Free_Kobe wrote:
Top 5 Teams after the weekend:
1) Patriots
2) Vikings
3) Broncos
4) Philly
5) Steelers

Steelers?

Vikings with no Peterson? What no Dallas?

Vikings D is ridiculous!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
jodeke wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
1) Patriots
2) Vikings
3) Broncos
4) Philly
5) Steelers

Steelers?

Vikings D is ridiculous!

Yeah they've made 2 former MVP qb's look pedestrian.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Browns regrets for trading that pick. But really, Went would just be laying on his back all season if he played for the Browns. Fortunate just like Ben Rothlisberger. But the Rams really dropped the ball on Wentz.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I got a good bet for you this weekend.

I am playing Texans -6 (buy the hook).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Browns regrets for trading that pick. But really, Went would just be laying on his back all season if he played for the Browns. Fortunate just like Ben Rothlisberger. But the Rams really dropped the ball on Wentz.

Browns also don't have Pederson, the guy is an offensive genius.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Conker wrote:

Browns has Hue Jackson. Good offensive-minded coach that makes players want to play for him. Browns aren't a good team. They're just missing a defensive linemen and probably a QB away.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

JJ Watt to be placed on IR

Source: Link
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Conker wrote:

Browns has Hue Jackson. Good offensive-minded coach that makes players want to play for him. Browns aren't a good team. They're just missing a defensive linemen and probably a QB away.

and saying that... the Browns should be easily be 2-1.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
Conker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Conker wrote:

and saying that... the Browns should be easily be 2-1.

Also worth noting, they get Josh Gordon back after the next game. Well, probably for a few games until he does something else foolish.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
JJ Watt to be placed on IR

Source: Link

That's quite a blow, though Watt had a relatively quiet impact so far this season. Watt is obviously a workout warrior, and strikes me as someone who probably throws caution to the wind when it comes to form. I wonder if he herniated those discs while lifting weights or truck tires. He injured the same herniated discs during the Patriots game, and though I couldn't tell when it happened, he looked like a shell of himself out there.

I still have Houston penciled-in as the division winner. This setback has more of an impact on their team ceiling in future seasons.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Prescott's making it very difficult for the Cowboys to put him on the bench when Romo's ready to play.

Romo has played his last game with the Cowboys

No he hasn't. Romo will be back for the showdown with the Eagles.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
1) Patriots
2) Vikings
3) Broncos
4) Philly
5) Steelers

Steelers?

Stop.

I love the Cowboys, but we haven't beat a good team.

If they upset Cincinatti at home or the Packers on the road they'll be in the top five assuming they can take care of the 49ers this week.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon announced Thursday he will enter a rehabilitation facility, putting his return to the NFL on hold.

Gordon was set to complete a four-game suspension Monday, which came after multiple violations of the NFL's policy on substance abuse. He previously was issued an indefinite suspension that caused him to miss the entirety of last season, but NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell issued the conditional reinstatement on July 25.

Quote:
"After careful thought and deep consideration I've decided that I need to step away from pursuing my return to the Browns and enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility," Gordon said in a statement. "This is the right decision for me and one that I hope will enable me to gain full control of my life and continue on a path to reach my full potential as a person.

Josh Gordon Headed to ReHab
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/29/man-arrested-for-entering-broncos-facility-threatening-john-elway/

Quote:
Man arrested for entering Broncos facility, threatening John Elway

A great Sunday in Cincinnati for the Broncos was followed by a bizarre Monday morning.

Via KUSA in Denver, a man was arrested on Monday for entering the team’s facility, making strange accusations, and issuing a vague threat to a security officer and G.M. John Elway.

36-year-old Cordell Robinson entered through an unlocked door in the team’s media room at 7:10 a.m. local time, walked to the lobby, and began taking photographs of the trophies. Asked to leave, Robinson allegedly claimed that the Broncos owe him money, and that he owns 20 percent of the franchise.

Asked to leave again, Robinson said to the security officer that Robinson would “get him and Elway.”

Robinson faces charges of second-degree criminal trespass.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/29/man-arrested-for-entering-broncos-facility-threatening-john-elway/

Quote:
Man arrested for entering Broncos facility, threatening John Elway

A great Sunday in Cincinnati for the Broncos was followed by a bizarre Monday morning.

Via KUSA in Denver, a man was arrested on Monday for entering the team’s facility, making strange accusations, and issuing a vague threat to a security officer and G.M. John Elway.

36-year-old Cordell Robinson entered through an unlocked door in the team’s media room at 7:10 a.m. local time, walked to the lobby, and began taking photographs of the trophies. Asked to leave, Robinson allegedly claimed that the Broncos owe him money, and that he owns 20 percent of the franchise.

Asked to leave again, Robinson said to the security officer that Robinson would “get him and Elway.”

Robinson faces charges of second-degree criminal trespass.

If he punches out Elway's horse teeth, I'll contribute to bail.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike Tannenbaum needs to get a quick boot. Our weakness last year was the CB's. It's actually even worse this year.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject:

Though Miami had to let Grimes walk, Maxwell wasn't even a lateral move. And yeah, that's on Tannenbaum as Maxwell's coverage deficiencies were exposed in Phili.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

Buffalo is pretty easy to game plan, though it always comes down to execution. Taylor is a below average passer in the pocket, and likes to roll out to find an open receiver downfield, or take run as he's pretty fleet of foot. In fact he seems to be one of those QBs who rolls a bit too readily if his first two reads are covered, as the roll also gives fast WRs separation. All NE has to do is seal the edges, keeping Taylor in the pocket where he isn't as comfortable operating, which will also tend to limit gains on McCoy when he runs to the outside. Buffalo has had some injuries at LT, when the run outside I expect it to mostly be through RT, but inside they'll attack through LG Incognito, who is pretty damn good. In addition, NE favors space-eaters at DT; they won't pressure Taylor as much as limit between the tackles running by McCoy, either tackling, tripping up or funneling to the LBs. Depending upon the down, you'll see NE alternate between man and zone with Chung in the box, or go cover 2/cover 3 as Taylor loves the long ball. The nickel personnel package will frequently feature 3 safeties.

On defense, Buffalo seems to be strong in coverage, as they destroyed Arizona. I have no idea who NE will march out at QB, but I do think that they'll run a lot of Blount, as the Buffalo defensive line isn't as strong as in the past. Their LBs appear better at run defense than coverage, so Garoppolo/Brissett will mix things up with short to intermediate passes to slot receivers and TEs (Bennett mostly, I think Gronk will be mostly limited to blocking duties as his hammy isn't right). But I suspect the NE attack will mostly be on the ground.

Both Belichick and Rex Ryan love to disguise defensive coverages, which might make the game interesting. For Rex Ryan, this is his Super Bowl.

This will probably be a fairly low scoring game, as NE will probably deploy a conservative, low-risk game plan that avoids turning the ball over.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

The Broncos still look like the best team in the NFL. It's going to be tough beating them with that defense. I like the Vikings in the NFC.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
The Broncos still look like the best team in the NFL. It's going to be tough beating them with that defense. I like the Vikings in the NFC.

Not to mention that QB replacing Manning is not too bad.....probably don't miss that guy that went to Houston....I mean he had 4 TD"s the last game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Scott Rafferty wrote:
Bo Jackson's Big Regret: 'I Would Have Taken a Different Path'

Back in 2013, Bo Jackson was named the Greatest Athlete of All Time by ESPN's Sport Science. It wasn't a huge surprise, either, seeing as Jackson is one of few athletes who managed to pull off being an All-Star in two major sports. Bo is the only one to do it as a member of the NFL and MLB, too, which only helps his case as the greatest of all time.

However, if Jackson could go back and do it all again, he'd probably just stick to baseball to avoid the toll football has – and could have – taken on his body. In an interview with The MMQB's Dominic Bonvissuto this week, Jackson was asked about the head injuries that have plagued retired NFL players and said, while he is "one of the fortunate ones" to not have long-term effects, he wouldn’t let his kids anywhere near the sport if they wanted to play because of what he now knows.

"If I had young kids, to be honest, and if they came and said, 'Dad, I want to play football,' I'd smack them in the mouth," said Jackson. "No. No. Because if I’d have known back then what I know now, to be honest with you, I probably would have taken a different path. I probably just would have played baseball."

Jackson even went on to describe the one time he had a concussion in the NFL.

"I had just run over somebody, and I was in the process of stepping on them and going down field," Jackson continued. "Someone came from behind me and hit me right behind the ear. It was like someone short-circuited me. The ball came out and I fell on the ball, so I got it back. Something in my brain was telling me to get up, and don't let these guys see that you're hurt. I got up and walked to the sideline. I got through the crowd and went to sit on the bench, and right when my butt hit the bench, someone grabbed my arm and said, 'You're on the wrong side, motherfukker.'"

Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders were both excellent 2 sport athletes....however I think they would probably had excelled far beyond what their careers turned out had they just stuck with a single sport. We don't have to worry about 2 sport athletes these days though since the money in both sports are far beyond what they were back in the 80's and 90's.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Week 3 too soon to tell for either team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

Still don't get the point of playing football overseas. I mean, I do, but I don't. They're never going to pick it up over there.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Still don't get the point of playing football overseas. I mean, I do, but I don't. They're never going to pick it up over there.

I agree but with how bad the Colts are they should leave them there.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

Colts

at least the Pacers season is going to start soon
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 30 of 105
Jump to: