Official 2016 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17834575/mark-davis-tells-owners-plans-file-raiders-move-las-vegas

Looks like the Raiders will be moving to Las Vegas....
I think after the election we will know whether the SD taxpayers will want to help pay for a new downtown stadium for the Chargers. Otherwise I think the Chargers will be relocating to LA next season.

As it stands now, the vote needs 66% for SD's convadium. That wouldn't happen even if voters were voting for Jesus Christ to come down from heaven. However, as far as I know there is some movement trying to get the vote to only need 50%, which probably won't get heard until after the vote. So if it does get to 50%, there's a chance the Chargers stay an extra year to wait for that to get resolved, which I beleive is an option in the deal the NFL gave them.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe I've ever critiqued the NFL "color rush" uniforms before, but wow...check out Green Bay tonight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Aaron closed his eyes after that throw.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Rodgers has thrown 22 passes already. Yet still has only 106 yards.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Matt Barkley! Fight on!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Too many defensive penalties for automatic first downs in the NFL.

They need to give the defenses a bit more latitude in my view.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Too many defensive penalties for automatic first downs in the NFL.

They need to give the defenses a bit more latitude in my view.

True.

However, I think defenses have caught up a lot in the last few years. NFL defensive minded coaches have adapted to the changes through personnel and on the field schemes.

The one thing I don't like is how certain players go for the knees because they don't want to let someone escape/hit the upper body. It's disgusting imo, just as awful as going for the head.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

Aaron had a good completion percent but if you look at the throws some were behind the receiver. I remember two. Some were off target.

I gave the receivers some credit for his high completion percent. He wasn't as pin point as I'm use to seeing him. Good sign he was moving well and throwing on the run.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/18/prime-time-ratings-crater-again/

Quote:
Prime-time ratings crater again

As NFL owners meet in Houston, here’s hoping they decide to devote real resources to figuring out why ratings are down, and what can be done to improve them.

The incentive to do so exists, without question. Monday night’s Jets-Cardinals game on ESPN generated a 6.3 rating, which represents a 34-percent drop from Giants-Eagles in Week Six of 2015. It’s also a 27-percent decline from 49ers-Rams in 2014.

Sunday Night Football on NBC struggled as well, with the 9.0 rating for Colts-Texans representing a 38.4-percent decline over Patriots-Colts from Week Six of the 2015 season. The 26-23 overtime win by the Texans, which was far less compelling than the outcome would suggest until late in the fourth quarter, was the lowest rated SNF game since Colts-Saints in 2011, a 62-7 New Orleans blowout over a Colts team that lacked Peyton Manning.

Despite widespread speculation regarding the potential reasons for the decline, quality and attractiveness of the games appear to be the primary factors. Cowboys-Packers on FOX, by far the most interesting game of the weekend, had a 13.6 rating — up more than 20 percent over last year’s Seahawks-Panthers Week Six late-afternoon FOX broadcast.

During Monday night’s game, ESPN’s Sean McDonough lamented the prevalence of yellow flags, suggesting it may be evidence of diminished fan interest.

“If we’re looking for reasons why TV ratings for the NFL are down all over the place, this doesn’t help,” McDonough said, via TheBigLead.com. “The way this game has been officiated is not something anybody wants to watch.”

Apart from the officiating, no one wanted to watch the one-win Jets sleepwalk their way to a 28-3 loss to Arizona, which entered the game at 2-3. In fairness to the league, Jets-Cardinals looked like a much better matchup in April than it became through five weeks.

That’s a byproduct of parity, where good teams can quickly become bad teams. And seemingly good games can quickly become bad games.

This weekend, another one-win team plays in primetime on Thursday night, when the Bears visit the Packers. Seahawks-Cardinals on Sunday night should generate plenty of interest, as should Texans-Broncos on Monday.

Regardless of the reasons, the league has every incentive to come up with real solutions. Which could/should include our seat-of-the-pants spitball regarding the selection of the Sunday night game on a week-by-week basis.

I read in SI that the last time ratings dropped from one year to the next was from 2011 to 2012. And like now, 2012 was an election year. I know at least two debates have gone up against typically popular NFL games. Could be a reason or a coincidence.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/10/new_orleans_saints_surprise_su.html

Quote:
New Orleans Saints surprise super fan Jarrius Robertson with contract, trip to Kansas City

The New Orleans Saints signed young super fan Jarrius Robertson to a contract Tuesday morning on "Good Morning America."

Robertson, 14, is battling a chronic liver disease which affects his physical growth. He's currently on the waiting list for a liver transplant.

The Saints first met Robertson last December when he was a patient at Ochsner Hospital for Children, and he's been around the team ever since attending practices and games.

Saints players find 'new defensive coordinator' at Ochsner Hospital for Children
Saints players find 'new defensive coordinator' at Ochsner Hospital for Children
Patient Jarrius Robertson has some advice for safety Jairus Byrd

Saints coach Sean Payton, quarterback Drew Brees and defensive end Cam Jordan surprised Robertson on the morning talk show with a contract.

"As a coach, you love it when you see someone with his energy. He is on everyone's butt, trust me," Payton said. "We're going to sign Jarrius today to a contract to become a New Orleans Saint, today.

"He's got an assignment, it's significant. Jarrius, you and your father are coming with us this weekend to Kansas City, and you're going to be our social media correspondent. Heck, we're going to put you in charge of all the media."

Robertson quickly signed the contract to become an honorary member of the team and said: "You don't have to tell me twice!"

I love the Saints
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/18/prime-time-ratings-crater-again/

Quote:
Prime-time ratings crater again

As NFL owners meet in Houston, here’s hoping they decide to devote real resources to figuring out why ratings are down, and what can be done to improve them.

The incentive to do so exists, without question. Monday night’s Jets-Cardinals game on ESPN generated a 6.3 rating, which represents a 34-percent drop from Giants-Eagles in Week Six of 2015. It’s also a 27-percent decline from 49ers-Rams in 2014.

Sunday Night Football on NBC struggled as well, with the 9.0 rating for Colts-Texans representing a 38.4-percent decline over Patriots-Colts from Week Six of the 2015 season. The 26-23 overtime win by the Texans, which was far less compelling than the outcome would suggest until late in the fourth quarter, was the lowest rated SNF game since Colts-Saints in 2011, a 62-7 New Orleans blowout over a Colts team that lacked Peyton Manning.

Despite widespread speculation regarding the potential reasons for the decline, quality and attractiveness of the games appear to be the primary factors. Cowboys-Packers on FOX, by far the most interesting game of the weekend, had a 13.6 rating — up more than 20 percent over last year’s Seahawks-Panthers Week Six late-afternoon FOX broadcast.

During Monday night’s game, ESPN’s Sean McDonough lamented the prevalence of yellow flags, suggesting it may be evidence of diminished fan interest.

“If we’re looking for reasons why TV ratings for the NFL are down all over the place, this doesn’t help,” McDonough said, via TheBigLead.com. “The way this game has been officiated is not something anybody wants to watch.”

Apart from the officiating, no one wanted to watch the one-win Jets sleepwalk their way to a 28-3 loss to Arizona, which entered the game at 2-3. In fairness to the league, Jets-Cardinals looked like a much better matchup in April than it became through five weeks.

That’s a byproduct of parity, where good teams can quickly become bad teams. And seemingly good games can quickly become bad games.

This weekend, another one-win team plays in primetime on Thursday night, when the Bears visit the Packers. Seahawks-Cardinals on Sunday night should generate plenty of interest, as should Texans-Broncos on Monday.

Regardless of the reasons, the league has every incentive to come up with real solutions. Which could/should include our seat-of-the-pants spitball regarding the selection of the Sunday night game on a week-by-week basis.

I read in SI that the last time ratings dropped from one year to the next was from 2011 to 2012. And like now, 2012 was an election year. I know at least two debates have gone up against typically popular NFL games. Could be a reason or a coincidence.

Oddly enough the year Manning was out for the entire season. I don't really see the election being an issue because nobody brought this up in 2008
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

I see people are backtracking on the Carson Wentz is the Manning/Rodgers QB combined.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

Jack Del Rio led Raiders are doing well. He has a Raider like personality. Great fit.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

I think the Raiders are good but Del Rio has never impressed me as a coach although for once he has a QB that matters so that might be why this time around seems different.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think the Raiders are good but Del Rio has never impressed me as a coach although for once he has a QB that matters so that might be why this time around seems different.

He doesn't have a great head coach resume. I'm thinking along the lines of his personality seems to be a Dog Pound fit.

Side note: I don't know all the details of the supposed move to Vegas. I don't think they'll have the same kind of support they have in Oakland elsewhere. If Oakland can find a way to do a stadium upgrade to keep them there I'd like to see it happen.

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

Really thought Bortles might take the next step this year. Dude is trash though
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:

The Vikings finally getting a dose of reality. Philly chose the right QB.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

What the Rams are doing to themselves

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Eh I knew the Vikings would lose this game usually when a QB returns to play the team he used to play on his team loses.

Its too soon to tell. I mean many thought Luck was the better choice than Manning and while I get why the Colts made that decision Manning went on to win a SB and the Colts well look at them now.

I mean people are going to forget that Bradford played well the last four games up until this point apparently.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Jack Del Rio led Raiders are doing well. He has a Raider like personality. Great fit.

Interesting tidbit to me, Del Rio was selected by the Blue Jays in the MLB draft.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Interesting tidbit to me, Del Rio was selected by the Blue Jays in the MLB draft.

2014 MLB Draft: 15 football players who were drafted in baseball

LINK

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Alert:

Choke-Watch in Effect for the following County:

Fulton County

San Diego is on the Atlanta 15 with 36 seconds to play down by 3. Can the Bolts turn the script on the Falcons?

Yes they can. Taking down 2 Division Leaders in back to back weeks is an impressive turnaround.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I think if Ben were healthy the Steelers would've beaten them today.

The Chargers are a hard team to figure they lost to the Colts but beat Denver and Atlanta in back to back weeks.

Like us their fans aren't going to get rid of their coach at this rate either.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Chargers are the most polarizing team in the NFL. Actually, you could probably say this about them the past 3-4 seasons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

3 OT games today.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 41 of 105
Jump to: