Warriors are going to beat the record
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Warriors break the Bulls' record?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 52 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 65

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Warriors are going to beat the record

I know it's not necessarily "bold" since there's only 16 games left, but it should be inevitable. They're 60-6 on the year, including their win tonight (game's not over yet, but the game's in the fridge) Golden State's remaining 16 games:
Knicks
@ Mavs
@ Spurs (second of back to back)
@ Wolves
Clips
Mavs
Philly
Washington
@ Utah (second of back to back)
Celtics
Portland
Wolves
Spurs
Memphis
Memphis

My prediction is that they lose the first Spurs game on the second of the back to back after facing Dallas. They could lose to the Clips, but I don't see it. They might lose to the Spurs on the road the second time after facing Memphis, it just depends on whether they can close out the Memphis game early. I'm going to say that Golden State ends up with a record of 75-7
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I say tie at best. But 70 wins is gonna happen. Can't be disappointed with that.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I say yes, but it isn't a given that Kerr will keep playing everyone every night. So, they could easily drop a couple of games if Curry or Klay is sitting out a couple of games apiece. The 2 games at the Spurs could add another loss or two. I'm going to predict 73-9, but losing more than that wouldn't surprise me. The loss to the Lakers could come back to bite them.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Warriors are going to beat the record

The Logo wrote:
I know it's not necessarily "bold" since there's only 16 games left, but it should be inevitable. They're 60-6 on the year, including their win tonight (game's not over yet, but the game's in the fridge) Golden State's remaining 16 games:
Knicks
@ Mavs
@ Wolves
Clips
Mavs
Philly
Washington
@ Utah (second of back to back)
Celtics
Portland
Wolves
Spurs
Memphis
Memphis

My prediction is that they lose the first Spurs game on the second of the back to back after facing Dallas. They could lose to the Clips, but I don't see it. They might lose to the Spurs on the road the second time after facing Memphis, it just depends on whether they can close out the Memphis game early. I'm going to say that Golden State ends up with a record of 75-7

Funny that 3 are against the Spurs who also have a shot at 70
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

They'll be trying to secure homecourt vs. Spurs, so it's supposed to keep them focused and prevent a letdown game or two.

However, they'll probably slip up on a couple of games they ought to have no business losing. Those two games in San Antonio aren't going to be a cake walk either.

Guess: Tie the record.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

i hope they pass the record and lose in the 2nd round.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

If they are #1, they're most likely facing the winner of Memphis/Clippers. Memphis have 7 guys on their active roster right now. 3 of those guys are 10 day signings. Clippers are the Clippers...even worse so with Blake out all this time. Earliest they'd lose is in the WCF.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

If they are #1, they're most likely facing the winner of Memphis/Clippers. Memphis have 7 guys on their active roster right now. 3 of those guys are 10 day signings. Clippers are the Clippers...even worse so with Blake out all this time. Earliest they'd lose is in the WCF.

maybe they will lose in a round 1 epic! Patriots lost a season like this. Who is the likely contender for a helmet catch?
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject:

They will get the record because Spurs are right there with them and that keeps pushing both by self motivation to get that overall best record and by staff.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
I say tie at best. But 70 wins is gonna happen. Can't be disappointed with that.

Even the Spurs have a pretty good shot at getting 70 wins. They have to finish 14-2.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

It's hard to imagine anyone stopping the Warriors and Spurs from meeting in the Western conference finals. And hard to imagine the winner of that not facing the Cavs in the finals.

Too bad the Spurs and Warriors can't meet in the finals. Now that would be epic.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

It's hard to imagine anyone stopping the Warriors and Spurs from meeting in the Western conference finals. And hard to imagine the winner of that not facing the Cavs in the finals.

Too bad the Spurs and Warriors can't meet in the finals. Now that would be epic.

*Double Post*

Last edited by I Bleed P&G on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Cavs are looking weaker compared to last year. I could see a sweep in the finals by the Warriors or the Spurs.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

No one saw the Lakers getting swept by the Mavericks either. Unforeseen things do happen. But I want to see the Spurs/Wars clash. Efficient twos vs. the Splash Bombers. Would be fun stuff.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject:

By the way Warriors are without Ezeli and Iggy.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Even coach Kerr said if the Warriors have a shot down the stretch they will go for it. Right now I don't see them not having a shot with 5 games left.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

No one saw the Lakers getting swept by the Mavericks either. Unforeseen things do happen. But I want to see the Spurs/Wars clash. Efficient twos vs. the Splash Bombers. Would be fun stuff.

2004 pistons too.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Still think the Clips can beat one of the Spurs and Warriors. If Blake comes back healthy and they have their bench guys, esp Crawford, randomly hot. It's the last part I highly doubt. Has Crawford ever been good in the playoffs?

Not as sure about the Thunder. Never thought that highly of them, but with their recent slump I don't see them beating either team.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

2004 pistons too.

Losing in the manner that they did? No way. But I was semi-concerned due to their road woes & lack of consistent shooting in the playoffs that year. Did expect a long series that the Lakers would ultimately win. Had they pulled out game four, it might have happened. Losing their poise in that game on the heels of that atrocious game three, and all was lost. No one stepped up to the plate to save them the way Fisher did in 2010 (game three).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject:

I'll be very surprised if they can't break record. Seems really simple looking at their record so far and no injuries to Curry/Thompson/Green
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Well, sure. There are always surprises. That said, the Spurs and Warriors are such streamrolling, great teams hard to see that happening.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

Clippers are mental midgets in crunch time with one of the worst close out coaches in the game. Clippers aren't doing diddly poo. Warriors vs Spurs in the WCF, could be the first 70 win teams playing for the title, ever. The only thing that can keep it from happening is if Pop goes Pop and decides to be a dick and not let his team with 14 of the next 16 games.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

Really thought this record was going to be safe. Unreal.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject:

Whats the vegas odds?
I say they will break it but Pippen has been praying for hid best.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

Two teams close to reaching 70 wins. How intimidating are the playoffs if you aren't the Warriors or Spurs? If you play in the Eastern conference?
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: