Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

Great decision to keep Kuz and LNJ until the end. They were by far the best bigs this game. Finally some good decision by Luke.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

Back up to 11th in defensive efficiency
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

What's with Luke's fascination for LNJ? Every chance he gets, he's singling him out and giving him high praise. There was a point he didn't wanna take him outta starting unit.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

That Loponzo Effect.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
What's with Luke's fascination for LNJ? Every chance he gets, he's singling him out and giving him high praise. There was a point he didn't wanna take him outta starting unit.

You must not have watched yesterday. Nance always plays hard and is usually in the right spots doing the right things. That’s probably the reason analytics love him. He’s very valuable and I hope we don’t trade him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Yes, Nance is a lot like Luke was, not very talented but smart enough to realize it. Good role player to have around.
KoreanKobra
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

interesting, Brian Windhorst phoned into the Rich Eisen Show and talked about how Magic/Pelinka don't have Luke's back AND speculated that LeBron is coming and bringing David Fizdale to be the coach. Again. Windhorst's opinion.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

KoreanKobra wrote:
interesting, Brian Windhorst phoned into the Rich Eisen Show and talked about how Magic/Pelinka don't have Luke's back AND speculated that LeBron is coming and bringing David Fizdale to be the coach. Again. Windhorst's opinion.

I'm sure that'll be up on YouTube soon or I'll check twitter to confirm. But.... Bron coming here is back on as a possibility if Zo/BI keep shooting well. Ya.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
defense wrote:

That Loponzo Effect.

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't that long ago that Windhorst said the Lakers are a long shot to even get Bron. I guess that 9 game losing streak and all of the LaVar drama made Bron change his mind?
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Just heard the Windhorst bite on Mason and Ireland.

He told the Rich Eisen show that the Lakers not backing Luke after Lavar's comments shows they don't have Luke's back.

He also said many people within the NBA are wondering who the next Laker coach will be. Mentioned David Fizdale to replace Luke.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

It's no secret that Lebron likes Fizdale a lot. I'm sure Magic likes Fiz too, since Fiz is an LA guy and more importantly from the Pat Riley coaching tree. I'm not sure if Magic & Jeanie will be okay with pushing Luke out the door because Lebron wants him out, although this is a business. And I know Luke is like a son to Jeanie, but it's not like he won't be getting paid if he was let go. Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see I guess.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Windhorst doesnt know s#!t Jeanie is final say, and shes spoken up for him plenty
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

KoreanKobra wrote:

This is news now. Lmao. ESPN generates fake controversy and plays it up show after show and then some talking head cites unnamed sources and executives to try to drive up the clicks and listens even more.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Such a clown show. Also don't understand how Windhorst has this scoop (I would say this a big story?) and decides, hey, I'm gonna go on a radio show from another network and casually suggest Luke's getting fired, and Lebron is coming to LA and choosing Fizdale as his coach? Seems really weird.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

So I went to look up David Fizdale and the first thing to pop up was him and his wife. So I said okay Google, let's see what's going on here. It doesn't seem like she would feel out of place in a city like Los Angeles.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/22/lets-meet-memphis-grizzlies-coach-david-fizdales-wife-natasha-sen-fizdale-pics/#7

Am I right Phil? 😁
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

One thing Fizdale got going for him.

His wife is FINE! haha
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

LeBron telling Lakers to hire Fizdale via his mouthpiece Windhorst.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

This is pretty bad. Personally, I don't think Luke's job is on the line at all, but the FO made a huge mistake by not lending public support of Luke as soon as LaVar's comments surfaced about him supposedly losing the team. By all accounts, they did so privately, but as Windhorst pointed out, not doing it publicly has generated speculation around the league. This is probably yet another misstep that stems from the collective inexperience that's overseeing things in the new FO.

If they're really behind Luke they don't have a choice but to release some kind of official statement now. The buck has to stop here before it gets worse. PR nightmare lately. Ugh.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I'm not sure if Magic & Jeanie will be okay with pushing Luke out the door because Lebron wants him out

You're kidding, right AFI ?
VanderBlue'sJersey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
So I went to look up David Fizdale and the first thing to pop up was him and his wife. So I said okay Google, let's see what's going on here. It doesn't seem like she would feel out of place in a city like Los Angeles.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/22/lets-meet-memphis-grizzlies-coach-david-fizdales-wife-natasha-sen-fizdale-pics/#7

Am I right Phil? 😁

Take that for data!!!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Maybe they did want to put Luke on the hot seat by not backing him in public.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
This is pretty bad. Personally, I don't think Luke's job is on the line at all, but the FO made a huge mistake by not lending public support of Luke as soon as LaVar's comments surfaced about him supposedly losing the team. By all accounts, they did so privately, but as Windhorst pointed out, not doing it publicly has generated speculation around the league. This is probably yet another misstep that stems from the collective inexperience that's overseeing things in the new FO.

If they're really behind Luke they don't have a choice but to release some kind of official statement now. The buck has to stop here before it gets worse. PR nightmare lately. Ugh.

BS. Public support means almost nothing. The number of coaches who have been fired almost immediately after they got public support from the FO is quite long. It happened a few years ago for us with Mike Brown. Hell, not just coaches, CEOs and other executives in other industries have faced the same.

Lavar's comments weren't that bad. ESPN took a quote out of context and ran with it and hammered it home on every show they had. I've been openly critical of Luke, but no way any of this means anything beyond ESPN trying to keep themselves relevant by generating fake controversy.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I am still on board with trying to fast follow the success of the Golden State Warriors with a faster younger team. What does Luke Walton need to compete with the GSW should be the question at this point. How do we compete with them in a playoff series. Changing the coaching staff makes no sense in trying to defeat the Warriors. Has Fizdale been successful in defeating the GSWs? Forget the Celtics, Forget the Rockets... The Lakers need to find a way to compete with the Warriors.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 495 of 818
Jump to: