Thunder assistant Monty Williams' wife dies in serious car crash
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Thunder assistant Monty Williams' wife dies in serious car crash

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4694533-monty-williams-wife-ingrid-dead-car-crash-oklahoma-city-thunder-assistant-coach?eadid=SOC%2FTwi%2FSNMain

Quote:
Thunder assistant Monty Williams' wife dies after serious car crash

Monty Williams' wife died Wednesday after she was involved in a serious car crash on Tuesday.

Ingrid Williams, 44, was struck head-on by another vehicle that crossed the center lane, according to The Oklahoman. The driver of the other vehicle and her dog were both pronounced dead at the scene.

Monty is currently an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder, but previously served as the head coach of the Pelicans. The Thunder released a statement on Wednesday following her death.

Monty and Ingrid have five children together.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

That is sad. You never know what can happen. Sorry Monty
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Those poor kids and their Dad.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Apparently the other driver had the dog in her lap while she was driving. I don't get why you drive with a dog on your lap might as well text while you're at it :/
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject:

LGers, let's pause and take a moment from our daily lives to appreciate how lucky we are generally, every single day. I lost my first wife many years ago in a wreck and the effects of that day are still echoing now, more than fifty since later.

This tragedy for the Williams family is a reminder of how lives can change directions forever, without notice, in an instant. Appreciate life ! Give good thoughts out there for your friends and loved ones, and today, try to include Monte and all of the people in his circle whose lives changed today. They're gonna need every bit of help they can get.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

OMG!!!

70sdude wrote:
LGers, let's pause and take a moment from our daily lives to appreciate how lucky we are generally, every single day. I lost my first wife many years ago in a wreck and the effects of that day are still echoing now, more than fifty since later.

This tragedy for the Williams family is a reminder of how lives can change directions forever, without notice, in an instant. Appreciate life ! Give good thoughts out there for your friends and loved ones, and today, try to include Monte and all of the people in his circle whose lives changed today. They're gonna need every bit of help they can get.

Werd...

EDIT: oh goodness! I don't know how I missed that. I'm so sorry for your loss as well...

Last edited by TDRock on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Sorry to hear of your loss as well
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Damn. Condolences.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Sorry about your loss.

I feel terrible for Monty and his children. My condolences go out to him and his family.

Pau Gasol is nice
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Just awful.
Feel for the kids.
Monty
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

That's awful, so sorry to the families involved.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Super sad. 😰

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/697626665820749825?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Condolences for Monty's family (and all of his wife's loved ones), but I'm also very, very sorry for your loss. Life is precious, indeed (and for avoidance of doubt, I don't mean that as a broader socio-political statement AT ALL). On a personal level, I'm profoundly moved when individuals who have lived through devastating tragedy take the time to exhort others to live life to the fullest. Far too often we forget to appreciate each moment before us ...
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject:

My prayers with his family. May her soul rest in peace.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Apparently the other driver had the dog in her lap while she was driving. I don't get why you drive with a dog on your lap might as well text while you're at it :/

This. Driving with your dog in your lap? How stupid can a person be? I actually see people doing it all the time. It's just hard for me to believe it, what could possibly go wrong while driving with your dog in your lap?

I actually saw someone on a motorcycle with their dog draped over the tank.

My condolences to the Williams family. Feel terrible for Monty and their kids.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I don't get why you drive with a dog on your lap might as well text while you're at it :/

For the same reason people bring their dogs into stores when they aren't service animals or leave their dog's poop for others to clean up.

They're a-holes!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

Prayers for Monty and his family. Also for 70sdude.

That's never easy to go through
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

We can only control but so much. Amazing how quick (bleep) can just go left. This woman is in her lane, minding her business. And in a blink, it's all over.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject:

My condolences go out to the Williams family and friends. My gosh, someone losing their life or their loved one this way; that's unimaginable tragedy and pain - right in front of us.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject:

http://newsok.com/article/5479233

Quote:

Details released in fatal crash of Thunder assistant coach's wife

The car that struck the Chevy Suburban driven by the wife of an assistant Oklahoma City Thunder coach was traveling 92 mph one second before the vehicles crashed head-on, police said.

Ingrid Williams, 44, was taken to OU Medical Center where she died after the Feb. 9 crash. The driver of the car, Susannah Donaldson, 52, died at the scene.

Donaldson's car was clocked at 92 mph 1.2 seconds before the crash, police Sgt. Gary Knight said. Five seconds before the crash, it was traveling 88 mph, he said. At impact, the car was traveling at 78 mph.

The speed limit on the stretch of road where the crash occurred, between the 1300 and 1400 block of S Western Avenue, is 40 mph.

Police would not comment on whether the odor of alcohol was detected at the scene, deferring to the state medical examiner's office where Donaldson's body was taken.

About 8 p.m. Feb. 9, Donaldson was heading south and swerved left of center to avoid another southbound vehicle before her car crashed head-on into Williams' sport utility vehicle, according to the accident report.

Ingrid Williams was the wife of Monty Williams, Oklahoma City Thunder assistant coach. Williams was formerly the head coach of the New Orleans Pelicans. Three of their children who were in the SUV were taken to OU Medical Center.

Donaldson had been ticketed repeatedly in Moore for speeding, municipal records there show.

On May 27, 2002, she was involved in a similar accident in Moore, striking from behind a car that had slowed to turn, records show. She was ticketed that time for failing to devote full attention to driving. She also was sued by the other driver, whose daughter was injured. The lawsuit alleged that after the accident Donaldson stated “she had her mind on other things.” A judge in 2005 approved a $5,000 settlement to be paid on behalf of the injured girl.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Sad. Such irresponsible people put others life in danger. They should have revoked the licence of other woman after first incident.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject:

To all NBA players caught DUI'ng, who think their are ironmen, think about this sad event. It could have been their wives.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject:

Damn. 2 families lost a wife mother daughter etc... Slow down people.
40footlayup
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

This just hurts to read. I read an article about how Monty and his wife looked after Ryan Anderson after his girlfriend committed suicide.

http://deadspin.com/monty-williams-was-there-for-ryan-anderson-after-girlfr-1658474823

Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

The degree of sadness is as low as it can be here. His funeral speech was one of the most inspiring speeches I have ever heard in my life. The positivness and the pure amazingness of a complete and strong human being. Makes me realize how deficient I am as a human being.

Last time I felt like this was when the kids of the people who got shot in the church shooting were on TV and said they forgave the shooter. Just in awe of people like this and it certainly gives hints of proof in my mind that there is something divine around us, for these people to have that kind of hope and just Beautifulness.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: