Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bring in Fred Hoiberg for his offense, before Minnesota snags him X_X

There's also David Blatt and Ettore Messina. But for Messina I'd want him to be head coach.

Then again I doubt Blatt wants to deal with LeBron again.

I can't believe you framed it that way instead of the other way around.

FWIW. Lebron wouldn't respect most of the coaches mentioned in this thread. Luke's won chips as a player and as an assistant coach. His championship pedigree is why Lebron can coexist with him. Like he did with Lue.
What's a coach who's never won a chip gonna teach Lebron?
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
MJST wrote:

There's also David Blatt and Ettore Messina. But for Messina I'd want him to be head coach.

FWIW. Lebron wouldn't respect most of the coaches mentioned in this thread. Luke's won chips as a player and as an assistant coach. His championship pedigree is why Lebron can coexist with him. Like he did with Lue.

C'mon, man. Luke basically won his rings as a player and coach by barely contributing anything. I doubt LeBron has huge respect for his championships. Let's be honest here.
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Time to complete the cycle.

From MJ to Kobe to now Lebron. Phil please come save us. Luke Walton is terrible. I cannot stand his lineups and timeout management. Never puts things on himself.

His excuses are laughable as well. Almost reminds me of Arsene Wenger when he was with Arsenal saying things like "we came out a bit jaded" "we got unlucky" "We can't throw money around like the oil clubs".
Never forget Luke Walton's infamous "I was trying to get him back in" after benching a Lonzo Ball that was having a good game.

Dude is a clown. Please I can't wait until the end of the season.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Time to complete the cycle.

From MJ to Kobe to now Lebron. Phil please come save us. Luke Walton is terrible. I cannot stand his lineups and timeout management. Never puts things on himself.

His excuses are laughable as well. Almost reminds me of Arsene Wenger when he was with Arsenal saying things like "we came out a bit jaded" "we got unlucky" "We can't throw money around like the oil clubs".
Never forget Luke Walton's infamous "I was trying to get him back in" after benching a Lonzo Ball that was having a good game.

Dude is a clown. Please I can't wait until the end of the season.

Phil can hardly travel. He is not equipped to be a full-time head coach anymore. It's too much for him physically.

Implementing the triangle, he needs Tex. Tex has passed, RIP. It takes a considerable amount of time. We don't have that. Lastly, if you are worried about time outs, Phil is the master of not calling them and letting players play it out.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't get how Phil Jackson even comes up anymore.

LeBron would never play for Phil and why would Jeanie hire her ex-husband?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Good coach and FO are as important as good players. If our picks haven’t developed into star players, it is not only their fault, but the coach and FO as well.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

I expect some massive changes to be made coming soon.

I am not sure if there is a need to fire Luke just yet. As bad as he is at substitutions and orchestrating an offense for this team, he is liked by players and personnel - and you can see how much influence that has with Thibs just being fired.

IMO, they are going to make some trades and bank on Bron and Rondo coming back healthy and gauging Luke's performance at the end of the season.

Expect BI to be moved, I think well retain KCP for his FT and 3PT shooting. Hart could be expendable as well.

Zo might be kept because of Magic's ego/pride since he went all in on this kid.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
MJST wrote:

Luke was on the ride during championships. Saying he won implies he was valuable.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luke called out both Zo and BI when Trudell asked him about them. He said we need more passion and more fight. Diving for loose balls, communicating loudly.

I wish the people interviewing him would stop the softball questions and when Luke says stuff like that ask him "And how do you explain starting Zubac at the 4 tonight?"
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luke called out both Zo and BI when Trudell asked him about them. He said we need more passion and more fight. Diving for loose balls, communicating loudly.

I wish the people interviewing him would stop the softball questions and when Luke says stuff like that ask him "And how do you explain starting Zubac at the 4 tonight?"

Lakers media is the softest media in the NBA.

Coaches that have actually won and can actually coach get hit with harder questions around the NBA but Luke gets softballs. Not just Luke but the players as well, no one has asked Lonzo how he's a pro NBA player shooting less than 50% from the ft line.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

Trudell is employed by Lakers, Jeannie Buss is the owner of the Lakers, Luke Walton is Jeannie's young version Phil Jackson play toy, you get the picture? the last part was made up, but won't be surprised if true LOL
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

This is an extremely hot take but I think LeBron and Kuz are the only untouchable ones and their "injuries" are just a way for them to play everyone else and evaluate (Luke's coaching, and Ingram + Ball) or boost trade value (KCP/Ingram/Ball).

I think Luke could possibly be gone soon if not by the end of the season. He's a great guy that players probably like to play but he lacks the leadership/command of the locker room. It also doesn't help that his coaching staff is a bunch of his friends who have probably stunted the development of our young guys.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
This is an extremely hot take but I think LeBron and Kuz are the only untouchable ones and their "injuries" are just a way for them to play everyone else and evaluate (Luke's coaching, and Ingram + Ball) or boost trade value (KCP/Ingram/Ball).

I think Luke could possibly be gone soon if not by the end of the season. He's a great guy that players probably like to play but he lacks the leadership/command of the locker room. It also doesn't help that his coaching staff is a bunch of his friends who have probably stunted the development of our young guys.

Oswald did it AND he acted alone
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

Lakers media is the softest media in the NBA.

what about Brez?

Last edited by VicXLakers on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

That would be a good question to see what the thought process was. Have you tried tweeting at Trudell?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

That would be a good question to see what the thought process was. Have you tried tweeting at Trudell?

Would be nice, but would likely be one of the many questions he doesn't ask that fans have tweeted to him about.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:

C'mon, man. Luke basically won his rings as a player and coach by barely contributing anything. I doubt LeBron has huge respect for his championships. Let's be honest here.

CantStopJM wrote:

Luke was on the ride during championships. Saying he won implies he was valuable.

He was a role player. Similar to Kerr and Phil as players on championship teams. Star players from championship teams don't normally make for good coaches.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Ball and Ingram need to be staggered, especially for Ball's sake:

PG - Stephenson - Ball
SG - Pope - Mykhailiuk
C - McGee - Chandler
PF - Beasley - Wagner
SF - Ingram - Hart
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Luke didn't compete hard enough against Thibs and he got fired...step it up Luke
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

BI is actually playing well and then he gets benched for like 8 minutes straight.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
BI is actually playing well and then he gets benched for like 8 minutes straight.

Foul trouble
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Need an LG reality check:
Am i crazy to believe that Luke gets canned if the Lakers come home with another bad loss tonight?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Need an LG reality check:
Am i crazy to believe that Luke gets canned if the Lakers come home with another bad loss tonight?

If we lose again I pray that he gets canned by tomorrow morning. Thibs is 5x the coach Walton is with a way more proven track record yet he got abruptly fired.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
crackadon wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Get rid of Luke and bring in Thibs.

Yikes

Much better coach than Luke. Thibs just as a coach no GM powers is very good. He got screwed by Jimmy Butler becoming a cancer. He's only had 1 season where he finished below .500 while Luke has shown nothing so far.

Yeah, uh, no.

Yeah, uh, yes. I couldnt give a (bleep) less about Luke’s “progressive” hip style when the results are terrible. Thibs might be an old school coach but he has a way better coaching record and gets more out of his players than Pukey
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

This team doesn't do the small things well at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 686 of 818
Jump to: