Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Luke is doing poorly, but the suspensions and now Rondo's injury may help him get out of his own way in terms of personnel usage. Sometimes having too many options is a detriment to team performance if you're throwing out lineups by the seat of your pants. So let's hope Luke gains some clarity soon.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
I don't think Luke is doing poorly, but the suspensions and now Rondo's injury may help him get out of his own way in terms of personnel usage. Sometimes having too many options is a detriment to team performance if you're throwing out lineups by the seat of your pants. So let's hope Luke gains some clarity soon.

there's some truth to this. you're trying to satisfy everyone and then everyone ends up dissatisfied.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25283082/why-boston-celtics-offense-broken-nba

What a moron of a writer. Doesn't he know that Coach Brad is perfect and their offense is perfect? Actions!
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25283082/why-boston-celtics-offense-broken-nba

What a moron of a writer. Doesn't he know that Coach Brad is perfect and their offense is perfect? Actions!

The writer must have mistakingly put in Celtic pictures and the wrong coach's name.

Silly writer, he should have went on twitter to grab all his information.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
epak wrote:

The writer must have mistakingly put in Celtic pictures and the wrong coach's name.

Silly writer, he should have went on twitter to grab all his information.
With all of the amazing deals/steals that Ainge has managed, it seems hard to believe that the Celtics are having such issues.

--Anonymous
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

there's some truth to this. you're trying to satisfy everyone and then everyone ends up dissatisfied.

Well put. Look at Budenholzer in Milwaukee. He benched Thon Maker almost completely and empowered his perimeter players and Henson. Maker has ALOT of upside to just ignore. But Bud bit the bullet and X'd him out of the rotation for the team's greater good. Luke could never do something like that. Maybe the injury will help him tighten the rotation and empower certain players.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Well put. Look at Budenholzer in Milwaukee. He benched Thon Maker almost completely and empowered his perimeter players and Henson. Maker has ALOT of upside to just ignore. But Bud bit the bullet and X'd him out of the rotation for the team's greater good. Luke could never do something like that. Maybe the injury will help him tighten the rotation and empower certain players.

There’s nobody on this team as raw as Thon Maker lol, stop reaching. If this team had an nba caliber backup center from the jump, they’d be second in the west right now, maybe even first. There’s a reason why they haven’t lost a game since getting Chandler, and is more so about what the team was missing rather than Chandler’s greatness. If they were 11-3 or 12-2 right now, nobody would be talking about Luke being in the hot seat. Maginka have done a lot of good since taking over, but they really dropped the ball on that one, at least they corrected it early.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:

There’s nobody on this team as raw as Thon Maker lol, stop reaching. If this team had an nba caliber backup center from the jump, they’d be second in the west right now, maybe even first. There’s a reason why they haven’t lost a game since getting Chandler, and is more so about what the team was missing rather than Chandler’s greatness. If they were 11-3 or 12-2 right now, nobody would be talking about Luke being in the hot seat. Maginka have done a lot of good since taking over, but they really dropped the ball on that one, at least they corrected it early.

Zubac. Williams.
I've been one of Luke's biggest defenders in this thread. So spare me the lecture. lol
You're preaching to the choir. I'm happy we have him. Still don't think he's as good as Bud. But still happy he's our coach.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"I’m gonna be a little more aggressive on rewarding guys who are playing the way we want to play. Fast, hard on defense, sharing the ball and I'm gonna be a little more aggressive on yanking guys out that I feel aren't doing those things"

If there was a stipulation that Luke Walton had to follow this quote 100% we wouldn't have a single forward getting minutes.

Kuzma is out cause he doesn't play defense or share the ball

Ingram is out because he doesn't play fast or share the ball in the instances where he gets tunnel vision.

Lebron doesn't play defense.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

Zubac. Williams.
I've been one of Luke's biggest defenders in this thread. So spare me the lecture. lol
You're preaching to the choir. I'm happy we have him. Still don't think he's as good as Bud. But still happy he's our coach.

You realize I was replying to your comment that Luke would never have the balls to eliminate someone like Thon Maker from the rotation? I point out that nobody on this team is as raw as him, and then you give examples of two guys who aren’t playing at all? Do you see the contradiction here?

Not trying to lecture you, just pointing out something that doesn’t really apply.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

Zubac. Williams.

You realize I was replying to your comment that Luke would never have the balls to eliminate someone like Thon Maker from the rotation? I point out that nobody on this team is as raw as him, and then you give examples of two guys who aren’t playing at all? Do you see the contradiction here?

Not trying to lecture you, just pointing out something that doesn’t really apply.

Not playing at all... anymore. Do you see the contradiction here?

If you want to die on a hill saying Thon Maker is far worse than the minutes Luke gave Zubac and Williams. Feel free. But I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:
"I’m gonna be a little more aggressive on rewarding guys who are playing the way we want to play. Fast, hard on defense, sharing the ball and I'm gonna be a little more aggressive on yanking guys out that I feel aren't doing those things"

If there was a stipulation that Luke Walton had to follow this quote 100% we wouldn't have a single forward getting minutes.

Kuzma is out cause he doesn't play defense or share the ball

Ingram is out because he doesn't play fast or share the ball in the instances where he gets tunnel vision.

Lebron doesn't play defense.

That's just coach talk. Lebron could dookie in his lunch and he wouldn't bench him. Coaches like every other human being has their favorites. They also understand that there are certain guys they can bench who will respond and certain guys if they bench will rebel or self destruct.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

He, he is just preparing the ground to bench golden boy Kuzma.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

Zubac. Williams.

If you want to die on a hill saying Thon Maker is far worse than the minutes Luke gave Zubac and Williams. Feel free. But I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Dude, you do realize that Macgee can’t play 48 mpg and that we were getting killed with the small lineup which is the only reason why Zu and Williams saw any kind of playing time right? Are you trolling or something?
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

Zubac. Williams.

Dude, you do realize that Macgee can’t play 48 mpg and that we were getting killed with the small lineup which is the only reason why Zu and Williams saw any kind of playing time right? Are you trolling or something?

It's amazing what people pin on Luke. Luke went small ball before even attempting to play those guys.

Luke would not play Thon. Luke hasn't played Moe and Moe is already a better player than Thon is.

I don't get it. I was here the the Phil, Rudy T, Mike Brown, Pringles and Scott days and I don't remember any of them getting picked apart like how Luke is.

Phil doesn't use time outs and it's him teaching lessons. Luke doesn't call a time out and he's in over his head.

Pop puts in a 5 new players 5 minutes into the game because the starters stink and he's laying the hammer down. Luke trying to find any resemblance of a back up big and he doesn't know how to create line ups.

Lebron's user rating and minutes are down, his stats are still the same but Luke still doesn't have an offensive scheme. They said all we do is run and gun with no half court sets. We should be putting up 80 fast break points every game then.

In a selfish way, I want to see us lose today. This thread needs more action and I want to see what people come up with. I'm pretty sure someone is going to pull up stats on his attire. "Luke needs to wear black shoes, when he does the team is above .500! Stupid Luke!"
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

What i like Luke the most, ironically is what people question him the most, is his creativity with the lineup. I thought Kuzma was not build to play the center position, Luke tried and he failed. I never thought Hart could play the PF position. Luke tried and actually it was not as bad as I assumed. People thought he just throw people in randomly without logic. The reality is if Kuzma can play center, we would have a killer lineup, he should try it (he also had to because we don’t have a qualified backup center anyway). He didnt try to play KCP or Stephenson at PF because he believed Hart has the strong base to defend bigger player and that was the right evaluation.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Luke already throwing the towel at the end of the 3rd quarter? No confidence in his team to make a comeback? Okie dokie.

Also what’s up with the small ball lineups?

Not just Kuzma, but he’s got Ingram playing center?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Luke already throwing the towel at the end of the 3rd quarter? No confidence in his team to make a comeback? Okie dokie.

Game is beyond reach, rest the guys for tomorrow
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Ingram playing center is hilarious. I hope we can finally be done with this madness.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

we win in spite of Luke
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Luke is a bad coach.

No offensive system other then running some plays
No defensive system

He needs to be fired
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

No system. No defense. No identity.

Bye bye (bleep). Go running back to GsW
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Infatuation with small ball is going to get him fired. 36/13 for a guy like vucecic

Smh
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

needs to go...i mean, sure, orlando has been playing relatively well, but the lakers didn't adjust after the 1st quarter...

sad thing is, are there ANY viable replacements at this point?

Last edited by dino on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

No way Luke makes it past this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 626 of 818
Jump to: