LAKERS -at- JAZZ – 3-28-16 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

Disgusting game. Thanks for slugging through DB. You are a masochist reliving it through your write up.

I on the other hand, had A shot of whisky and a good nights sleep to recover from that (bleep) show.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
K28 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
this team is regressing

They showed some life since the All Star break, and I was actually worried about the tank being affected....but I now see no such cause for alarm.

Something happened to this team since they came home and started their season ending home stand. Maybe it's the KFT, but they've all packed it in and ready to start their vacation.

The key moment was the return of Lou, which was combined with BS giving extended minutes for the bench again.

THIS, THIS SO MUCH

The young kids were in a good run, they beat the warriors and the magic, competed against the cavs, even with kobe back, and then lou came back and the team went downhill, cause byron doesnt have a clue on how to manage rotations. Also, since byron stopped playing swag and inserted metta, we've been worse as well.

Thank you byron, happy birthday mate
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Glad I missed this one.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
s_habe wrote:
LaxT wrote:
With the way BS is losing, the team will have no choice but firing him. It 's not about what he does wrong or whether the next coach will be better. It's about image of the team and perception of the fans.

The team knew they would be bad for a while; that's why they have Horry, Worthy, Scott etc. associated with the team. They want fans to keep associating the team with winning, present or past. A good portion of fans will be lost if that association is gone.

Now that BS has "L" labeled with him, he has to go. Somebody with a "W" label, maybe Luke Walton, will take over. The same thing will happen to Jim Buss if we have another lottery season (and no lottery pick) next year. It's not about Scott vs Walton, or Jim vs Jeanie. It's about team image, and that image is the most valuable asset. If they can't do it right on the court, they need to management it right.
So true. And this image has already taken a very serious blow.
I'm sure the value of the Laker brand is pretty important to Jim, and Jeannie as well. I don't see that they have any choice but to overhaul the coaching staff as soon as this season is over. New and promising players, new coach, new beginning is about the best argument they have for pulling in more talent. Not that its a convincing argument.
Are these young players professional enough to be stars in the NBA?

Not providing just a minimal amount of respect and effort will be detrimental to DLO, JC and Randle (supposedly the cornerstones of the new Lakers). The Laker brass, along with the other 29 NBA teams, are watching these players play.

don't know the answer to this question - would you trust either DLO, JC and/or Randle as the "Face" of the Lakers?

Byron was the coach when they lost by 48 points and when they beat the Warriors. Is he the worst or best?

DLO, JC and Randle wasn't interviewed on television.

What players were in somebody's face to stop being embarrassed on the court - whether or not they like or dislike Byron, its their careers.
You could have asked the same of Byron's 2009 Hornets who lost by 55 points in the playoffs. But I think CP3, Tyson Chandler, and David West went on to have pretty decent careers. Byron on the other hand...
Always respect your opinions

Only CP3 has achieved success that the Lakers are hoping will come from DLO, JC and/or Randle. CP3 (and also Kyrie) have displayed many more fleeting examples of evidence that they are elite leaders and PGs during their rookie seasons under Byron's system.

Chandler and West have had long careers as role players that DLO/JC/Randle will be at the minimum.

John Ireland shared that changing HCs every two years is not conducive to success. His point or question is at what point are the players accountable. One could say the system (that surprisingly beat the Spurs and runned much better with Huertsas) or Byron's attitude.

Look forward to learning which HCs would be willing to coach a very young team and what would have been different
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
K28 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
this team is regressing

They showed some life since the All Star break, and I was actually worried about the tank being affected....but I now see no such cause for alarm.

Something happened to this team since they came home and started their season ending home stand. Maybe it's the KFT, but they've all packed it in and ready to start their vacation.

The key moment was the return of Lou, which was combined with BS giving extended minutes for the bench again.

THIS, THIS SO MUCH

The young kids were in a good run, they beat the warriors and the magic, competed against the cavs, even with kobe back, and then lou came back and the team went downhill, cause byron doesnt have a clue on how to manage rotations. Also, since byron stopped playing swag and inserted metta, we've been worse as well.

correlation does not equal causation, but I'll be damned if this doesn't seem like the truth of the matter.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
K28 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
this team is regressing

THIS, THIS SO MUCH

correlation does not equal causation, but I'll be damned if this doesn't seem like the truth of the matter.
Bryon wanted to play Anthony Brown

Since Swaggy wasn't hitting shots and not playing D, Byron had little choice except MWP or Kelly - since both can miss shots, but they do play more D.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: