View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Brock Osweiler signs with the Texans. Broncos need a QB now. Wonder if they are calling Peyton to hold off on filing those retirement papers...

What happened? Did Elway lowball him?

I suspect the benching had a lot to do with it. Secondarily there were high expectations after the SB win. With the Texans you get a fresh slate on a good defensive team.

Higher pay, longer contract, more guaranteed money, a fresh start and playing for a team with a very good defense. Only way he would've returned to Denver if they paid him more money but I suspect once they yanked him in the playoffs he knew he wasn't that high on their priority list.
I would not be surprised if Kap goes to Denver. Even with his noodle arm, with a very good D behind him they got to the Super Bowl. Bronco's might be thinking the same thing considering they had the best defense.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Brock Osweiler signs with the Texans. Broncos need a QB now. Wonder if they are calling Peyton to hold off on filing those retirement papers...

I suspect the benching had a lot to do with it. Secondarily there were high expectations after the SB win. With the Texans you get a fresh slate on a good defensive team.

Higher pay, longer contract, more guaranteed money, a fresh start and playing for a team with a very good defense. Only way he would've returned to Denver if they paid him more money but I suspect once they yanked him in the playoffs he knew he wasn't that high on their priority list.
I would not be surprised if Kap goes to Denver. Even with his noodle arm, with a very good D behind him they got to the Super Bowl. Bronco's might be thinking the same thing considering they had the best defense.

Sucks for the Donkeys if they end up with Krap.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

Love what the Raiders are doing.

Bruce Irvin, Osemele, and now Sean Smith!!!

Mix in the #14 pick.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Olivier Vernon gets $85mil/5 years from the Giants. Way too much for a #2 complementary pass rusher and now he makes more than JJ Watt. Bye.

I liked Olivier but can't complain we didn't match that price tag. I do like the Mario signing, but hate the fact that we swapped picks w/ Philly to get Kiko, dumb move. Overall, one step forward, two steps backwards for the Phins.

Huh?

Dolphins had intention to trade-down in this year's draft at the start of the offseason. So, what the Phins did is swapping down a few spots and got two starter-caliber players while giving up a 4th rounder.

Pretty much a low-risk gamble. Or hardly any risk. If Kiko Alonso pans out, then the winner is the Phins. If not, no big whoop.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

Manziel cut.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14933932/johnny-manziel-waived-cleveland-browns-tumultuous-two-years

Kap wants to play for Browns.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14949568/san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-wants-play-new-cleveland-browns-coach-hue-jackson

Looks like Denver don't have to worry about Kap now...
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

Broncos get Mark Sanchez for a conditional draft pick

From Peyton manning to butt fumbles

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Broncos get Mark Sanchez for a conditional draft pick

From Peyton manning to butt fumbles

What the.....
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Manziel cut.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14933932/johnny-manziel-waived-cleveland-browns-tumultuous-two-years

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14949568/san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-wants-play-new-cleveland-browns-coach-hue-jackson

If Cleveland goes for Krapernick right after their Manziel experience, then they truly deserve the implosion they'll continue to endure.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Manziel cut.

If Cleveland goes for Krapernick right after their Manziel experience, then they truly deserve the implosion they'll continue to endure.

It makes sense though. Cleveland is where QBs go to die.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Mix in the #14 pick.

Yes, the Raiders are doin' work. If they can get Weddle to sign, they can look to address their defensive line in the draft, and there will be a premium D-line player available at #14.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Manziel cut.

I still like Kapernick. I think he got stuck with a (bleep) coach last year.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Sanchez does have good playoff numbers. That move might make sense.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile in GB, <chirp, chirp> TT doin' work!
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Mix in the #14 pick.

Yes, the Raiders are doin' work. If they can get Weddle to sign, they can look to address their defensive line in the draft, and there will be a premium D-line player available at #14.

Weddle is GARBAGE. The guy is super overrated and he's getting up there in age. Watch him tackle it's a joke.

Here's a guy I think the Raiders should target in the 2nd round (#44) Sua Cravens from USC. He can play both SS and FS spots. He played out of position at LB to help SC a lot the past few years.

Great range and great tackler.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

No, but Elway wouldn't overpay like we did. The Texans had to make a move. I'm not sure that Osweiler is an upgrade over Hoyer, though he does have a higher ceiling. Osweiler really wasn't all that great for the Broncos last year.

You have to appreciate the situation in Houston. Other than two or three years when Matt Schaub was fairly decent, we've never had a good QB in Houston. Schaub broke his foot and was never really the same. Since then, it has been a revolving door.

As many of you know from your experience with your own teams, there comes a point when the fan base gets pretty unruly. The problem is that getting a good quarterback is a lot easier said than done. There are teams that have been fighting this battle for decades. You can roll the dice on some kid in the draft, who might turn out to be the next Peyton Manning, but who also might turn out to be the next Jamarcus Russell. Or you can fish for free agents and hope you can find someone who works out. You can always second guess the front office. In hindsight, you know who worked out and who didn't.

Things came to a boil last year. We had the usual revolving door, with Hoyer starting, getting benched for Mallett, and then getting his job back. T.J. Yates and Brandon Weeden were in there somewhere, too. Mallett made a fool of himself and got cut. Then we squeaked into the playoffs, and Hoyer had about as bad a game as you can have. What was it, 30-0 or something?

So the Texans' management had to do something. As a playoff team, we don't have a great draft pick, and the draft class is thin anyway. So we could trade up and gamble on another kid. Or we could stick with Hoyer and watch people go insane. Or we could overpay for Osweiler.

Elway didn't have that kind of pressure. He probably made the smart move. Of course, if Osweiler turns out to be the breakout QB of 2016, Elway will get second guessed and the Texans will look like geniuses. That's the NFL for you.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Osweiler looked better than he did with the Bronco's D behind him. I don't think he's the solution the Texans are hoping for.....but when you have a string of average-mediocre QB's anything is an improvement. Its better than trying to continue the failed rotating QB's last year.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Osweiler looked better than he did with the Bronco's D behind him. I don't think he's the solution the Texans are hoping for.....but when you have a string of average-mediocre QB's anything is an improvement. Its better than trying to continue the failed rotating QB's last year.

Well, the Broncos now have Butt Fumble. Don't know why they needed to trade a pick for him because anything over a Jack in the Box taco is too much.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

Problem is all the remaining QB's on the market are reclamation projects. You might as well roll the dice and hope you get lucky. And lets not get into Johnny Football who has substance abuse problems and probably has played his last NFL game the way things are going.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject:

The Rams wont be good until they draft a great QB. My predictions for the season.

NFC West - Seahawks 13-3
NFC North - Packers 12-4
NFC East - Cowboys 11-5
NFC South - Falcons 11-5

WC teams Panthers 10-6, Cardinals 10-6

AFC South - Colts 13-3
AFC North - Steerlers 12-4
AFC East - Patriots 11-5
AFC West - Chiefs 11-5

WC teams Raiders 10-6 , Bengals 10-6
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject:

Two good QBs in this draft class, the rest should really be late round picks or repurposed into another position. If I was the Houston GM, I'd do whatever I could to land Carson Wentz. He's a great fit for their system and has outstanding upside.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Two good QBs in this draft class, the rest should really be late round picks or repurposed into another position. If I was the Houston GM, I'd do whatever I could to land Carson Wentz. He's a great fit for their system and has outstanding upside.

Why? They just committed a lot of money to Osweiller, no need for them to get Wentz now.

It'd cost them multiple picks to go and get themselves a backup QB, they have other needs more worthy of a first round pick.

I'm not really sold on any of the QBs in this draft, Wentz hasn't proved himself even at division I level in college, that's a huge question mark even if he is a decent athlete with a good arm.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Martavis Bryant apparently hasn’t chosen football over marijuana.

Dejan Kovacevic of dkpittsburghsports.com reports that Bryant is “facing a season-long suspension.”

If this flows from the continuation of issues that Bryant said after serving a four-game suspension in 2015 “are behind me now,” it’s unclear why Bryant has skipped over the 10-game suspension and went straight to what would be, technically, a banishment with the ability to apply for reinstatement after one calendar year passes. It’s possible that, while facing a 10-game suspension for a violation of the policy, Bryant committed a separate violation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/12/report-martavis-bryant-facing-one-year-suspension/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Mix in the #14 pick.

Weddle is GARBAGE. The guy is super overrated and he's getting up there in age. Watch him tackle it's a joke.

Here's a guy I think the Raiders should target in the 2nd round (#44) Sua Cravens from USC. He can play both SS and FS spots. He played out of position at LB to help SC a lot the past few years.

Great range and great tackler.

You could very well be right. As for Cravens, I've seen him in mock drafts go anywhere from the late first to the late second, so he may not be there at 44.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Why? They just committed a lot of money to Osweiller, no need for them to get Wentz now.

It'd cost them multiple picks to go and get themselves a backup QB, they have other needs more worthy of a first round pick.

I'm not really sold on any of the QBs in this draft, Wentz hasn't proved himself even at division I level in college, that's a huge question mark even if he is a decent athlete with a good arm.

Yep. Before the Osweiler deal, I was sort of hoping that the Texans would pick up Cardale Jones in the third round, if he got that far. At least he has the potential to be a special QB, even if there are a lot of question marks. Wentz also has the potential to be a special QB -- probably more potential -- but he would have cost a ton in draft picks.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I agree. They need OL, a complementary WR to Hopkins, and a complementary DE to Watt. Going QB with the first round with plenty of quality prospects to be had at other more pressing needs is foolhardy. Especially since this is a rather weak QB draft class.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 3 of 105
Jump to: