Tom Brady could be in trouble after Deflategate appeal hearing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/13/second-circuit-denies-brady-request-for-new-hearing/

Quote:
Second Circuit denies Brady request for new hearing

The likelihood that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will miss the first four games of the regular season went up on Wednesday.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has denied Brady’s request for a rehearing of the appeal that reinstated the four-game suspension he received from the league. Brady’s suspension had originally been overturned by U.S. District Court Judge Richard Berman last year, allowing Brady to play for the entire 2015 season.

The announcement from the Second Circuit notes that they have denied both Brady’s request to have the appeal reheard by a three-judge panel of judges and to have it heard by the full court. That leaves an appeal to the Supreme Court as the last legal lifeline left for Brady to get the suspension overturned and indications throughout the process from Brady and the NFLPA have been that they will exhaust every option available on that front.

Should Brady remain suspended, he will miss the season opener at Arizona and then three home games against the Dolphins, Texans and Bills. Jimmy Garoppolo would be the starter for those games in Brady’s absence.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/15/tom-brady-gives-up-will-not-fight-nfl-to-the-supreme-court/

Quote:
Tom Brady gives up, will not fight NFL to the Supreme Court

Tom Brady has decided to give up and accept his four-game Deflategate suspension.

After this week’s ruling against him, Brady announced on Facebook that he will no longer fight.

“I’m very grateful for the overwhelming support I’ve received from Mr. Kraft, the Kraft family, coach Belichick, my coaches and teammates, the NFLPA, my agents, my loving family and most of all, our fans,” Brady wrote. “It has been a challenging 18 months and I have made the difficult decision to no longer proceed with the legal process. I’m going to work hard to be the best player I can be for the New England Patriots and I look forward to having the opportunity to return to the field this fall.”

Brady’s only remaining option was to take the case to the Supreme Court. He won’t do that. He’ll sit out until Week Five.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Roger Goodell. I hope the 4 games off keeps him fresh and he takes it out on the rest of the league big time when he returns.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
(bleep) Roger Goodell. I hope the 4 games off keeps him fresh and he takes it out on the rest of the league big time when he returns.

I'm no Goodell fan, but (bleep) Tom Brady. I hope the 4 games go as losses and the damage the Cheatriots chances of having a good season.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Eh they will go 2-2
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm no Goodell fan, but (bleep) Tom Brady. I hope the 4 games go as losses and the damage the Cheatriots chances of having a good season.

This reminds me of bitter Celtics fans calling the Lakers the Fakers and Pop and Dan Gilbert whining about the Lakers cheating by getting CP3 or Pau. Players who beat their wives and did drugs got 4 games. No deflated football, however it came to be, impacted the material outcome of a game. And neither Roger Goodell nor anyone else proved otherwise nor did anyone prove Brady was guilty of ANYTHING. It was only the poorly negotiated collective bargaining agreement that makes Goodell completely autonomous that allowed this out-of-proportion outcome. It reminds me of Stern overruling the CP3 trade on equally shaky ground through similar dictatorial methods. But of course I expect the fans outside New England to pile on and hop on the hater train. That's what fans do.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This reminds me of bitter Celtics fans calling the Lakers the Fakers and Pop and Dan Gilbert whining about the Lakers cheating by getting CP3 or Pau.

Not even remotely. But call it whatever makes you feel better.

Quote:
Players who beat their wives and did drugs got 4 games. No deflated football, however it came to be, impacted the material outcome of a game. And neither Roger Goodell nor anyone else proved otherwise nor did anyone prove Brady was guilty of ANYTHING. It was only the poorly negotiated collective bargaining agreement that makes Goodell completely autonomous that allowed this out-of-proportion outcome. It reminds me of Stern overruling the CP3 trade on equally shaky ground through similar dictatorial methods. But of course I expect the fans outside New England to pile on and hop on the hater train. That's what fans do.

Guess you ignored the "Not a fan of Goodell" part.

This isn't about deflate gate. I don't care about deflate gate I have hated the Patriots for years and years. Bill Belichick is a classless tool. The evidence of wrong doing goes way back - and he cheats in both his professional and personal life. Kraft and Brady are Trumpies. There's nothing likable about that collection of arrogant and entitled douches.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This reminds me of bitter Celtics fans calling the Lakers the Fakers and Pop and Dan Gilbert whining about the Lakers cheating by getting CP3 or Pau.

Not even remotely. But call it whatever makes you feel better.

Quote:
Players who beat their wives and did drugs got 4 games. No deflated football, however it came to be, impacted the material outcome of a game. And neither Roger Goodell nor anyone else proved otherwise nor did anyone prove Brady was guilty of ANYTHING. It was only the poorly negotiated collective bargaining agreement that makes Goodell completely autonomous that allowed this out-of-proportion outcome. It reminds me of Stern overruling the CP3 trade on equally shaky ground through similar dictatorial methods. But of course I expect the fans outside New England to pile on and hop on the hater train. That's what fans do.

Guess you ignored the "Not a fan of Goodell" part.

This isn't about deflate gate. I don't care about deflate gate I have hated the Patriots for years and years. Bill Belichick is a classless tool. The evidence of wrong doing goes way back - and he cheats in both his professional and personal life. Kraft and Brady are Trumpies. There's nothing likable about that collection of arrogant and entitled douches.

Easy to say there's no evidence when the perpetrators destroy the evidence. It's the difference between what happened to the Nazi's and the Japanese. The Nazi's were unable to have enough time to cover up their most heinous crimes against humanity while Japan was able to. That Kraft and Brady are both unabashed Trump supporters is also telling to their character.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Easy to say there's no evidence when the perpetrators destroy the evidence. It's the difference between what happened to the Nazi's and the Japanese. The Nazi's were unable to have enough time to cover up their most heinous crimes against humanity while Japan was able to. That Kraft and Brady are both unabashed Trump supporters is also telling to their character.

It's not like deflate gate was the first hint of wrong doing on their part.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject:

Finally.

Cheating ass (bleep).
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

I haven't heard such whining since the Queens fans haunted this site.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I haven't heard such whining since the Queens fans haunted this site.

Yeah, because the situations are SOO similar :rolls eyes:
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

Goodell and Kraft are both abominable (bleep), on that point I can agree ... but I'm not onboard with this "(bleep) Brady" and/or "(bleep) the Patriots" business.

You don't even have to buy into the "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" reality that most professional athletes find themselves in at one point or another during their careers. News flash: THEY ALL LOOK FOR WAYS, BIG AND SMALL, TO BEND OR BREAK THE RULES. The Patriots have been one of the top three teams in the NFL for what? Almost 15 years? We're supposed to believe that every other team has been piously following the letter of Goodell's law, whilst the Patriots have been the only ones deviously seeking to break the rules? It's overdone at this point. As for Deflategate, it's a stain not on Tom Brady or the Patriots ... it's a stain on Goodell and his corrupt leadership.

When the pressure of the footballs was addressed at halftime after the Colts cried foul with their Ravens e-mail tip, the Patriots proceeded to pummel the Colts in the second half worse than they did in the first half. The easiest conclusion is that the pressure issue (which is an area where all NFL quarterbacks have an opinion, since they all seem to prefer different settings) actually didn't help Brady and the Patriots AT ALL. So are we going to now get "momentum" crybabies in here to explain that the Colts would have won the game in question had the Patriot footballs been "properly" inflated from the jump? FFS, already ... let it go.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

Haters gonna hate.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

Such a trite little phrase.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

I like it, use it a lot. .......... A whole lot

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

You and Taylor Swift must be proud.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

You and Taylor Swift must be proud.

Who is Taylor Swift.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

U MAD?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Finally.

Cheating ass (bleep).

It was ridiculous how long he dragged this thing out. You know the Supreme Court would've smacked him back to reality when they wouldn't take their case.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Haters gonna hate.

U MAD?

I think the term these days is "salty"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Big win for the league. Goodell's employment is safe although he's taken a 12.5 million since 2012. $44.2 million to $31.7 million.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Agree 1000% Pats have a consistent record of classlessness. This is only the tip of the iceberg. And Goodell has done them plenty favors, starting with the burning of the Spygate tapes, who knows how much dirt was there. People forget that Goodell and Prick Kraft are actually close friends.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Statement from New England Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft

Quote:
"While I was disappointed with the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision not to rehear Tom Brady's case, I am most frustrated that Tom was denied his right to a fair and impartial process. The League's investigation into a football pressure matter was flawed and biased from the start, and has been discredited nearly unanimously by accredited academics and scientists.

"The penalty imposed by the NFL was unprecedented, unjust and unreasonable, especially given that no empirical or direct evidence of any kind showed Tom did anything to violate League rules prior to, during or after the 2015 AFC Championship Game. What Tom has had to endure throughout this 18-month ordeal has been, in my opinion, as far removed from due process as you could ever expect in this country.

"From day one, I have believed in Tom and given him my unwavering support in his pursuit to rightfully clear his name of any wrongdoing. That support extends throughout our organization and has only grown more steadfast as the preponderance of scientific evidence has exonerated Tom. Unfortunately, this stopped being about air pressure a long time ago.

"This entire process has indelibly taken a toll on our organization, our fans and most importantly, Tom Brady. His reluctant decision to stop pursuing further action and to put this situation behind him is what he feels is best for the team in preparation for this season and is fully supported by me and our entire organization.

"To our devoted fans, your unwavering support for Tom and our organization have only reinforced our longstanding belief that we have the greatest fans in all of sports. We will continue to unequivocally support Tom and know our fans will rally around him and the rest of the team like never before. Our full focus now is on making the upcoming season a memorable one for all of our fans.”
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Steelers fan, and I have no love whatsoever for the Patriots.
But this whole thing was ridiculous.
I guess I must have missed all of the evidence that 'convicted' Brady.

Anyone want to break it down for me? You know, in real simple terms.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: