Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Good game coach.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Another bad game for Luke. Bad decisions all the way.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

DLO would help this team out so (bleep) much its disgusting. Luke's playbook, which I suspect exists despite ample evidence to the contrary, would be allowed to breathe. (And I'd prefer Young over KCP, but I guess we could not have helped that.)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
DLO would help this team out so (bleep) much its disgusting. Luke's playbook, which I suspect exists despite ample evidence to the contrary, would be allowed to breathe. (And I'd prefer Young over KCP, but I guess we could not have helped that.)

Yea. Dlo would be great for us, icing his knees on the bench.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Thanks for vetoing a shooting coach, Luke. We sure don't need one since we are awesome at hitting fts.

They're overriding him, so we'll have one soon enough.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
you look at another young, first time head coach brought in by another LA team to turn things around, Sean McVay go out and get the old veteran, highly regarded Wade Phillip on his staff, Luke on the other hand surrounds himself with his frat buddies.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Luke is not a bad coach but as childish as this sounds I think he has a bit of an anti talent bias and puts a bit too much emphasis on team play. Understandable given the kind of player he was but at the end of the day you need talent to win. Team play comes secondary and while it is important the most important thing ie getting the talent yo have to flourish.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Rotations issues again late 1st thru mid 2nd quarter.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Frustrating watching a team play so hard and het so poorly.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Not bad to have Lakers to learn to be a coach. I would like to learn my finance job being CEO of Microsoft.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

with Lopez out, i hope we run

ball-kcp-ingram-kuzma-randle
with
clarskon-nance being the first subs at the 4 minute mark (for kcp, randle)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject:

We have lost 8 of our last 10 games.

At what point does it stop being "at least it was close, so we're getting closer" and start being "but can you win?"
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

At what point does it stop being "at least it was close, so we're getting closer" and start being "but can you win?"

One of Magics biggest points of emphasis this summer was winning these close games... he can't be happy, and we know he's not opposed to putting appropriate blame on Luke..
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
The decision not to bring in a shooting coach is going to be his demise and Magics excuse to move elsewhere. And to be honest, he kind of deserves it.

Luke is probably gone end of year.

blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
The decision not to bring in a shooting coach is going to be his demise and Magics excuse to move elsewhere. And to be honest, he kind of deserves it.

Luke is probably gone end of year.

I actually think that Magic and Rob will have his replacement in mind during the summer. But they will start next season with him. See how it will end up first lets say 15 games and than make a decision. Especially if you have 2 FA signed which I doubt.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject:

Again, what position does Luke play?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Again, what position does Luke play?

The most important one. Head Coach.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

We've lost 8 of 10.

If Luke's excuse keeps being and the mentality he keeps spreading is "Well we competed, so be proud about that." Then that's precisely what the guys are going to think. That 'just competing' is acceptable this year, and that if they just keep it close, things are fine.

For all LaVar has said, he's right when he talks about Luke's attitude towards losing.

If we have a close game, Luke's reasoning rather than looking at the things he did wrong is going "well we competed so I'm proud of our guys."

Yeah but all that matters is the record that says we've lost 8 of our last 10 games. No matter how "close" they were, they were winnable and we didn't win them.

But Luke keeps treating these 'moral victories' like they're acceptable. NO form of loss should be acceptable.

We've heard for 3 weeks now "well I'm glad we competed, it just means we're getting closer and closer" Yet here we are losing 8 of our last 10. It ain't "closer and closer" it's stagnant at "doing just enough to lose."

This is a problem if this is the mentality you keep spreading in the Locker Room cause your players will echo it too. Tonight I heard Ingram saying the same thing Luke says about 'being proud we competed even though we lost'.

That's not a good mentality to have or let spread around.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

One of Magics biggest points of emphasis this summer was winning these close games... he can't be happy, and we know he's not opposed to putting appropriate blame on Luke..

A group of 20-21 yr olds losing close Games isn’t too shocking
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

luke should have called a timeout at the end in OT.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
luke should have called a timeout at the end in OT.

He didn't have a timeout left. they used it so BI could put his shoe back on.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We've lost 8 of 10.

If Luke's excuse keeps being and the mentality he keeps spreading is "Well we competed, so be proud about that." Then that's precisely what the guys are going to think. That 'just competing' is acceptable this year, and that if they just keep it close, things are fine.

For all LaVar has said, he's right when he talks about Luke's attitude towards losing.

If we have a close game, Luke's reasoning rather than looking at the things he did wrong is going "well we competed so I'm proud of our guys."

Yeah but all that matters is the record that says we've lost 8 of our last 10 games. No matter how "close" they were, they were winnable and we didn't win them.

But Luke keeps treating these 'moral victories' like they're acceptable. NO form of loss should be acceptable.

We've heard for 3 weeks now "well I'm glad we competed, it just means we're getting closer and closer" Yet here we are losing 8 of our last 10. It ain't "closer and closer" it's stagnant at "doing just enough to lose."

This is a problem if this is the mentality you keep spreading in the Locker Room cause your players will echo it too. Tonight I heard Ingram saying the same thing Luke says about 'being proud we competed even though we lost'.

He's handling the media and not throwing young kids under the bus. And we should be proud of the kids-- last years, we were getting BLOWN out. Games were hardly competitive. Now we've got an identity, we're playing hard, and we're challenging the top teams in the NBA.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
We've lost 8 of 10.

He's handling the media and not throwing young kids under the bus. And we should be proud of the kids-- last years, we were getting BLOWN out. Games were hardly competitive. Now we've got an identity, we're playing hard, and we're challenging the top teams in the NBA.

Competing on a nightly basis is not only a testament to Luke, but also to the young core we have on this team. Magic and Rob put together a group of young kids with lots of heart and lots to play for.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
We've lost 8 of 10.

Competing on a nightly basis is not only a testament to Luke, but also to the young core we have on this team. Magic and Rob put together a group of young kids with lots of heart and lots to play for.

We don't have a go-to-guy on our team. That's what a super star for and we don't have that kind of player right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

When we get solid NBA talent?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 449 of 818
Jump to: