Magic Johnson just went to town on Jim Buss on Mike & Mike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Jeanie has pressed the sabotage button. First we have the multiple leaks saying that she's going to clean house and Phil is coming. Now you have Magic jumping on board.

Good observation.

Anything to get rid of Jim. It's time to do something.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

magic Johnson loves the lakers.......He does not believe in jim buss and he is not wrong. I cant believe just because he does not believe in jim he is wrong and a trader to the lakers. He wants just as much as anyone on this board for the lakers to be great. If he had seen jim make great decisions, he would have been right next to him, cheering him on......Magic Johnson is a laker great and stop beating up on him.....because of jim buss.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
magic Johnson loves the lakers.......He does not believe in jim buss and he is not wrong. I cant believe just because he does not believe in jim he is wrong and a trader to the lakers. He wants just as much as anyone on this board for the lakers to be great. If he had seen jim make great decisions, he would have been right next to him, cheering him on......Magic Johnson is a laker great and stop beating up on him.....because of jim buss.

He's friends with Scott and doesn't want to talk bad about him. That's what MOST people are frustrated with. Bashing Jim is completely reasonable though I agree.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

one way to stop this is for Jim to publicly say he is gonna step back and just be an owner, promote Mitch to his position and then promote Ryan to Mitch's position.

I am indifferent about Jim but this public back and forth he said she said between media moles needs to stop, Jim can be the tie breaking vote much like Dr Buss was with Jerry West and Mitch if needed or overrule all together because he is owner

But Screamin Stephen and Magic and other media types have railed on Jim so hard whether true or not there is a bad public im age of him out there and the Lakers dont need that
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Magic is actually the worst showtime Laker, with Byron just behind him.

Is there a jail for bad posts???......at the very least you should be pulled over for drunk posting!!
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
People in the Lakers organization should go on the air and rip the Dodgers a new one everytime they do something that is not right !

Yep...every Laker org. member that PLAYED and REPRESENTED the Dodger org. should go on the air and rip them when necessary

It doesn't matter if you played for them or not, If you don't like something their doing in the organization, it's open season to trash them.

No.....it matters WHO you are!!!

Who are you??? I'm a Lakers fan who is tired of Magic continually throwing the organization under the bus in the media. Stop pissing on the Lakers organization and worry about the Dodgers organization. It's not doing anyone any good.

So you're saying that someone that brought us 5 championships and loves the Lakers to death should stop going on radio/TV and giving his opinion about why we suck so much, because it could somehow make us worse off than having the 2nd worse record in the entire league? I mean, we're only better than 1 team in the NBA. We've had 3 consecutive years of Team Tank threads where fans are rooting for losses. How bad should it get before people who have a voice step up and beat the drum? Should we all put our heads in the sand and pretend this isn't happening?

The way they've been drafting, they've acquired some young talent! They have the 2nd worst record in the league do to this incompetent coach. They'll finally have a lot of money to spend to go after pieces to make it a better team. Then you have this Dodgers executive that finds the urge to always want to talk about the Lakers. Okay, we get it, you are not friends with Jim, but to continually go on air to trash mouth this person who hasn't said one thing about you is stupid to me. But you have this coach who is terrible but you won't say a thing about that because he's your FRIEND. So you're just cherry picking who you want to complain about.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Magic is actually the worst showtime Laker, with Byron just behind him.

No way, Magic is my favorite player of all time! Now after B-ball that's a different story.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
kwase wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
People in the Lakers organization should go on the air and rip the Dodgers a new one everytime they do something that is not right !

Yep...every Laker org. member that PLAYED and REPRESENTED the Dodger org. should go on the air and rip them when necessary

It doesn't matter if you played for them or not, If you don't like something their doing in the organization, it's open season to trash them.

Who are you??? I'm a Lakers fan who is tired of Magic continually throwing the organization under the bus in the media. Stop pissing on the Lakers organization and worry about the Dodgers organization. It's not doing anyone any good.

So you're saying that someone that brought us 5 championships and loves the Lakers to death should stop going on radio/TV and giving his opinion about why we suck so much, because it could somehow make us worse off than having the 2nd worse record in the entire league? I mean, we're only better than 1 team in the NBA. We've had 3 consecutive years of Team Tank threads where fans are rooting for losses. How bad should it get before people who have a voice step up and beat the drum? Should we all put our heads in the sand and pretend this isn't happening?

The way they've been drafting, they've acquired some young talent! They have the 2nd worst record in the league do to this incompetent coach. They'll finally have a lot of money to spend to go after pieces to make it a better team. Then you have this Dodgers executive that finds the urge to always want to talk about the Lakers. Okay, we get it, you are not friends with Jim, but to continually go on air to trash mouth this person who hasn't said one thing about you is stupid to me. But you have this coach who is terrible but you won't say a thing about that because he's your FRIEND. So you're just cherry picking who you want to complain about.

He's not cherry picking... he's on everyone but his friend... lol, that's what friends are for
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Magic didn't jump on board.
My god did we even watch it?
He said he'd PREFER it if Phil stays in NY because NY really needs to get it together and that he has a job there. He hopes that JERRY WEST would come in, that Jim Buss would just be owner, take a step back from being the day to day guy - you know the guy that basically has his own analytics formula and wants to play virtual GM for real - to give Mitch and West the power. Just get someone in with a basketball acumen that is proven.

He also commended Kobe like I've never seen him, said he hopes the Buss keep the business.

While certainly it's obvious he gets along with Jeannie and not Jim, it is also obvious that he isn't pushing anything different than he did 3 years ago, 2 years ago, or 1 year ago. What did the Lakers losing more games every year expect people to change Magic's views on Jim Buss? SAS even tried to ask him if he would only recruit FA's of Jim was out, he made it clear he would recruit regardless - if asked he would do all the wining and dining. But did make a point that free agents will be hard to convince with the current set up.

Do realize he clearly stood up for Mitch. There is one common theme among all people who bash Jim. They root and stick up for Mitch. Shouldn't that tell you guys something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
kwase wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

He's not cherry picking... he's on everyone but his friend... lol, that's what friends are for

, yeah, but Magic, you've got to keep it real. That's why I go back to that, Mitch = teammate=friend, Jeanie = grew up like brother and sister = friend, Jim=no relationship = I'm going to rip into him every chance I get. I believe the Lakers are headed on the right path with no cap hell, bad contracts and young talent moving forward. If they do it right which they are finally getting there, they can set the team up for a long time for success. Now just hire a damn coach that have a good system and can teach along with great assistants.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

headed in the right direction might be a little strong just yet....more like lumbering.....
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

I didn't understand Magic's comments about the Lakers draft choices, when saying Nance Jr and Randle are similar players just because they both play at the four. And then saying Hibbert and Black are the exactly same type players.

I think Jim does need to take a step back and just be the owner, Mitch shouldn't go anywhere maybe he does need more help someone who the Lakers can trust and has great knowledge of basketball. I know how great Phil Jackson was for the Lakers as a coach but I don't want him back working in head office. Maybe give Ryan West a bigger role or something?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He said he'd PREFER it if Phil stays in NY because NY really needs to get it together and that he has a job there. He hopes that JERRY WEST would come in, that Jim Buss would just be owner, take a step back from being the day to day guy - you know the guy that basically has his own analytics formula and wants to play virtual GM for real - to give Mitch and West the power. Just get someone in with a basketball acumen that is proven.

He also commended Kobe like I've never seen him, said he hopes the Buss keep the business.

While certainly it's obvious he gets along with Jeannie and not Jim, it is also obvious that he isn't pushing anything different than he did 3 years ago, 2 years ago, or 1 year ago. What did the Lakers losing more games every year expect people to change Magic's views on Jim Buss? SAS even tried to ask him if he would only recruit FA's of Jim was out, he made it clear he would recruit regardless - if asked he would do all the wining and dining. But did make a point that free agents will be hard to convince with the current set up.

Do realize he clearly stood up for Mitch. There is one common theme among all people who bash Jim. They root and stick up for Mitch. Shouldn't that tell you guys something?

But what did he say about the coach?
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Magic would never talk bad about his buddy Byron same with James Worthy.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yeah, I didn't see anything that was out of line in what he said.
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Of course he hasn't mention Byron Scott once in his rumblings about the Lakers' troubles. Byron freaking Scott, the absolute worst coach in the NBA, who is collecting millions this year to be absolutely terrible at his job.

Don't want to hear anymore out of Magic about this. He's said enough and it's fallen on deaf ears.
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Magic would never talk bad about his buddy Byron same with James Worthy.

Exactly. It's a joke. Don't even take Magic Johnson's takes on the Lakers seriously anymore.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

What would you say about one of your best friends? Would you bash them on national TV? Would Kobe go on TV and bash Lamar? Would Kobe go on and bash Fisher's job as a coach? No. Why? He loves Fish. He's blind to Fish's flaws because he has a personal relationship with him - a brother like bond. That's how it would be like with Magic in reference to Scott. To ask him to go out and start bashing Scott is maybe asking someone to be a little too unbiased. Certainly Magic has his faults and is far from unbiased. Never said he is not biased. He has a bias. He has an agenda. Unlike Jeannie though, Magic's only agenda is Laker love. He wants the Lakers to do well. He doesn't just want Phil, he'd take Jerry West. Magic is no different than any of us - he's a huge Lakers fan at this point, and nothing else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

What would you say about one of your best friends? Would you bash them on national TV? Would Kobe go on TV and bash Lamar? Would Kobe go on and bash Fisher's job as a coach? No. Why? He loves Fish. He's blind to Fish's flaws because he has a personal relationship with him - a brother like bond. That's how it would be like with Magic in reference to Scott. To ask him to go out and start bashing Scott is maybe asking someone to be a little too unbiased. Certainly Magic has his faults and is far from unbiased. Never said he is not biased. He has a bias. He has an agenda. Unlike Jeannie though, Magic's only agenda is Laker love. He wants the Lakers to do well. He doesn't just want Phil, he'd take Jerry West. Magic is no different than any of us - he's a huge Lakers fan at this point, and nothing else.

I agree that most people aren't going to bash their good friends on TV, which is why maybe they shouldn't do interviews where they know they'll be asked to comment about a situation they aren't capable of discussing fairly.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Has Jimbo ever said anything noteworthy in response to Magic's bashing? I'm curious..

By and large, Buss ignores Magic's comments. About 18 months Buss said something like, “Magic Johnson going nuts on me? It’s like, ‘Really, dude? My Dad made you a billionaire almost. Really? Where are you coming from?”

People jumped down his throat for it, but I thought it was actually a pretty mild statement considering Magic trashes him non-stop. Basically, it's barely even criticizing Magic or responding to him.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
How do we know that he has an ego? What has Jim Buss said in the media that let everyone to that conclusion. Magic=ego, Byron Scott=ego, Phil=ego, Jeanie with her tell all diary=ego. The only people that doesn't come of like they have egos are Jim and Mitch. I don't know them personally but damn Magic.

If Jim had an ego, he would be feuding with Magic, Stephen A, and all of the other chicken littles who constantly bash him. He has allowed people to vent their frustrations on him with little to no complaints. That is the opposite of an egomaniac.
Now I'm not saying Jim Buss is blameless, but I think the guy has taken a lot of abuse by people who clearly has an agenda. One good thing I can say about him is he keeps his mouth shut most of the time. As opposed to Jeanie who opens her mouth too often and make an ass out of herself. Just her getting romantically involved with Phil when he first got here makes me question her decision making and professionalism. It's business and she's making it personal.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Sounds good to me.

Seriously, if we were winning, we would not be having this conversation.

It is all about winning.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

These Showtime players tarnishing their legacy with their post- playing day BS coming out their mouths. Magic, Byron, James. Killin me.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
These Showtime players tarnishing their legacy with their post- playing day BS coming out their mouths. Magic, Byron, James. Killin me.

They are arguably the best team ever. Not surprising that they'd defend each other to this very day.

Anyway, he's right in what type of figure head the Lakers need. Jim is far from that guy and Mitch, while one of the best GM's int he NBA, is not that face/pitch maker that can create that authentic aura of what the Lakers are all about.

Jerry West + Mitch + Ryan West seem like a dream team.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I believe Dr. Buss let Magic think there was a chance he'd run our Lakers Front Office one day. And that is a major motivation for why he judges Jim so harshly and publicly.

LINK

But I'm not familiar with Magic and Jeannie's relationship back in the day. And why that prevents his criticisms from extending to her.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: