Official 2016 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

T.O. is asking the Rams to give him a chance at a comeback.

Anybody think my boy T.O. can still get it done?
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject:

As long as the Pats make the superbowl, life will be swell .
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
As long as the Pats miss the playoffs, life will be swell .

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/NFC-AFC-set-to-clash-on-Celebrity-Family-Feud-this-summer-45669170

Quote:
NFC, AFC set to clash on Celebrity Family Feud this summer

Celebrity Family Feud is returning to ABC for a second season later this month, and 20 NFL players are set to square off on the popular game show.

One game will feature AFC Offense versus NFC Defense, while the other game will feature AFC Defense versus NFC Offense.

Here are the lineups for each team and the charities for which they'll be competing, per Xfinity.com:

AFC Offense — playing for Active Minds

Brandon Marshall, wide receiver, New York Jets
Steve Smith Sr., wide receiver, Baltimore Ravens
Amari Cooper, wide receiver, Oakland Raiders
Jeremy Hill, running back, Cincinnati Bengals
Marcus Cannon, offensive tackle, New England Patriots
NFC Defense — playing for Got Your 6 (Be The Change, Inc.)

Thomas Davis, linebacker, Carolina Panthers
Terrance Knighton, defensive tackle, New England Patriots
Tyrann Mathieu, safety, Arizona Cardinals
Malcolm Jenkins, safety, Philadelphia Eagles
Cliff Avril, defensive end, Seattle Seahawks
AFC Defense — playing for Still Strong Foundation (aka Michael's Way)

A.J. Hawk, linebacker, Cincinnati Bengals
Tamba Hali, defensive end, Kansas City Chiefs
Malcolm Smith, linebacker, Oakland Raiders
Von Miller, linebacker, Denver Broncos
Melvin Ingram, linebacker, San Diego Chargers
NFC Offense — playing for Professional Athletes Foundation

Joe Staley, offensive tackle, San Francisco 49ers
Teddy Bridgewater, quarterback, Minnesota Vikings
David Johnson, running back, Arizona Cardinals
Marvin Jones, wide receiver, Detroit Lions
Pierre Garcon, wide receiver, Washington Redskins
The second season of Celebrity Family Feud returns on June 26 and will run a 10-episode series as part of ABC's Sunday Fun & Games Night. The show is hosted by comedian and Emmy Award-winning game show host Steve Harvey.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/06/22/ravens-qb-joe-flacco-alive-and-well-after-twitter-hoax/

Quote:

Ravens QB Joe Flacco ‘Alive And Well’ After Twitter Hoax

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Ravens fans got a shocking — and fake — scare on Twitter Wednesday night.

The “Ravens Nation” Twitter fan page tweeted out that quarterback Joe Flacco had died. The tweet has since been deleted, and the accountissued the following apology:

Follow
Ravens Nation @RavenNationLIVE
ATTENTION: We are confirming that Joe Flacco has not passed away.

We were hacked and now have our account back. Thanks for your patience.
10:17 PM - 22 Jun 2016
658 658 Retweets 431 431 likes
The Ravens Twitter account also tweeted about the incident:
Follow
Baltimore Ravens ✔ @Ravens
Rest easy. Joe is alive and well. #DontBelieveEverythingYouReadOnTwitter
10:44 PM - 22 Jun 2016
551 551 Retweets 455 455 likes
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tarvaris-jackson-pulls-gun-on-wife-who-taunts-him-about-nfl-career-231052079.html

Quote:
Hush reported the news in a series of tweets, citing the police report that he also tweeted. Hush said an intoxicated Jackson allegedly loaded a gun, pointed it at his wife and said "I'll kill you."

According to Hush's tweets, Jackson's wife said, "You better be accurate (because) you ain't accurate on the field."

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

According to Hush's tweets, Jackson's wife said, "You better be accurate (because) you ain't accurate on the field."

Cold as ice

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/24/saints-west-virginia-training-camp-facility-closes-due-to-heavy-flooding/

Quote:
Saints’ West Virginia training camp facility closes due to heavy flooding

The Saints possibly will be staying in Louisiana for training camp this year, after all.

The Greenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, has closed indefinitely after heavy flooding on Thursday.

With the Saints not arriving until July 27, it’s likely that the situation will be resolved by then. However, major efforts could be required to get things back to normal in roughly four weeks.

The more immediate concern is accounting for any and all missing persons in the areas affected by the West Virginia flooding, where 20 already are confirmed dead. Eventually, a decision will have to be made regarding the upcoming PGA event at The Greenbrier; based on the stunning before/after photo of the golf course, it could be very difficult to have things up and running in less than two weeks.

Donations for those affected by the West Virginia flooding can be made through the Red Cross, by visiting redcross.org or calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. An immediate $10 donation came be made by texting REDCROSS to 90999.

We routinely share donation information following natural disasters and encourage contributions, but this one hits very close to home for me. If you’re a regular here, please consider taking a minute and text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation for people who definitely could use the assistance right now.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/peyton-manning-reveals-the-six-nfl-teams-hes-rooting-for-this-year

Quote:
At the Manning passing academy, Peyton said he'd be rooting for Broncos, Colts, Giants, Texans, Dolphins and Lions this season. Just an FYI.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

The one thing that surprised me is that he didn't mention the Bears(John Fox) which makes me wonder about a few things.

However he's nothing if not PC I mean who will he want more during some of the games where they play each other(Lions/Colts, Broncos/Colts etc)
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
The one thing that surprised me is that he didn't mention the Bears(John Fox) which makes me wonder about a few things.

However he's nothing if not PC I mean who will he want more during some of the games where they play each other(Lions/Colts, Broncos/Colts etc)

I'm more shocked he's following the Lions. Jim Caldwell's bumbling cost him a SB.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tebow-comes-to-aid-of-airline-passenger-during-flight/ar-AAhGP32?li=BBnba9I

Quote:
Tebow comes to aid of airline passenger during flight

You already knew Tim Tebow was a good guy, but here’s even more evidence to prove it.

Tebow was on a cross-country flight from Atlanta to Phoenix over the weekend when a passenger began experiencing a medical emergency. According to another passenger, who posted the whole story on Facebook, the man lost consciousness. Passengers and flight attendants rushed to his aid. One of them was Tebow.

“Then all of a sudden, I observed a guy walking down the aisle. That guy was Tim Tebow,” the passenger wrote. “He met with the family as they cried on his shoulder! I watched Tim pray with the entire section of the plane for this man.”

According to the post, the man’s pulse returned after the plane landed in Phoenix.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I'm more shocked he's following the Lions. Jim Caldwell's bumbling cost him a SB.

I'm not he always seems to credit Jim for his jump into the elite status of NFL QB's (not sure how legit that really is but I digress) plus him being out for 2011 pretty much cost Jim his job.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Former NFL player Zurlon Tipton died on Tuesday, June 28, after accidentally shooting himself at a Michigan car dealership, according to The Detroit News.

Police say Tipton, 26, pulled into the service bay at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership in Roseville, Michigan, at around 9:30 a.m. He was reaching for a duffel bag, which had two guns inside, when one of the guns accidentally went off and shot Tipton in the stomach.

Local news WJBK reports that Tipton was speaking with people at the scene after the accident and was expected to survive, but he succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner confirmed the victim’s identity and has an autopsy scheduled for Wednesday, June 29.

“A gentleman … brought a vehicle into our service department between 9 and 9:30 this morning,” Mark DeMara, general manager of the dealership, told The Detroit News. “He had a transmission leak in his vehicle. At some point he reached into a duffel bag that was on the passenger seat of his vehicle and the pistol that was in there deployed and shot the gentleman in the abdomen.”

Tipton is from Sterling Heights and played football for Central Michigan University. The running back was undrafted but was later signed by the Indianapolis Colts in 2014. He played 16 games for the team over the last two years, but he was waived at the end of the last NFL season.

In December, Tipton was arrested near Indianapolis for allegedly firing an assault rifle. According to the Indy Star, he was charged with criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...ooting-w211566
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Cold as ice

Sounds like my ex is dating again!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Colts make Andrew Luck NFL's highest-paid player with six-year, $140M deal

Quote:
Andrew Luck has signed a six-year contract extension with the Indianapolis Colts that will keep him with the team through 2021, the team announced Wednesday. Colts owner Jim Irsay was the first to report the news and later scooped everyone by announcing it was a deal worth $140 million over six years.

Source: Link
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I know its the market for QBs but I don't want to hear the Colts complain about not being able to field a team when the $$$ was tied up to one player.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I know its the market for QBs but I don't want to hear the Colts complain about not being able to field a team when the $$$ was tied up to one player.

Colts should be okay because the salary cap is going up and Luck is only getting ~1M more per year than Aaron Rodgers. The biggest leap in this contract is the guaranteed money, which is risky given Luck's recent year, but he's been pretty durable outside of last season.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I just don't want to hear the Colts talk about how they can't afford to build a team because of $$$ being tied to one player yet again..
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Seahawks' Brandon Browner being investigated for alleged assault

[quote]
Police in Pomona, California, are investigating an alleged assault by Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner on the father of his girlfriend Tuesday night.[/quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16828727/police-investigating-seattle-seahawks-brandon-browner-alleged-assault

Stupid. Pay the old man off and hope the DA drops the case. Browner is on his last legs. If this case heats up, Browner's career is over.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/06/louis-murphy-was-locked-in-museum-after-passing-out-at-deonte-thompsons-wedding/

Quote:
Louis Murphy was locked in museum after passing out at Deonte Thompson’s wedding

Bears wide receiver Deonte Thompson got married in Palm Beach, Florida over the weekend with his University of Florida teammate and current Buccaneers wideout Louis Murphy serving as part of a dapper wedding party.

Murphy’s night ended in unexpected fashion, however. Murphy woke up inside a locked Flagler Museum on Saturday morning and broke a pane of glass to unlock a door that allowed him to get a phone to call police. Murphy told the responding officers that he had been drinking during the festivities and was left behind by the rest of the wedding guests after he fell asleep on stairs in a courtyard.

“This was really just a series of small unfortunate circumstances,” Murphy said in a statement, via the Tampa Bay Times. “With no one around, my only option was to break a small glass pane of the door in order to access a phone and call for help. I dialed the police and explained that I needed assistance. It’s unfortunate that I needed to break the glass, but the police officers on the scene and museum staff acknowledged that I didn’t have many other options. I’m working with the museum to ensure everything is properly handled.”

The museum manager estimated that the broken glass would cost about $1,000 to repair and, like his fellow dozing NFL peer from Florida Denard Robinson, Murphy is not charged with any crime.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
As long as the Pats miss the playoffs, life will be swell .

boo you suck
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/irving-fryar-released-after-8-months-of-5-year-prison-sentence/

Quote:
Irving Fryar released after 8 months of 5-year prison sentence

Former NFL wide receiver Irving Fryar is out of prison after serving just eight months of a five-year sentence for mortgage fraud.

Fryar was released this month and placed in New Jersey’s Intensive Supervision Program for nonviolent offenders, Philly.com reports.

At the time he was convicted of conspiring with his mother to defraud various lending institutions, Fryar was pastor at the New Jerusalem Church of God. He will return to that position now that he’s been released.

Fryar and his mom fraudulently used the same property to take out mortgages from multiple lenders. His mom got three years of probation.

The 53-year-old Fryar was an All-American at Nebraska, the first overall pick in the 1984 NFL draft and a five-time Pro Bowler for the Patriots, Dolphins and Eagles, although his off-field issues sometimes overshadowed his on-field excellence. He missed the AFC Championship Game in his second NFL season because he had injured his hand in a fight with his wife and was arrested on weapons charges a couple years after that. He retired after the 2000 season with 851 catches for 12,785 yards and 84 touchdowns.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

Luck is a top 10 QB but he's not worth that contract. He throws a lot of yards and touchdowns but he's also turnover prone.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS – In a 2016 season already filled with honors and recognition, add Nov. 20 to the list of important dates.

On that Sunday afternoon at Lucas Oil Stadium, the Colts will be honoring their victorious Super Bowl XLI team during a 1:00 p.m. EST game against the Tennessee Titans.

The reunion will include the 2006 team being introduced at halftime.

This year marks the 10-year anniversary of the Colts’ first World Championship in Indianapolis.

Back in March, Peyton Manning spoke to a possible reunion coming in the fall.

"The 10-year anniversary is exciting," Manning said. "I hope we do something because everybody is so spread out now.

"That 2006 team was a special team. I look forward to (a reunion). If it’s the 10, or the 15, or the 20, I will be at all of them. I can assure you.”

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Super-Bowl-XLI-Reunion-To-Take-Place-This-November/771a80f2-00a9-430d-b7ff-1f1c52b8d721
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 15 of 105
Jump to: