the moment was too much for him, not what you expect from your leader.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

He handled it badly. Definitely. But to say he won't reach another SB is a reach. People just like to kick others down when they are at they are at worst moment. How many people envisioned Peyton Manning winning another ring after that butt kicking 2 years ago and the spectacular flameout last year? Sure he didn't play a pivotal role in the game versus previous games in his career, but he protected the football and did enough to ensure that his team won.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

He'd make a great Clipper.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Cam is the face of the Panthers. He did his organization a disservice. I wonder how his mother felt about his actions.

Cam Newton shares the inspiring text his mom sent him for the Super Bow
l

LINK

In defense of Cam. When he didn't go after the ball he may have thought it was a forward pass.

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Peyton Manning walked off the field without shaking anyones hand in loss to the saints.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/peyton-manning-cam-newton-poor-sportsmanship-super-bowl-50_us_56b8b0a5e4b01d80b246fa26

Lebron James after the loss to the magic didnt shake anyones hands or talk to the media.

http://espn.go.com/news/story?id=4392572

Even Kobe didnt shake hands after missing a game winner.

http://m.ocregister.com/lakers/strong-435679-lakers-bryant.html

Its easy to say how you would handle the most disappointing time in your life. But i bet everyone in this thread has acted worst at some point, you just didnt have a camera pointed at your face.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Conducts himself like an ass during and postgame. Had jodeke's seal of approval. It's either Cam Newton or a Patriot.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: