Magic Johnson just went to town on Jim Buss on Mike & Mike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

When is Magic gonna bring a title to the Dodgers? Is he gonna bring back Fred Claire? How about putting Tommy Lasorda back in the dugout?

But yeah, I'd much rather bring back West than Phil
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Instead of focusing on 70 year old guys like Phil and Jerry West, all greatness aside, shouldn't we be looking to the FUTURE instead of in the past?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

No matter how much this may hurt some peoples feelings, Magic is right. I say keep blasting the horn Magic and hopefully Jimbo goes away!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
No matter how much this may hurt some peoples feelings, Magic is right. I say keep blasting the horn Magic and hopefully Jimbo goes away!

Be careful what you wish for. Jimbo goes away and gets replaced by people no more competent but twice as arrogant and machiavellian.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I do not see the problem with his comments.

Magic is entitled to his opinion about Kobe and Jim Buss.

All of the people who support Jim or want to criticize Magic for his comments are entitled to their opinion.

I think Magic like a majority of the fans are not happy with the current situation with the Lakers.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Instead of focusing on 70 year old guys like Phil and Jerry West, all greatness aside, shouldn't we be looking to the FUTURE instead of in the past?

I think that other than some of the time with Phil, most here on LG can only recall people that moved up form within the organization (FO and coaching) to having success.

No idea if the key decision makers inside the organization feel that great things can be accomplished going forward with that type of philosophy or if they need to bring in Outsiders at high levels to shake things up.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Be careful what you wish for. Jimbo goes away and gets replaced by people no more competent but twice as arrogant and machiavellian.

All I want is for the team to win again. I'm sick of being in the lottery every year. If the person responsible for us being a winner is also an ass, so be it. For me, it's not a popularity contest. And you say "no more competant"...we have the 2nd worst record in the league right now, so we're pretty much at rock bottom right now.

Last edited by kwase on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
How do we know that he has an ego? What has Jim Buss said in the media that let everyone to that conclusion. Magic=ego, Byron Scott=ego, Phil=ego, Jeanie with her tell all diary=ego. The only people that doesn't come of like they have egos are Jim and Mitch. I don't know them personally but damn Magic.

If Jim had an ego, he would be feuding with Magic, Stephen A, and all of the other chicken littles who constantly bash him. He has allowed people to vent their frustrations on him with little to no complaints. That is the opposite of an egomaniac.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
People in the Lakers organization should go on the air and rip the Dodgers a new one everytime they do something that is not right !

Yep...every Laker org. member that PLAYED and REPRESENTED the Dodger org. should go on the air and rip them when necessary
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
People in the Lakers organization should go on the air and rip the Dodgers a new one everytime they do something that is not right !

Yep...every Laker org. member that PLAYED and REPRESENTED the Dodger org. should go on the air and rip them when necessary

It doesn't matter if you played for them or not, If you don't like something their doing in the organization, it's open season to trash them.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kwase wrote:

I think if Jimbo goes away, it will bring closure.

Whether it was right or wrong, it does not matter to me.

Jimbo had his chances to hire the right coaches and bring in the right players,

Unfortunately, it did not work.

If Phil fails, at least we will know. We definitely need to bring closure
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

This is just embarrassing overall for the Lakers.

Shame on all of them. (though Jim has fired the least amounts of shots...mostly coaches that he's fired).
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

It doesn't matter if you played for them or not, If you don't like something their doing in the organization, it's open season to trash them.

No.....it matters WHO you are!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Go away, Magic.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

Who are you??? I'm a Lakers fan who is tired of Magic continually throwing the organization under the bus in the media. Stop pissing on the Lakers organization and worry about the Dodgers organization. It's not doing anyone any good.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

Who are you??? I'm a Lakers fan who is tired of Magic continually throwing the organization under the bus in the media. Stop pissing on the Lakers organization and worry about the Dodgers organization. It's not doing anyone any good.

Lol...Who am I?...ha!!..take a breath.... apparently now, throwing the organization under the bus means going on first take and speaking the truth......... except for hard headed Byron....I'll give ya' that
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

BTW, when I said it matters WHO you are...that had NOTHING to to with you.....I'm saying if you're someone that played, won championships, and not only represented the team but the entire city......your opinion MATTERS!!
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

Lol...Who am I?...ha!!..take a breath.... apparently now, throwing the organization under the bus means going on first take and speaking the truth......... except for hard headed Byron....I'll give ya' that

Sorry, read your post wrong . How can we say it's truth when he doesn't criticize the first obvious about what's going on and that's his buddy coaching ability. He went on radio touting him as the best and obvious coach for the Lakers. Anyone that has eyes and a brain can see that Byron has failed miserably. So what is Magic doing? Is he cherry picking who he wants to blame or is he being HONEST about what he's saying? I know, anytime bad that happens, it's Jim's doing and anything good, it's Jeanie, Mitch, Ryan's doing. If he had love for this organization, he wouldn't hammer them about this stuff. Like I said in previous post history, I don't see any Celtics greats trashing their organization and they've had worse stretches of being bad than the Lakers. Shut up, see what can be done to help and stop badmouthing it every chance you can get when potential FA's are looking for another team. He's doing more harm than good.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is just embarrassing overall for the Lakers.

Shame on all of them. (though Jim has fired the least amounts of shots...mostly coaches that he's fired).

You know Magic isn't ownership anymore. He's not affiliated with the team. He's just another fan, and like any fan, he's entitled to feel what he feels.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Magic is actually the worst showtime Laker, with Byron just behind him.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Magic, just stop.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

So you're saying that someone that brought us 5 championships and loves the Lakers to death should stop going on radio/TV and giving his opinion about why we suck so much, because it could somehow make us worse off than having the 2nd worse record in the entire league? I mean, we're only better than 1 team in the NBA. We've had 3 consecutive years of Team Tank threads where fans are rooting for losses. How bad should it get before people who have a voice step up and beat the drum? Should we all put our heads in the sand and pretend this isn't happening?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

DocK36 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
In a way, he is indirectly criticizing Byron. Wasn't Byron a Jim Buss hire?

That's the only appropriate follow-up question that, of course, nobody outside of Don MacLean and silverscreen&roll have the balls to ask: "Does your criticism of Jim include his coaching choice?"
considering Magic was so quick to rip D"Antoni any chance he has in the past, this is a very legit question to ask him.

Absolutely. But nobody has the naddies to ask.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Magic is actually the worst showtime Laker, with Byron just behind him.

Yeah, that entire decade in the 80's was a complete disaster

C'mon guys, we're better than that. We have a rich history that needs to be praised. There are 28 other NBA teams that would cut off their right arm to have the level of success we've enjoyed, and Magic is a huge part of that.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Jeanie has pressed the sabotage button. First we have the multiple leaks saying that she's going to clean house and Phil is coming. Now you have Magic jumping on board.

Good observation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: