Scottie Pippen says Bulls would sweep Warriors
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Scottie Pippen says Bulls would sweep Warriors

Honestly my favorite matchup in this series would be Rodman vs Draymond. Would be WWE levels of epic
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Scottie Pippen says Bulls would sweep Warriors

22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE2QmrCmeFQ

Honestly my favorite matchup in this series would be Rodman vs Draymond. Would be WWE levels of epic

I don't know about a sweep, but I would favor the Bulls. The only team of recent memory that I would think could be able to sweep this Golden State team would be the 01 Lakers.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

No team would be able to sweep this Warriors team. We're talking about arguably the best NBA team ever. Win a 7 game series?Sure. Win 1 game? Sure. But sweep? Please.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

Old timers will always tell you that because they want to maintain the perception that "the best team was in my era".

I'd reckon the '01 lakers could beat those 90s bulls, but it is what it is. GSW still gets very little respect these days.. especially with bitter guys like Chuck who never won anything and they blame it on jordan (well actually jordan did stop em from winning).. anything that threatens someone being better than what jordan did is taboo to a lot of people.

IDC how good your defense is, if steph pulls up from 35ft and just splashes it.. what are you gonna do?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

I think the Bulls could beat them depending on the rules

That Bulls team was versatile w/Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman plus Harper and a rotating door of bigs.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

The level of disrespect the Warriors get is truly pathetic. These dudes are coming off as old, bitter (female dogs)!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I do think the Warriors are getting overlooked a lot.

I could easily see the Bulls beating them in a series, and I could also easily see them losing it too.

But of course Scottie is gonna say that, he's Scottie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Still believe that the Shaq+Kobe Lakers would easily dispatch the current Warriors. I believe the 95-96 Bulls would as well. It all comes down to defense.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
No team would be able to sweep this Warriors team. We're talking about arguably the best NBA team ever. Win a 7 game series?Sure. Win 1 game? Sure. But sweep? Please.

Hold your horses. These guys haven't even started the playoffs and you are declaring them the best ever?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Jesus, all these legends need to chill. Enough with the "my era was better" (bleep). I remember when Erving revealed his top 5 and he literally had no one after like the 70's.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Old timers will always tell you that because they want to maintain the perception that "the best team was in my era".

I'd reckon the '01 lakers could beat those 90s bulls, but it is what it is. GSW still gets very little respect these days.. especially with bitter guys like Chuck who never won anything and they blame it on jordan (well actually jordan did stop em from winning).. anything that threatens someone being better than what jordan did is taboo to a lot of people.

IDC how good your defense is, if steph pulls up from 35ft and just splashes it.. what are you gonna do?

Do you think he would do that against a prime Kobe or MJ?

The toughest guy he plays against today is CP3, who has won 5 NBA defensive first team player awards.
MJ and Kobe both won 9 NBA first team defensive awards, I think he would have a much tougher time against either of them.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Hold your horses. These guys haven't even started the playoffs and you are declaring them the best ever?

Arguably, yeah. They're on pace to break the single season win record. So it's a valid argument.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Jesus, all these legends need to chill. Enough with the "my era was better" (bleep). I remember when Erving revealed his top 5 and he literally had no one after like the 70's.

I agree. The young and old each look at it from their own rose colored glasses.

My problem is that if people are asking the older set what do they think about an old team versus (flavor of the month), be prepared to taste some saltiness.

What old guy is going to say, "yeah, that new team would just wipe the floor with us and kick our sorry asses."

No one.

Bye.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

You can't really say. Different era. Under what rules would they play in? If it's today's rules, Golden State easily. Bulls starting 5 will be in foul trouble by the end of the first quarter and they won't be able to adjust to the zone defense.

90's rules, Bulls would win.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

No way.

The Warriors team and Bulls team actually match up remarkably well in all facets. Even coaching where the Bulls usually had a big edge, they'd have great insight in most of Jackson's strategy as Kerr would know having played for him.

It is fantasy, and while I agree with Pippen he and MJ would give Klay/Steph a nightmare defensively, it would be a very close fought 6 or 7 game series.

I think I go with Bulls in 6 if they have HCA, and Warriors in 7 if GST has HCA.

I actually think the team that has the best chance at steam rolling the Warriors is our 2009 Lakers team. We had the athleticism with Ariza/Lamar/Pau all in prime to match up with their speed. We had Kobe playing at Curry's level. The Warriors biggest weaknesses when exposed were against the Grizzlies and Cavs last year with their bigs having big games against them. With Pau in prime/peak, Lamar, Trevor, Kobe ... guys like Shannon off the bench we just had the type of ability play at that tempo and also score inside with ease. We matched their IQ and unselfishness with ball movement. In contrast the Bulls I think had no inside weapon and wouldn't feast on the Warriors biggest weakness (interior, size).
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
You can't really say. Different era. Under what rules would they play in? If it's today's rules, Golden State easily. Bulls starting 5 will be in foul trouble by the end of the first quarter and they won't be able to adjust to the zone defense.

90's rules, Bulls would win.

This is probably the most succinct statement about MJ's Bulls vs Curry's GSW. If GSW had to play in the 80s/90s, a lot of them would be beaten to a pulp.

Steve Kerr even said that about on Curry 2/2016:
"He was undersized but the league had changed already. You can't hand-check anymore, it's all speed and skill. And we were watching Steve Nash at the same size, basically, become the MVP 2 times in a row. Why can't this kid [Curry] do the same thing? I think the questions about Steph were mainly about size and strength. To us, if this had been 15 years ago, maybe that would've been a problem. But you can't touch anybody anymore in the NBA or it's a foul and that works to his advantage."

The no-handchecking & no-impeding rules were fully implemented (in their current form) after the 2003 season if memory serves.

Curry couldn't take the beating that was administered nightly back then, and it's doubtful Klay could either.

However, if you played under the current rules, GSW probably has an advantage with their superior 3pt shooting at 4 positions - the MJ Bulls couldn't match that.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I think this Warriors team would beat any team in a 7 game series. Pippen as great as he was defensively would not be able to consistently get through those screens to defend Steph. It's the same with Jordan defensively defending Klay. The Bulls weren't a great 3pt shooting team. I'd take the Warriors in 6.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Wait, so let me get this straight, they couldn't sweep any of their Finals opponents but they're going to sweep a team that's about to defecate all over their 72 win record? Yeah, makes total sense.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Wait, so let me get this straight, they couldn't sweep any of their Finals opponents but they're going to sweep a team that's about to defecate all over their 72 win record? Yeah, makes total sense.

Yeah the 96 Supersonics took 2 games from the Bulls in the Finals. Fine with Scottie thinking they'd win a series but they're not sweeping.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject:

If you listen to old players, the NBA has been getting progressively worse since the '50s. Anyway, as someone said, the matchup would depend on which rules were used.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If you listen to old players, the NBA has been getting progressively worse since the '50s. Anyway, as someone said, the matchup would depend on which rules were used.

The only problem with the NBA, besides how soft they want you to play now, is that David Stern created too many teams. They need to get rid of some of them and the competition level will rise back to what its was in the 80's/90s.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I agree
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject:

That illegal defense rule makes a huge difference in how teams are built.

Midrange game becomes so much more important. Single player mismatch was such an important element to the game.

Shaq drew so many illegal defenses and was so dominant they had to change the rules. Jordan just abused people in the mid post. Kobe would have done the same but had to evolve (think of the extra play making and 3 ball shooting vs. Jordan).

Those rules would favor the Bulls. But they would favor the shaq Kobe lakers even more.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

While the older generations have been accused of full of themselves, I think those thinking of the 2016 better than the bulls of 90s and lakers of 2000s are also full of themselves.

Regardless of the rules, the Bulls of 90s n Lakers of 2001 would sweep the current Warriors. If you can't touch players without getting called, who would stand against Shaq n Kobe alone? You think Pistons won because Kobe was treated with current no touch rules? LMAO.

And guess how many offensive rebounds Rodman would have against what? Green? Lmao.

Both Bulls n Lakers would force the Warriors to play half court games. People just forget bulls and Lakers were great defensively if they needed be. Offensively, they would just grind the warriors methodically.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Lol. So this Warrior would have the same record if they had played, say, in 90s and early 2000s? Or during the almost threepeat of 2008 thru 2010?

Yeah. Makes total sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: