Official 2016 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
The Celtics, Hawks and any other "Eastern Contender" will lose in 5 games, or if they get lucky, 6 games vs the Cavs.

Easy one to call there. The real competition is out West between GSW and SA

Can't count the Spurs out. Fans do every year and every year, there they are.

They're only 4 off the lead. I don't think they can beat GS in a 7 game series.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

i mentioned the spurs in my original post
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
i mentioned the spurs in my original post

I know. I wasn't including you in Fans do every year and every year, there they are. The Spurs fly under the radar just about every year.

I don't know if many take into consideration Duncan has one less ring than Kobe. Kobe's in the GOAT conversation all the time. I seldom see Tim in them.

Pop's beginning to get his just dues. Phil has the ring count. I put Pop on the same level. In fact because he spent his time with one franchise and accomplished what he did, I give him the nod over Phil.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Isaiah Thomas says Tom Brady texted him after the Super Bowl and said, "It's your turn next."

How do you Laker/Patriots fans feel about this quote of Brady giving support to the team you despise? Not that I think the Celtics have a chance this year and it would be a very slight chance.

You have to remember the dynasty New England Patriots are as Boston as any of the other teams including the Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins even Revolution.

Rooting for both the Lakers and Patriots it just sounds so wrong. The same goes for the Yankees/Patriots fans I've come across in other forums. It doesn't make any sense.

It's funny that Brady is like our Kobe Bryant. Kobe is a HOF player, a legend who will be always be compared to the greatest player in the history of the NBA in Michael Jordan. Brady has similar comparisons to his childhood idol Joe Montana though I think he has surpassed Montana with this latest Superbowl win.

I think you need to get out more.

I get out plenty enough. I know how you became a Patriots fan but you never responded to Brady's support of a team you hate nor my comparison to of Brady to Kobe Bryant. Does his text to Isaiah bother you?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Isaiah Thomas says Tom Brady texted him after the Super Bowl and said, "It's your turn next."

How do you Laker/Patriots fans feel about this quote of Brady giving support to the team you despise? Not that I think the Celtics have a chance this year and it would be a very slight chance.

You have to remember the dynasty New England Patriots are as Boston as any of the other teams including the Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins even Revolution.

Rooting for both the Lakers and Patriots it just sounds so wrong. The same goes for the Yankees/Patriots fans I've come across in other forums. It doesn't make any sense.

It's funny that Brady is like our Kobe Bryant. Kobe is a HOF player, a legend who will be always be compared to the greatest player in the history of the NBA in Michael Jordan. Brady has similar comparisons to his childhood idol Joe Montana though I think he has surpassed Montana with this latest Superbowl win.

I think you need to get out more.

I get out plenty enough. I know how you became a Patriots fan but you never responded to Brady's support of a team you hate nor my comparison to of Brady to Kobe Bryant. Does his text to Isaiah bother you?

I didn't respond because the quote doesn't affect my like or dislike of anything Boston-related. The personnel on the local teams support one another, which is done in other cities outside of Boston.

You post just reminds me of why New Yorkers make fun of Bostonians, in that Boston is very provincial. Kobe was raised in Italy and later, in Pennsylvania. Brady was raised in California, and later Michigan. Lakers fans don't see this as any validation of Los Angeles, but it is weird how the local yokels out here think of Brady is a validation of Boston. You know what's even funnier? All the local yokels who used to call into Boston sports radio stations a few years ago, claiming the Brady had become "too Californian" as he bought a residence there, and used that as a reason to attack his ability and desire to win more championships.

Brady isn't a validation of anything Boston, and his support of another local sports team is a common practice among other athletes, and thus more widespread than you realized. And yes, your opinion is indicative of someone who is being provincial and needs to get out a bit more.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm a Raider fan who wanted the Patriots to win after Carr went down for selfish reasons.

I like good sports. Like watching good teams play.

I don't like or dislike a team because of it's players political affiliations or it's geographical location.

If I allowed locations to reason my like or dislike. How many teams would be on the dislike list? e.g. Hawks, Georgia.

I don't dislike the Celtics because they're in Massachusetts. I dislike them because they use to keep the Larry O'Brien from coming to Los Angeles.

I didn't consider who Brady supported. If I had I would have wanted the Pats to lose. My reasons for that, as I stated, are selfish.

I don't like any of the NFL teams in Los Angeles. I'm a Raider fan. Have been since they came and left. It looks like the Vegas deal is going to fold. I was pulling hard for them to come back to LA. C'est la vie

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Having the best career isn't the same as being the best. Brady has easily had the best pro career in history, but I don't think many would say he's a better overall QB than Marino, Elway or even Aaron Rogers.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Having the best career isn't the same as being the best. Brady has easily had the best pro career in history, but I don't think many would say he's a better overall QB than Marino, Elway or even Aaron Rogers.

There will never be consensus on who was the best NFL QB, just as you cannot get a consensus opinion on who is currently the best NFL QB. However I'd be shocked if Brady didn't garner a majority of votes in a greatest of all time list. Marino was a great QB, but I doubt he'd be one of the leaders, that choice is a bit perplexing. In fact, I'd expect you to mention Joe Montana rather than Marino.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105
Page 105 of 105
Jump to: