Warriors are going to beat the record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Warriors break the Bulls' record?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 52 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 65

dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine if the Warriors exhaust energy to go 73-9 and then don't win the championship.

Or if they go 71-11 and then also don't win the championship.

Not sure which would be funnier.

I'd say that the Spurs are the favorites to win it all this year

Earlier in the season, the Warriors looked unstoppable - and were winning easily. Lately, defending teams have been figuring out how to slow them down - and they've also looked a lot more human for the last 6 weeks or so, almost like the championship last year and this seasons hype has been catching up to them.

The Spurs on the other hand, seem to be exactly the reverse. Early in the season they didn't look all that good and they couldn't get on the same page with LMA. Yeah, they were winning but it was ugly and disconnected. Lately, they've gotten it together and look pretty unstoppable.

Even if GSW wins 72 or 73 games, I think the Spurs take them in the playoffs barring another fluke like last year

You have an opinion and that's fine but don't lie. Warriors are the favorites, that's a fact.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine if the Warriors exhaust energy to go 73-9 and then don't win the championship.

Or if they go 71-11 and then also don't win the championship.

Not sure which would be funnier.

I'd say that the Spurs are the favorites to win it all this year

Earlier in the season, the Warriors looked unstoppable - and were winning easily. Lately, defending teams have been figuring out how to slow them down - and they've also looked a lot more human for the last 6 weeks or so, almost like the championship last year and this seasons hype has been catching up to them.

The Spurs on the other hand, seem to be exactly the reverse. Early in the season they didn't look all that good and they couldn't get on the same page with LMA. Yeah, they were winning but it was ugly and disconnected. Lately, they've gotten it together and look pretty unstoppable.

Even if GSW wins 72 or 73 games, I think the Spurs take them in the playoffs barring another fluke like last year

You have an opinion and that's fine but don't lie. Warriors are the favorites, that's a fact.

I didn't say the Spurs are the Vegas favorites, or the basketball world's favorites, now did I?

I stated "I would say" the Spurs are the favorites. That's not a lie. That specifically is a statement of my opinion, with the reasons for my opinion also listed.

And, I'm not alone in that opinion...it's been said many times across the last few weeks by many different broadcast & studio teams that the Spurs are getting it together and the Warriors are having problems - not exactly in those words, but to that effect.

I'd almost bet money that if this trend continues, once the regular season ends you'll probably see the Spurs listed as the favorites for the playoffs.

Since you apparently have a comprehension problem I'll point out that I stated "I would ALMOST bet money" - surely even you can understand that's not a statement of fact but an estimate of probability based on current data trends
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
This loss against the Celtics was huge. Before tonight I thought it was a lock they were gonna break it, now I'm not so sure. Two games against the Spurs and Memphis left, plus Portland. 5 of their remaining 6 games are against playoff teams. Think they end up tying the record if Pop plays his guys.

Yeah, this was a loss they couldn't really afford considering who they have still on their schedule
that loss the Lakers gave them may come back to haunt them
both Celts and Lakers were games they should have won going away

The Celts took them to 2OT's in Boston. I'm not sure why the W's took them lightly. When Curry went off in the 3rd just to keep them even, I started seeing the writing on the wall. Usually, when Klay or Curry go off, part of their scoring comes from open looks off of defensive stops and open court play. The game gets blown open. Last night, it was just Curry being brilliant in trying to will his team to win in spite of their poor play. He looked spent at the end of the third. Of course, it still was surprising to see the Celts hit that many shots.

The W's were without Barnes earlier this year, and they hardly missed a beat. For some time, they have been without Ezeli and Iggy, and the second half last night, without Bogut. Their defense isn't the same without them, so they have looked much weaker recently. They can't impose their will in the same way. While the offense may be as potent, or nearly so, without those players, they won't win the championship again this year unless Iggy and one of the centers plays well in the playoffs.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Steve Kerr: Late-season struggles similar to what '96 Bulls faced

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15119962/steve-kerr-golden-state-warriors-coach-says-chasing-73-wins-impacting-team

Kerr essentially confirming they are struggling lately.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
This loss against the Celtics was huge. Before tonight I thought it was a lock they were gonna break it, now I'm not so sure. Two games against the Spurs and Memphis left, plus Portland. 5 of their remaining 6 games are against playoff teams. Think they end up tying the record if Pop plays his guys.

Yeah, this was a loss they couldn't really afford considering who they have still on their schedule

The Celts took them to 2OT's in Boston. I'm not sure why the W's took them lightly. When Curry went off in the 3rd just to keep them even, I started seeing the writing on the wall. Usually, when Klay or Curry go off, part of their scoring comes from open looks off of defensive stops and open court play. The game gets blown open. Last night, it was just Curry being brilliant in trying to will his team to win in spite of their poor play. He looked spent at the end of the third. Of course, it still was surprising to see the Celts hit that many shots.

The W's were without Barnes earlier this year, and they hardly missed a beat. For some time, they have been without Ezeli and Iggy, and the second half last night, without Bogut. Their defense isn't the same without them, so they have looked much weaker recently. They can't impose their will in the same way. While the offense may be as potent, or nearly so, without those players, they won't win the championship again this year unless Iggy and one of the centers plays well in the playoffs.

Yeah, Iggy is one of their glue/hustle/defense guys - him being out hurts them there.
the biggest thing I've been seeing with GSW lately is that they are just not getting into their offense easily or executing it as well as they were earlier in the year. The last 6-8 weeks, there's been games they've just looked kinda ugly and out of sorts. They usually get it somewhat together, but only for short stretches. Other games, they look good. But it's erratic lately
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Yeah, Iggy is one of their glue/hustle/defense guys - him being out hurts them there.
the biggest thing I've been seeing with GSW lately is that they are just not getting into their offense easily or executing it as well as they were earlier in the year. The last 6-8 weeks, there's been games they've just looked kinda ugly and out of sorts. They usually get it somewhat together, but only for short stretches. Other games, they look good. But it's erratic lately

It has been a little surprising that they have continued to win at the rate they have. They haven't been as healthy as last year. They have been without Ezeli and Iggy for quite a while now. Iggy is a great player and seems to give them whatever they have been lacking when he comes in the game. Do they need better ball movement and ball security? He changes the game. Do they need better defensive intensity? He comes in and the game changes. They have kept winning, I think, because Thompson has played better and better as the year has progressed, and Curry wills them to win if nothing else is working.

We will see what happens these last games. I think they are important, not because of the record so much, but because they really need to integrate Ezeli and Iggy back into the lineup before the playoffs start. They play tough teams to finish out the season. I think they will tie the record, at least. If the loss gets them focused again, as other losses throughout the season have done, they may run the table. Who knows? It will be fun to watch.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject:

GSW beat Portland tonight (Sunday) and moved to 69-8 with 5 games left.

They still have Minny at home, and 2 each (1 home, 1 away) with both Spurs and Memphis.

Curry got another 9 3's giving him 378 - 22 short of 400 with 5 games left or about 4.4 per game
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

4-1 looks pretty good. 3-2 for sure. Great season, I hope they win it all again.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Curry has a real shot to make 400 threes. That's insane.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

69-9.

1 more loss and I don't have to hear about how Curry is the best player to ever grace Earth.

K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Glanced at the scores earlier, saw that GSW had a double-digit lead and thought the T'Wolves were done. Went back to work.

Had to do a double-take on the results, I didn't expect this at all.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Oh wow, I hope they lose 2 more and fail to match the record.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject:

Surprised at what's going on. Think they match the record now. Have to face Spurs twice. Will likely split that. 72-10, looks very realistic to me. Thought for sure they could break it, but the loss to the Wolves makes a tie look more realistic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject:

Losing to the Lakers/Wolves...they don't deserve to break the record.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject:

Wow, they're really starting to break down.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject:

They're getting mentally fatigued.

They try to chase this record and play it out I gotta feeling they're going to get wrecked in the playoffs for one of those historical upsets.

oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

I haven't had the time to consistantly pay attention lately, but has Curry's play dipped ever since Oscar Robertson's comments about defending him? The few games I have got to see his play was down compared to what it had been earlier in the season.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I haven't had the time to consistantly pay attention lately, but has Curry's play dipped ever since Oscar Robertson's comments about defending him? The few games I have got to see his play was down compared to what it had been earlier in the season.

He scored 39 three days ago...
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah you can kiss the record goodbye. Losing to Lakers and the Wolves, that's just dumb. Oh whatever, we'll see what happens in the playoffs. I got them winning it again but the Spurs are a threat.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Losing to the Lakers/Wolves...they don't deserve to break the record.

Sounds like those Laker 3 peat teams, losing to the scrubs of the league.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I'm talking about overall, not a handful of games. Maybe starting with the Lakers loss.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I'm talking about overall, not a handful of games. Maybe starting with the Lakers loss.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01/splits/2016/

At least this is a crude estimate of how he has played as the season has progressed. In March his scoring & efficiency were both down, more in line with something he'd put up last season (i.e. still MVP-worthy). He also only shot 40% from 3 in March.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Its all the Lakers fault....ever since we beat them at home they haven't been the same....
Biggest percentage differential between win loss records has got to kill the ego for a supposedly "best team ever" according to certain Warriors fanboys...
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01/splits/2016/

At least this is a crude estimate of how he has played as the season has progressed. In March his scoring & efficiency were both down, more in line with something he'd put up last season (i.e. still MVP-worthy). He also only shot 40% from 3 in March.

thanks!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I feel like they're physically gassed, think they're only gunna hit 72. It'd be best for them to rest Steph/Dray.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: