Official 2016 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Not sure about Austin Johnson, but the second guy the Titans got with our picks is Derrick Henry. Yikes.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Bucs use a 2nd on a Kicker. ROFL.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

AND TRADED UP TO DO IT!

Sweet baby Jesus.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:

AND TRADED UP TO DO IT!

Sweet baby Jesus.

Even the clueless Glazers have to be shaking their heads in disgust.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, with Booker and Perkins still on the board, my Phins go with an Alabama backup RB. ROFL.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Wow! Jaylon Smith goes 34th to Dallas.

Typical Cowbaoy head scratcher. If you are going to gamble on Jaylon Smith why not take Myles Jack ... at least he will play right away!

Smith has nerve damage, who knows how his knee will heal.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Adding insult to injury, despite need at OG, DE, and LB, we pass on Vadal Alexander, Scooby Wright, Nick Vigil, etc, for a 6'0 WR that we don't need. Ugh.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Typical Cowbaoy head scratcher. If you are going to gamble on Jaylon Smith why not take Myles Jack ... at least he will play right away!

Earlier than I thought as well, I had him down as a late 2nd (aggressive) to late 3rd (realistic) pick. Picking him early second seems crazy, given the possibility of permanent nerve damage.

I also thought Braxton Miller was a late second to mid third. He went towards the end of where I thought he'd land. He might make a decent Y receiver despite the OJT lag.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Funny how I was earlier extolling the virtues of Jacoby Brissett....
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Funny how I was earlier extolling the virtues of Jacoby Brissett....

Nice call. I'm surprised Cody Kessler was taken #93 ... typical Browns with guys like Connor Cook and Kevin Hogan available.
#Avatar-gate
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:

AND TRADED UP TO DO IT!

Sweet baby Jesus.

Even the clueless Glazers have to be shaking their heads in disgust.

The old ball coach in Tampa btw isn't sold by analytics crude either. There is a youtube video floating around about him talking about it.

He likes the old eye test. So I'm to surprised that front office would grab a kicker in round 2.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Titans must really like Derrick Henry a lot. He probably won't even get a ton of carries in his first two seasons. Maybe next season if Murray proves he has little left this season. But his money should ensure he has a role with them for at least 2 seasons (Murray, that is). I guess with 4 picks so far, the Titans figured they could take a guy they really liked, even if he won't start for them right away.

A lot of teams operate with 2 backs nowadays, these 2 could form a nice tandem in Tennessee.

I think also if you look at the knock on Murray in his career, his durability can be questioned a bit. This gives them insurance if Murray does get hurt.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject:

Think the big winners were Jacksonville. To be deciding between Ramsey & Jack at the #5 spot, then to end up with both is incredible.

Love the Cowboys selection of Jaylon Smith too, my absolute favorite player in this draft. Their team doctor was the one who did Jaylon's surgery, so perhaps he has insider type information on his recovery. If he turns back to what he was before injury, best player in this draft IMO.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Think the big winners were Jacksonville. To be deciding between Ramsey & Jack at the #5 spot, then to end up with both is incredible.

Love the Cowboys selection of Jaylon Smith too, my absolute favorite player in this draft. Their team doctor was the one who did Jaylon's surgery, so perhaps he has insider type information on his recovery. If he turns back to what he was before injury, best player in this draft IMO.

The Jaylon Smith pick is so interesting though, for a team that is theoretically in win-now mode. There were so many difference-making players available early in the second round, and we know for certain that Smith can't play in 2016, despite whatever rose-colored glasses Jerruh is wearing. They have massive needs on defense, and I can tell you for sure that neither of their first 2 picks are helping them on defense in 2016, unless your argument is that Elliott is going to be so good that it helps to keep their defense off the field. Given Romo's window, though, if you were going to make a risky pick at the top of round 2, why not take Jack, the guy that is also a great player and one that should definitely play this season? Dallas has been killing the draft recently but I didn't like their first 2 picks this year.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Because Jack will probably only have about 5 years in the NFL. Smith should have an entire career once he heals.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

Its disconcerting to see all these ND players being drafted by division rivals...
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Because Jack will probably only have about 5 years in the NFL. Smith should have an entire career once he heals.

Average NFL career is 3.5 years
#Avatar-gate
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

I think they have a top 5 pick, Fowler, also. He tore his ACL in the offseason last year I think. Lots of high picks on that defense right now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Or he goes the way of Marcus Lattimore and has no career at all. Nerve damage is very, very tricky. I hope for his sake that the nerve regenerates and he can pick up where he left off in 2017.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Moses wrote:

I think they have a top 5 pick, Fowler, also. He tore his ACL in the offseason last year I think. Lots of high picks on that defense right now.

I love Dante Fowler's game, I think he's as good as any player in this draft. Really hoping he comes back stronger than ever for them.

My Bolts drafted JJ Watts 's younger bro who is a fullback who was Melvin Gordon's blocker at Wisconsin, hopefully it works out well.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20160506/b763026/?cid=featuredent_media_brady

Quote:
Tom Brady Has a New Cookbook Made of Wood and It's $200

Hooray for yet another celebrity cookbook. Who knew literally ever star ever was secretly an experienced chef? Chrissy Teigen told us all about her calorie-filled Cravings while Gwyneth Paltrow encouraged us to cook with ingredients you can only find foraging in the Amazon (basically). Let's not forget the time Kristin Cavallari taught us how to make miso salmon while Balancing in Heels and Teresa Giudice showed us how to be a Skinny Italian. Fun Fact: Did you know Coolio has a cookbook? It's called Cooking With Coolio and it is just fantastic.

Now it's footballer Tom Brady 's time to show off his culinary prowess. Gisele Bundchen 's hubby recently rolled out his very own cookbook called the TB12 Nutrition Manual. First things first, it's made of wood and we're not joking. Not even Gwyneth's It's All Easy thought of that. Although we're guessing after hearing this news, her next cover will be made from vegan diamonds harvested from a compost pile somewhere in the Hamptons.

What is TB12? Aside from it being his initials combined with his jersey, we're not really sure. All in all, the cookbook looks like a grueling lifestyle change if you happen to be the Taco Bell type. Did we mention it's $200? GWYNETH ARE YOU LISTENING? Your next cookbook has a lot of competition. Described as a "living document," customers will be periodically sent new and updated recipes that they may screw into the cookbook (it has screws too). If you're sold on trying it out, you're going to have to pre-order. It's currently sold out on his website, but you can get a copy in June if you order by tomorrow.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20160506/b763026/?cid=featuredent_media_brady

Quote:
Tom Brady Has a New Cookbook Made of Wood and It's $200

Hooray for yet another celebrity cookbook. Who knew literally ever star ever was secretly an experienced chef? Chrissy Teigen told us all about her calorie-filled Cravings while Gwyneth Paltrow encouraged us to cook with ingredients you can only find foraging in the Amazon (basically). Let's not forget the time Kristin Cavallari taught us how to make miso salmon while Balancing in Heels and Teresa Giudice showed us how to be a Skinny Italian. Fun Fact: Did you know Coolio has a cookbook? It's called Cooking With Coolio and it is just fantastic.

Now it's footballer Tom Brady 's time to show off his culinary prowess. Gisele Bundchen 's hubby recently rolled out his very own cookbook called the TB12 Nutrition Manual. First things first, it's made of wood and we're not joking. Not even Gwyneth's It's All Easy thought of that. Although we're guessing after hearing this news, her next cover will be made from vegan diamonds harvested from a compost pile somewhere in the Hamptons.

What is TB12? Aside from it being his initials combined with his jersey, we're not really sure. All in all, the cookbook looks like a grueling lifestyle change if you happen to be the Taco Bell type. Did we mention it's $200? GWYNETH ARE YOU LISTENING? Your next cookbook has a lot of competition. Described as a "living document," customers will be periodically sent new and updated recipes that they may screw into the cookbook (it has screws too). If you're sold on trying it out, you're going to have to pre-order. It's currently sold out on his website, but you can get a copy in June if you order by tomorrow.

Step 1: Use needle to remove air from the meatball.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Not real fond of him helping teams I don't care for...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/05/post-practice-sunday-update-on-whitesides-injury-heats-adjustments-and-more.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Peyton Manning visits Dolphins

Four years after unsuccessfully trying to sign him, the Dolphins finally got Peyton Manning in their building this offseason. And it was entirely his idea.

It speaks volumes about new Dolphins coach Adam Gase that Manning chose to quietly visit Dolphins headquarters earlier this spring to meet with Gase (his former offensive coordinator in Denver) and share some knowledge with Ryan Tannehill.

“It was really cool,” Tannehill told me. “A guy that had his career, the living legend he is, coming off a Super Bowl winning season --- it was really cool just to be able to sit and pick his brain about things he's done in this offense and football things in general: snap counts, things you like, the way you want guys to run routes, little details about the game. We really just got to talk the game, which is something we both love.”

Manning, who is now retired, told Tannehill some of the nuances of Gase’s offense.

“At that time, we weren't able to meet with the coaches or anything, so I didn’t really have a great handle yet,” Tannehill said. “So I wasn't really able to dive into the playbook too much. So I had a few questions [for Manning]. If he comes back now, we can have a completely different conversation.”

What was clear, Tannehill, said is that Manning “respects Adam. The things they did, getting to a Super Bowl together, there is a mutual respect there. He is something I aspire to be, as good or better as he is one day. Hopefully, we'll be able to get him to come around some more.”
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Not real fond of him helping teams I don't care for...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/05/post-practice-sunday-update-on-whitesides-injury-heats-adjustments-and-more.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Peyton Manning visits Dolphins

Four years after unsuccessfully trying to sign him, the Dolphins finally got Peyton Manning in their building this offseason. And it was entirely his idea.

It speaks volumes about new Dolphins coach Adam Gase that Manning chose to quietly visit Dolphins headquarters earlier this spring to meet with Gase (his former offensive coordinator in Denver) and share some knowledge with Ryan Tannehill.

“It was really cool,” Tannehill told me. “A guy that had his career, the living legend he is, coming off a Super Bowl winning season --- it was really cool just to be able to sit and pick his brain about things he's done in this offense and football things in general: snap counts, things you like, the way you want guys to run routes, little details about the game. We really just got to talk the game, which is something we both love.”

Manning, who is now retired, told Tannehill some of the nuances of Gase’s offense.

“At that time, we weren't able to meet with the coaches or anything, so I didn’t really have a great handle yet,” Tannehill said. “So I wasn't really able to dive into the playbook too much. So I had a few questions [for Manning]. If he comes back now, we can have a completely different conversation.”

What was clear, Tannehill, said is that Manning “respects Adam. The things they did, getting to a Super Bowl together, there is a mutual respect there. He is something I aspire to be, as good or better as he is one day. Hopefully, we'll be able to get him to come around some more.”

Manning for Dolphins QB coach? I approve!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I can't picture Manning as a coach he would be way too demanding
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 12 of 105
Jump to: