Official Marcelo Huertas Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Magic Huertas
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

When your only PG able to run an offense with some consistency is Marcelo, you shouldn't expect to win a lot of games.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
When your only PG able to run an offense with some consistency is Marcelo, you shouldn't expect to win a lot of games.

Haha what a surprise Lg's biggest D-Lo hater with another shot at the youngster.

Please whenever D'Angelo is allowed to orchestrate and initate the offense looks like an actual NBA offense.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

Haha what a surprise Lg's biggest D-Lo hater with another shot at the youngster.

Please whenever D'Angelo is allowed to orchestrate and initate the offense looks like an actual NBA offense.

It's about Dlo and Clarkson too. They are lacking in the playmaking department and I'm tired to tell I'm not a hater, the player just have to play well and I will praise him, but Clarkson and Dlo aren't playing well last 3 games. I know it happens with rookies, but the lack of effort makes me think if they are trying to fry the coach, because it is blatant.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

It's about Dlo and Clarkson too. They are lacking in the playmaking department and I'm tired to tell I'm not a hater, the player just have to play well and I will praise him, but Clarkson and Dlo aren't playing well last 3 games. I know it happens with rookies, but the lack of effort makes me think if they are trying to fry the coach, because it is blatant.

The 3 frontcourt players in the first unit don't move. Randle can't set a screen and his defender clogs the paint. When the guard runs P/R with Hibbert, Hibbert is no threat really he's lumbering, Randle is open on the backside but the guards ignore him cuz he can't shoot. Then a lot of times Randle hesitates setting screens not knowing which side or if he should go up and screen at all - he gets caught in "no man's land" and the ball is just getting pounded in the same spot as a result of the confusion and the extra defender Randle brings. Mix in MWP , lol.

With Huertas unit --- he has Bass who's the best combo of quickest roller and best screener of the rotation bigs. Nance is also a solid screener. Nance' defender doesn't sag on the backside as much. And Lou is good at making himself available and relocating on the 3pt line. Plus Huertas is a master of pace , and the less lumbering bigs help that --- so the offense has pace. bass sprints his lane in transition a lot, and Larry does 2nd most on he team

Most of all the offense is just fricking horrible and full of unnecessary crap or ISO plays.. We looked decent running motion weak when we were.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

The 3 frontcourt players in the first unit don't move. Randle can't set a screen and his defender clogs the paint. When the guard runs P/R with Hibbert, Hibbert is no threat really he's lumbering, Randle is open on the backside but the guards ignore hi cuz he can't shoot. Then a lot of times Randle hesitates setting screens not knowing which side or if he should go up and screen at all - he gets caught in "no man's land" and the ball is just getting pounded in the same spot as a result of the confusion and the extra defender Randle brings. Mix in MWP , lol.

With Huertas unit --- he has Bass who's the best combo of quickest roller and best screener of the rotation bigs. Nance is also a solid screener. Nance' defender doesn't sag on the backside as much. And Lou is good at making himself available and relocating on the 3pt line. Plus Huertas is a master of pace , and the less lumbering bigs help that --- so the offense has pace. bass sprints his lane in transition a lot, and Larry does 2nd most on he team

Most of all the offense is just fricking horrible and full of unnecessary crap or ISO plays.. We looked decent running motion weak when we were.

Agreed.

I told in the other thread I'd start Nance and Bass with Dlo and JC, but the lack of effort on D doesn't have anything to do with the starting lineup.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I want to see Huertas rack up assists with Ron and Hibbert and Randle
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm in favor of starting Huertas, CLarkson, Ron, Randle, Hibbert for the lolz
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I want to see Huertas rack up assists with Ron and Hibbert and Randle

Well, he did it with Sacre.

Unfortunately he can't do anything else well.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

The 3 frontcourt players in the first unit don't move. Randle can't set a screen and his defender clogs the paint. When the guard runs P/R with Hibbert, Hibbert is no threat really he's lumbering, Randle is open on the backside but the guards ignore hi cuz he can't shoot. Then a lot of times Randle hesitates setting screens not knowing which side or if he should go up and screen at all - he gets caught in "no man's land" and the ball is just getting pounded in the same spot as a result of the confusion and the extra defender Randle brings. Mix in MWP , lol.

Agreed.

I told in the other thread I'd start Nance and Bass with Dlo and JC, but the lack of effort on D doesn't have anything to do with the starting lineup.

That would definetely be the spark plug that's being looked for. And I think Randle is the one rookie who could the humility and wake-up-call from benching..
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

Agreed.

That would definetely be the spark plug that's being looked for. And I think Randle is the one rookie who could the humility and wake-up-call from benching..

Nance has played better than Randle all season. The only thing keeping Randle in the starting line up is injuries and being number 7 pick
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

I am not a DLO hater but he and clarkson both are playing like crap
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Nance has played better than Randle all season. The only thing keeping Randle in the starting line up is injuries and being number 7 pick

No he hasn't. Randle was getting 20 point games and he's been a better rebounder all season.

Right now, yes, Nance is playing better. And yes, for a stretch earlier in the season, Nance was playing better. But not the entire season.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

The 3 frontcourt players in the first unit don't move. Randle can't set a screen and his defender clogs the paint. When the guard runs P/R with Hibbert, Hibbert is no threat really he's lumbering, Randle is open on the backside but the guards ignore him cuz he can't shoot. Then a lot of times Randle hesitates setting screens not knowing which side or if he should go up and screen at all - he gets caught in "no man's land" and the ball is just getting pounded in the same spot as a result of the confusion and the extra defender Randle brings. Mix in MWP , lol.

I agree with everything you wrote until the last line. We are running motion weak, but it got the Byron treatment - it's so poorly implemented that it devolves into iso garbage.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
nash wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

I agree with everything you wrote until the last line. We are running motion weak, but it got the Byron treatment - it's so poorly implemented that it devolves into iso garbage.

Damn, if we ran it well I'd definitely recognize it. Even when we were succeeding with it looked almost like it was being ran it a practice setting a lot of times - guys not being in sync with where to go. Not running it quick, you could see them counting their steps so to speak. That's probably why like you said in another thread - the Suns easily mucked it up, and we have no counters learned
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
nash wrote:

I think you and I are the only ones who see DLo as more of a SG than a PG. It explains a lot as to why the starting unit can't get anything going.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject:

That stealthy steal
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject:

dat steal though never seen anything like it before ahahah that's a savvy veteran move for you
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject:

http://deadspin.com/marcelo-huertas-pulls-off-the-sneakiest-player-in-the-h-1768157074
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

He just had the most ingenious play of the season. Lakers should consider keeping him around next season. At the very least, he's a good back-up/third string player who can provide solid PnR play for 4-5 min.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
He just had the most ingenious play of the season. Lakers should consider keeping him around next season. At the very least, he's a good back-up/third string player who can provide solid PnR play for 4-5 min.

He's always hustling, knows & loves the game. He is quite entertaining and sometimes hilarious; you have to keep him.
He's an awful defender, nor does he have an outside shot. But for basketball IQ, veteran, on-court savvy, and camaraderie this old fart is worth the price of admission.
From an entertainment perspective, he definitely puts on a show, sometimes good, sometimes bad but he is always performs.

He is infectious, you can't help but love him!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

Huertas is crazy underrated on LG

And his bad defense is overblown. As is his bad shot because he does get points

He is the player who is consistently game after game getting us back into games after our starting lineup screws things up. We can thank Huertas for the few wins we have

Usually after he subs out, we go into a slump again. It happened again in this recent game but luckily our starters just managed to get the job done

We really must bring him back!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
That stealthy steal

Play of the month for me. That was awesome.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
That stealthy steal

Play of the month for me. That was awesome.

The definition of a crafty vet move.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

That steal!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: