Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I can remember when MJST used to shill for Luke. Back in the good ole days when Randle started unconditionally and NetRTG was rightfully considered not important.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
tox wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't know guys, I think some are really too hard on Luke. The team is playing good basketball on the road. The Knicks team they faced isn't some joke. They may be missing their second best player, but at home, they've been one of the best home teams in the league this year. We played them straight up and even on a night where Porzingis was having an even better than usual night.

This is a really young team. I'm seeing some progress. As in the young players are starting to play better and better. Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma. Isn't that part of Luke's job as well? To get the young players to play better. Some have forgotten how the young players performed and were used by Byron Scott.

The last three games have been encouraging. I'll take 2-1 on the road.

well.. considering this was our best bet to win another game in this brutal december its's kinda dissapointing

I am OK with 2-1 on the road with the other loss in OT.

Team is showing a lot more competitiveness this year, not many complete blowout losses.

We're going 3-1. Bron is going to throw his future team a bone tonight!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
tox wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't know guys, I think some are really too hard on Luke. The team is playing good basketball on the road. The Knicks team they faced isn't some joke. They may be missing their second best player, but at home, they've been one of the best home teams in the league this year. We played them straight up and even on a night where Porzingis was having an even better than usual night.

This is a really young team. I'm seeing some progress. As in the young players are starting to play better and better. Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma. Isn't that part of Luke's job as well? To get the young players to play better. Some have forgotten how the young players performed and were used by Byron Scott.

well.. considering this was our best bet to win another game in this brutal december its's kinda dissapointing

Team is showing a lot more competitiveness this year, not many complete blowout losses.

This. Other teams knew that if you played last year's squad tough, they would crumble and stop competing. This year they almost never get blown out and are in almost all of the games till the end. Big improvement.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Luke is hard on Kuz. Gives LNJ props for his rebounding. Says Kuz needs to know what shot is a good one. LNJ can't hit the side of a battleship.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Play. Julius. Randle. You. Hippie. Tweener.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
tox wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

This. Other teams knew that if you played last year's squad tough, they would crumble and stop competing. This year they almost never get blown out and are in almost all of the games till the end. Big improvement.

In January, some of these close loses probably start turning into close wins
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
Luke is hard on Kuz. Gives LNJ props for his rebounding. Says Kuz needs to know what shot is a good one. LNJ can't hit the side of a battleship.

I'd rather have Kuz taking bad shots than Nance airballing wide open shots in the perimeter.

This coach really doesn't get it. Kuz would be passing more especially to Ingram if they can grow together and build chemistry in the starting lineup including Zo. We have a rare opportunity to homegrow our own big 3 and this coach insists on playing his favorite role player.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

Luke is so gone next season. Luke is taking a page on how to (bleep) on your best player while playing with your favorites even at the expense of your team.

Byron digging on DLO, now Luke digging on Kuzma. There seems to be this pattern to over-control on how certain players play, especially great young scorers like DLO and Kuzma.

Unless you’re a 8-10 year vet like Lou Will and Lopez who made a career out of playing one side of the court, then everything THEY do is all fine and dandy.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

Despite Luke’s efforts to neuter Kuz or teach him lessons, it’s still pretty remarkable that Kuz manages to get 20. Not easy to do lol.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I thought Kuz did take quite a few bad shots. No comment on LNJ.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

He did, for sure. There have been other games where Luke has gone overboard with lessons. Sometimes, we just need the guy’s scoring. I get it though, they are trying to get away from the Lou Williams offense, which is what the clippers are currently running.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

Despite Luke’s efforts to neuter Kuz or teach him lessons, it’s still pretty remarkable that Kuz manages to get 20. Not easy to do lol.

And the amount of rage of every little mistake rookie Kuzma makes, vs the so-called vets like Lopez who are supposed to lead this team, (bleep) the freaking bed on both sides of the court and hardly anyone, especially Luke, makes a damn sound about it.

It’s like someone like Kuzma needs to play like Kawhi Leonard every game in order to fight for one or two more minutes per game. Everybody else? Nah it’s ok. Continue missing and bricking open shots from inside and out and we’ll also even ignore missed defensive assignments, because Kuzma will be looked out on a microscope 24/7. One mistake and it’s a big no-no sir!

Rookie/2nd year Kobe would have never got off the ground here with this current coaching staff and fan base.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
tox wrote:

He did, for sure. There have been other games where Luke has gone overboard with lessons. Sometimes, we just need the guy’s scoring. I get it though, they are trying to get away from the Lou Williams offense, which is what the clippers are currently running.

Except Luke relied on Lou’s scoring last year as well before he got traded. Never gave Lou (bleep) for his defense either.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

I don't think Luke's trying to neuter Kuz at all

A bad shot is effectively the same as a turnover. They're trying real hard to eliminate all the turnovers.
Kuz has a tendency to make dumb turnovers, especially late in games, and take very questionable shots.

I suspect that lesson will eventually sink in, and then Kuz will be starting again.

I don't see any evidence that they want to slow down Kuz's scoring at all - they just want him to make better decisions.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

A bad shot is effectively the same as a turnover. They're trying real hard to eliminate all the turnovers.
Kuz has a tendency to make dumb turnovers, especially late in games, and take very questionable shots.

I suspect that lesson will eventually sink in, and then Kuz will be starting again.

I don't see any evidence that they want to slow down Kuz's scoring at all - they just want him to make better decisions.

Yup exactly.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

So Ingram and Lopez take bad shots and it’s all fine and dandy then?

It would be great if Luke actually has accountably like this and was THIS consistent with everybody else, but he’s not. He picks and chooses his favorites, just like Byron Scott did. And as a result, we got rid of one.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Luke doesn’t know how to develop young players. This isnt a play off team. kuz should be allowed to test his limits and continue to grow. luke is is just instilling doubt instead of confidence in his rookies.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
P.K. wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

you're confusing bad shots with missed shots
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

We keep losing close games especially in the 4th quarter.

I think thats the problem with having the starting lineup different from the one that finishes games. Does the Ball-JC-BI-Kuz-Randle lineup get enough time playing together at practice? Might be the reason we keep on turning the ball over and guys not finding one another and looking lost late in games
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Megaton wrote:
P.K. wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Ugh did he really

you're confusing bad shots with missed shots

Except those two in particular, mostly Lopez now, have taken many bad shots. Are we just gonna conveniently forget how bad Ingram was to start this season and how much he was getting crapped on here for it? (And rightfully so)

What shots did Kuzma take here this game that was considered bad? That shots he missed are usually shots he made and were pretty good shots. You’re acting like Kuzma pulled a bunch of 35 footers.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Every center we seem to acquire (with the exception of Tarik Black) hasn't transitioned well here from Roy Hibbert and now Brook Lopez.

Is Luke trying to make Brook something he isn't? Atkinson got good productivity out of this guy and this struggle in less than a year is a head scratcher.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Luke doesn’t know how to develop young players. This isnt a play off team. kuz should be allowed to test his limits and continue to grow. luke is is just instilling doubt instead of confidence in his rookies.

I don't know how you can say Luke doesn't know how to develop players when Lonzo/Kuzma are on track to make 1st Team All Rookie, Ingram has improved every month of his career, and Randle is playing his best ball ever so far. Not to mention Hart made his first ever start tonight and logged a double-double.

Our young players are coming along nicely, but they're still not good enough to beat veteran playoff teams, let alone championship caliber ones on the road. Don't let your hatred for Luke blind you to the good things he's accomplished thus far.

Last edited by AC Green's V-Card on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I don't know how you can say Luke doesn't know how to develop players when Lonzo/Kuzma are on track to make 1st Team All Rookie, Ingram has improved every month of his career, and Randle is playing his best ball ever so far. Not to mention Hart made his first ever start tonight and logged a double-double.

Our young players are coming along nicely, but they're still not good enough to beat veteran playoff teams, let alone championship caliber ones on the road. Don't let your hatred for Luke blind you to the good things he's accomplished thus far.

Kuz came in red hot from SL and preseason. i dont see any growth in his offensive game. He is getting stronger and defending better i dont see much coaching there.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:

Come on... Are you serious?
Let Luke COACH. Kuzma does have a poor shot selection right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 445 of 818
Jump to: