Lakers Front Office - Jeanie's Role vs. Jim's Role
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
bandiger wrote:
In short, Jimbo/Mitch are responsible for the product on the court. Pretty simple to me to hold those two accountable for the worst seasons in Laker's history.

I think Jim should take the fall because Mitch has proven to be pretty capable with the Gasol trade.

Jim just doesnt understand some things. He hired Rudy T then Jerry had to step in and get phil. Try #2 he loved the Mike Brown DVD's. Hired. Now Byron

You are right about Phil coming in after Rudy T.

It was all Jerry with the Phil hirings.

Yes, Jim was in charge of the team when things went wrong, but Jerry was when it went right? Pure solid gold comedy.

For the record:

"Buss, 45, has served in a front-office capacity for the Lakers since 1998, starting out by tagging along on scouting trips with Jerry West and now being instrumental in assisting his father with decisions on trading Shaquille O'Neal, re-hiring Phil Jackson and drafting Andrew Bynum."

http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/buss-437957-lakers-jim.html
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Yes, Jim wasn't suddenly not making decisions when Phil was hired.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers let Phil go in the first place and had to beg him to return less than eight months later.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Byron is here to tank. He's doing a great a great job so far ...

Clarkson
Randle
Brown
Nance
Russell

Hopefully two more great additions to add to that list before he's takes his leave this summer. Add Ben Simmons to that list and pretty sure all is forgetten really soon after this season.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I will gladly hold someone accountable for bringing in a nice core for the future. Now if they mess it up by not bringing in a quality FA or two this offseason, then they need to be held accountable for that. And not to just throw money at bad fits like has happened in NY, but players that can actually fit this team going forward.

As for Jeannie's comments regarding recruiting FAs, too bad the LMA recruiting never made it to the basketball part so she could excuse herself.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: We are seeing our basketball pitch right now, in real time, unfold this season. We suck. Period. It wasn't a secret that we'd suck; outside of us homers (and I absolutely was one), most experts and Vegas pegged us as being a terrible team. Actually, I do believe we are even worse than they predicted. How exactly were we going to land Aldridge with a coach that doesn't believe in analytics and has been ripped left and right for antiquated schemes (and you're one of the more vocal critics I believe) doing the pitch? Come on. We had an aging Kobe who suffered season ending injuries three years running and who looked horrible even when he did play, unproven rookies and second year players, a bad coach, a team that had set franchise records for fewest wins in consecutive seasons, and cap space. Our basketball pitch was basically "Wait for a year and maybe we will be able to land another star to play with you, and with any luck our rookies will have developed quickly to maximize your quickly closing prime window as you hit the wrong side of thirty. But no guarantees, lol!"

Stop pretending there was some magical basketball pitch that would have sold Aldridge that Jeannie ruined. We went with our only strengths: our history and the numerous business opportunities we could offer in LA. Aldridge wanted to compete and win immediately.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: