Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Anyone notice how many awful teams there are this year? Couple of division leaders with only 6 wins.

Yes, I agree with you, and it's not just teams with 6 wins. I don't even think the 7-win Lions or the 8-win Giants are that good. I'm not seeing a lot of good football, really. Seattle should make a deep playoff run, but their offensive line is an absolute abomination. Atlanta has no defense, especially now with Trufant out for the season. The Redskins feel like a better team than the Giants to me, even though they are 1.5 games behind them right now. The Ravens offense is a mess, though their D keeps them afloat. Alex Smith makes me want to gouge my eyes out, and the Chiefs are allowing yards galore on defense, and yet they are 8-3. Denver still has a great D but their offensive line is a turnstile, and Siemian is still their QB (the Chiefs give up yardage to WR's by the boatload, so I'm considering his game last Sunday as a fluke). Osweiler is absolutely torpedoing the Houston offense. Miami has wisely gone to a ball-control offense (Gase is doing a solid job there), but their D is still pretty bad, other than being able to get a pass rush.

Gosh, even if you look at the Cowboys, Patriots, and Raiders, they all have pretty noticeable holes. Dallas is playing keep-away football, but you can move the ball on them, and they have no pass rush to speak of. If they face a team in the playoffs with a really strong QB, they could be at risk of losing a shootout, and perhaps they won't be able to exploit Seattle's terrible offensive line if that ends up as a playoff matchup. The Patriots have really seen a loss of talent on the defensive side of the ball, and I wonder if that might bite them. And the Raiders, though they can get after the passer with Mack, are pretty deficient on D. I still think the Cowboys and Raiders are legit contenders because their offensive lines are so great.

I'm not a big NFL fan, but I do still watch. This season has been the least interesting since I began watching the league. In addition to everything you said, I'd say 75% of the starting quarterbacks every week shouldn't be starting quarterbacks. The games just aren't interesting and there just aren't that many interesting personalities. Without controversies that dominated the league in the previous few years, you quickly realize (at least in my case) that it's not worth spending 6 hours watching games every Sunday (and that's not including Monday and Thursday). I'll still watch the playoffs, but I probably haven't seen more than three complete NFL games all season. Seattle, which is kind of my team since I'm from the area, bore me to death and I end up taking naps through many of their games.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Gronk is a great player, but he gets hurt all the damn time. Maybe my Raiders can get to the superbowl...maybe not.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Gronk is a great player, but he gets hurt all the damn time. Maybe my Raiders can get to the superbowl...maybe not.

The Raiders have a legitimate shot. Their offensive line is awesome and despite having Cooper and Crabtree, Carr really spreads the wealth and takes what the defense gives. That type of pass game approach is what typically wins titles, IMO. (As opposed to forcing the ball to one main target.) The Pats still have Brady and Belichick and will still move the ball pretty well without Gronk, but there's no sugar-coating it: it's a massive loss.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Beautiful pass Dak to Dez. Would have been six if Dez could have kept his footing, not stumbled.

Elliot got the six anyhoo.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Dallas has been playing lousy ball penalties and mistakes killing them but they're winning by 5

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

That Dallas line is ungodly. Ryan Leaf would be a Pro Bowl passer with that amount of cushion and talent.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
That Dallas line is ungodly. Ryan Leaf would be a Pro Bowl passer with that amount of cushion and talent.

Completely agree. Smith in particular throws huge defensive lineman around like rag dolls.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Ryan Leaf oddly enough was the QB for the Cowboys very briefly of course...

That being said the Cowboys have an offense that matters but their defense is their Achilles heel.

I don't see them going to the SB the Giants are a very quiet 8-3 and as usual people keep underestimating them.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Ryan Leaf oddly enough was the QB for the Cowboys very briefly of course...

That being said the Cowboys have an offense that matters but their defense is their Achilles heel.

I don't see them going to the SB the Giants are a very quiet 8-3 and as usual people keep underestimating them.

The Giants are primed to struggle down the stretch IMO. Their schedule has been exceedingly weak for the past few weeks, and they had a lot of home games in there plus a road game at Cleveland, a game where they didn't look good before winning.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Completely agree. Smith in particular throws huge defensive lineman around like rag dolls.

2011 produced a very deep year of quality and star players. (Newton, Von Miller, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Tyron Smith, JJ Watt, Justin Houston, Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, etc)

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/03/patriots-put-rob-gronkowski-on-ir-ending-his-season/

Quote:
Patriots put Rob Gronkowski on IR, ending his season

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is done for 2016.

Gronkowski has been placed on injured reserve after back surgery, the team announced.

Although the NFL does give each team one “return” designation to bring a player back from injured reserve, the Patriots have already used that designation on backup quarterback Jacoby Brissett. So Gronk can’t play again until 2017.

It’s a huge disappointment for Gronkowski, who is among the best tight ends ever to play the position when healthy — but who struggles to stay healthy for any significant period of time. This is his third back surgery, which raises questions about his future.

But for now, thoughts are on his present. Gronkowski will get to work rehabbing his back and attempt to be ready in time for the start of offseason work. And the Patriots will attempt to adjust their offense to losing its best playmaker.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Falcons probably shouldn't have gone for 2.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Guess Raiders are good but they are pretenders.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Raiders make the comeback against the Bills and are looking to go up more.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Raiders are back. I wish they would have come to LA instead of the Chargers.

Ravens propose a bonus point for kickoffs through the uprights

LINK

Discuss.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Did Roger Goodell call Tom Brady to congratulate him on being the winningest quarterback in NFL history yet? #NotHoldingMyBreath
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject:

New England's offense looked much weaker today without Gronk. They held the ball for 38 minutes against a hapless Rams team, yet only scored 26 points, and Brady got less than 6 YPA. I think it's going to be an issue for them down the stretch. This isn't to say that they can't still win games, but they won't look like a well-oiled machine IMO.

I said that the Giants were overrated and I still think that will be proven to be true, but the Lions really showed me something this week in shutting down the Saints in New Orleans. Perhaps the Saints invested so much emotionally during Week 12 (the Gregg Williams "revenge" game) that they came out flat in Week 13. And maybe the Giants will catch Dallas at the right time...does anyone buy the theory that they might be due for a loss after winning 11 straight? Wouldn't totally shock me.

Last thought...I know Ladarius Green has flashed before, but what if he's legit? If he is, it's making me wonder how incredible the Pittsburgh offense might be next year if Martavis Bryant plays.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
New England's offense looked much weaker today without Gronk. They held the ball for 38 minutes against a hapless Rams team, yet only scored 26 points, and Brady got less than 6 YPA. I think it's going to be an issue for them down the stretch. This isn't to say that they can't still win games, but they won't look like a well-oiled machine IMO.

I said that the Giants were overrated and I still think that will be proven to be true, but the Lions really showed me something this week in shutting down the Saints in New Orleans. Perhaps the Saints invested so much emotionally during Week 12 (the Gregg Williams "revenge" game) that they came out flat in Week 13. And maybe the Giants will catch Dallas at the right time...does anyone buy the theory that they might be due for a loss after winning 11 straight? Wouldn't totally shock me.

Last thought...I know Ladarius Green has flashed before, but what if he's legit? If he is, it's making me wonder how incredible the Pittsburgh offense might be next year if Martavis Bryant plays.

They need Bennett to get healthy, but I think this season they are equipped to deal with the lose of Gronk. It might be the best offense they've fielded since 07 or 11, even without Gronkowski.

The Seahawks,Patriots,Dallas,Denver teams will be fun to follow casually down the stretch, and into the playoffs. At least 3 of them are safe for playoffs.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Did Roger Goodell call Tom Brady to congratulate him on being the winningest quarterback in NFL history yet? #NotHoldingMyBreath

Is he supposed to?

Nice gesture I guess but considering the bad blood between them(supposedly) and he didn't do it for the last two guys why would he start now?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Colts are playing their best game of the season

The Jets are complete garbage though
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

The Jets defense is tanking it.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah basically what sucks is that it just means Pagano/Grigson stay even longer.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Jests overachieved last year. Of course, it didn't help that they have nothing at LT, lost key pieces at WR and NT to injury and FA, and Revis Island is quickly sinking. It's not looking good for them. All their QB's suck with Fitzpatrick only one you can label sub-par, Brandon Marshal is aging, their once bountiful CB crew is diminished, the OL is in a funk without Ferguson, and their DL is crumbling.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject:

Welp the Chargers chances at the playoffs dropped from slim to none on Sunday. Probably the last meaningful game they'll ever play in San Diego.

Still frustrating how many winnable games this team has lost so far. All of their 7 losses have been decided by one score or less, and you could make the case that they had very real chances of winning 6 of them (perhaps even should have won all 6), the exception being the game in Denver. To outline:

Week 1: Up 24-3 late in the 3rd quarter in KC

Week 3: Up 2 with less than 2 minutes left, have the Colts 4th and 7 at their own 20. Give up TD. Begin potential game winning drive w/ 1+ minute left, fumble

Week 4: Up 2 TD's on NO with 6 minutes left and the ball. Fumble on first play of the drive, give up TD, fumble on first play of next drive, another TD. Lose game.

Week 5: Holder fumbles the snap on game-tying FG with 20 seconds left.

Week 10: Game tied, 40 seconds left, 10 yards away from FG range for game-winner. Rivers throws a pick 6, game over.

Week 11: Down 3, have ball with 3 minutes left and in FG range to tie it. Rivers throws a pick on second down trying to get the TD.

Craziness this year.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject:

BTW, If the Chargers don't blow those non-conference games (and still lose to KC and OAK), you're looking at the AFC West having standings that look like:

1. OAK 10-2
2. KC 9-3
3. SD 9-3
4. DEN 8-4

Ridiculous.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 52 of 105
Jump to: