Would you trade Kwame for Darko?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Kwame for Darko?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 43 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 87

uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Would you trade Kwame for Darko?

Yes. Unlike Kwame he's never been given a chance to show his stuff. The Pistons should be happy to get another athletic big body to guard the Snaq's and the Duncan's.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject:

Darko hasnt been given the chance to show his stuff because he is a bust. Dumars may not admit it publicly, but he messed up BIGTIME by passing on Melo, Wade, Bosh, and Hinrich.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject:

I would do it if we could re-sign him. I'm trying to be patient, but really Kwame just seems plain old dumb to me. At best he could be a very solid player - he just doesn't have the head to be a star.

Darko we know less about since no one has really seen him play much. I don't know how good he could be, but it's the same situation as with Kwame last summer. Let's take a gamble on his potential and he'd be a lot cheaper than Kwame will be. We know Kwame's not gonna be a great player, let's roll the dice on Darko who still might be.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
I would do it if we could re-sign him. I'm trying to be patient, but really Kwame just seems plain old dumb to me. At best he could be a very solid player - he just doesn't have the head to be a star.

Darko we know less about since no one has really seen him play much. I don't know how good he could be, but it's the same situation as with Kwame last summer. Let's take a gamble on his potential and he'd be a lot cheaper than Kwame will be. We know Kwame's not gonna be a great player, let's roll the dice on Darko who still might be.

Trading Kwame for Darko is trading one team's mistake for the other.
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject:

Kwame is not dumb but anxious.

The guy seriuosly needs a sports psychologist.

He does everything right but can't finish.

Supposedly he has a sweet stroke in practice to 18 ft,even wins some 3 pt shooting contest but will stop shooting a jumper in the game after his first miss. Usually his first shot.

I would trade George for Darko. Kwame is a PF/C while Darko is a combo foward. We could use a combo forward but we need a PF/C right now.
George is probably gone this summer for nothing. I think he likes being the 6th/8th best player on a contender.No pressure. He would probably re-sign in Detroit.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject:

IN-A-HEARTBEAT!

Darko is much more talented than people around here think. That's because they haven't seen him play much. Darko is a huge presence at the defensive end. He's able to block some shots and he'd be a perfect triangle fit at Power Forward with his ability to play inside and outside.

And no, I'm not generally for trading Kwame, because I think we'll have to give him some more time to develope, but Darko is too good to pass...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4L wrote:
Socks wrote:

Trading Kwame for Darko is trading one team's mistake for the other.

I agree, they're both busts for the same reason. Neither one of them puts forth the effort to get serious about playing or learning the game. Kwame seems like he wants to be somewhere else every time he steps onto the court, he's the definition of a bust. I think there's still time for Darko, but right now things aren't looking too good for him.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:

Darko's contract hurts the 2007 plan. He's owed $7 million that season (on his rookie contract! ).

Just an F.Y.I.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:

Hell no.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
Darko's contract hurts the 2007 plan

Are you guys gon keep believing the so called "2007 plan" ?

Back to topic; YES ! In a Heartbeat
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Hell no.

co-signed.

If I'm going to deal Kwame it'll be for Al Harrington, Hawks are loaded at the wing position & Harrington's contract is up. They do need a big guy.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Hatori Hanzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

Seriously....Are you guys bananas????? Kwame MAY be playing EXTREMELY horrible at the moment.....but geeze, that someone would even venture into that dark area called darko is really UBERLOCO!!!!!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

No on the trade, but I am mostly freaked out about the upside down chicken. Aaaaahhh!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

I would.

Darko would fit the the Triangle really well. And he has the body and tools to play defense too. Will be a good shotblocker and rebounder IMO.

Milicic is a lot closer to that JO situation of being in a bad situation and needing a new place to breakout than Kwame was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
Darko's contract hurts the 2007 plan

Are you guys gon keep believing the so called "2007 plan" ?

Back to topic; YES ! In a Heartbeat

In a heartbeat? OK, based on what?

I've watched a bit of Darko last season, as it became apparent that Mitch was going on a big-man hunt during the summer. Even after making allowances for lack of PT, he looked awful.

You know what's funny? All of us look at draft reports, as there is no way we can ever scout that many players... especially the European ones if you're located in the USA. Yet look at Darko... it seems that everyone who pushes him bases their opinion on ancient draft reports, or on rumors that he's great in practice.

What are you basing your "in a heartbeat" opinion on?
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

IMO a few sessions with Dr. Phil and Kwame will be rock solid. Maybe some hypnotherapy even.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

Didn't Darko play really well on his euro team over the summer? I remember seeing he was blocking a couple shots a game and rebounding well. He didn't dominate, but he was playing well and contributing even through they weren't running any plays for him.

I feel like Kwame isn't going to ever really thrive with us. He may be solid, but that's the top expectation. He doesn't have the IQ, the hands, or the J for the PF position in the triangle. Darko seems like he has a better skill set for the triangle, and has the physical tools as well. As someone else on this thread mentioned, he seems like he's in a JO type of situation where he just can't seem to get any PT to accelerate his development and he never will in DET.

Both Darko and Kwame have questionable mental makeups. Darko hasn't shown a tremendous amount of heart in taking advantage of what PT he's been given. But at this point, we're going to need to hit a home run to improve this team. Sticking with Kwame would be settling for base hits - it'd be safer and we know what we have (a potentially solid player). Going for Darko would be swinging for the fences on a player who still has potential to be great.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

People are jumping to conclusions now. Kwame may have been non existent offensively and have no hands, but Darko is on the end of the bench for a reason. Yes, he may be on a deep team. But with only a 3 man rotation on the frontcourt of Wallacex2 and McDyess, he has yet to find any time at all. That is because he does suck. People just want to trade for him now because of all the losses coming along recently. If we were 5 games over .500 most would say no.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
People just want to trade for him now because of all the losses coming along recently. If we were 5 games over .500 most would say no.

I think I'd still pull the trigger just because Kwame isn't cutting it and I don't ever expect him to be a star. That said, he does play solid defence and does contribute now. To correct myself a bit, I'd say if this were a deal on the table in the offseason I'd do it. Pulling a trade like this now though would probably be really tough to do.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Didn't Darko play really well on his euro team over the summer? I remember seeing he was blocking a couple shots a game and rebounding well. He didn't dominate, but he was playing well and contributing even through they weren't running any plays for him.

I feel like Kwame isn't going to ever really thrive with us. He may be solid, but that's the top expectation. He doesn't have the IQ, the hands, or the J for the PF position in the triangle. Darko seems like he has a better skill set for the triangle, and has the physical tools as well. As someone else on this thread mentioned, he seems like he's in a JO type of situation where he just can't seem to get any PT to accelerate his development and he never will in DET.

Both Darko and Kwame have questionable mental makeups. Darko hasn't shown a tremendous amount of heart in taking advantage of what PT he's been given. But at this point, we're going to need to hit a home run to improve this team. Sticking with Kwame would be settling for base hits - it'd be safer and we know what we have (a potentially solid player). Going for Darko would be swinging for the fences on a player who still has potential to be great.

Darko has, and will continue to look good in Europe. The problem is that he hasn't adjusted well to the more physical US game. I've seen him tossed about the paint like a rag doll, having trouble getting or maintaining his position, or adjusting his shot after contact. Unless he shows he can score in the paint, he's not going to get many whistles.

But once again, Darko always shines outside of an NBA game. I haven't seen greatness in him, not that I'm totally discounting from ever happening. But for one poster to say that he'd trade Kwame for Darko "in a heartbeat", I have to wonder what he is basing his judgement on. Kwame has problems, but he's ten times better man defender than Darko. Unless there is something to back that judgement, it sounded like a random trollish attack on Kwame and our team.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

Nope. I have not completely given out on Kwame.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

Not a snowball's chance in hell. At least Kwame can hold his defensive position against bigger bodies like snaq and curry.
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject:

More than half of the votes are in favor of trading Kwame for a player that has NO NBA experience and is regarded as soft. It is getting really hard to believe some of the mindsets around here.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

supermegamen wrote:
IN-A-HEARTBEAT!

Darko is much more talented than people around here think. That's because they haven't seen him play much. Darko is a huge presence at the defensive end. He's able to block some shots and he'd be a perfect triangle fit at Power Forward with his ability to play inside and outside.

And no, I'm not generally for trading Kwame, because I think we'll have to give him some more time to develope, but Darko is too good to pass...
More hyperbole from the "grass is greener on the other side" crowd.

"Darko is too good to pass", and how would you know that?

"Darko is too good to pass"
that's what the haters say about Kobe!

Darko has played a grand total of 550 minutes of NBA BBall, Kwame nearly doubled that in his rookie year.
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Obviously
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: