Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 730, 731, 732 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Lakers were only down 6 when our brilliant coach decided to sub out all the starters near the end of the 3rd. Sat down LeBron, Kuzma, Ingram, McGee and brought in KCP, Lance, Chandler, Muscala.

Sixers then go on an 18-4 run.

Luke then subs LeBron back in when Lakers were already down by 20 (116-96) then waited another 4 mins before bringing his hot player Kuzma back in.

I don’t know what prompted Luke to experiment with that kind of bench lineup on a close game with playoff implications.

This isn’t pre-season! That lineup should only be experimented on when it’s garbage time!
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

We have plays? News to me

Ha poorly designed plays but I get your point. The Lakers can be better with a better X's and O's coach. Ingram was good today and Kuz was shooting lights out.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Luke is genuinely detrimental to this team. Even what little offense we have gets blown apart when players don’t have on-court chemistry due to his insane rotations. How incredibly stupid do you have to be to think that an all bench lineup that struggled hard in the first half was gonna do better against three of their starters? It’s mind-boggling.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Philly is just a much better team. Not really that complicated...Luke's probably gone, but you'll have to wait for the off-season for that.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Anybody catch his post game? I'm wondering if anyone asked him to explain some of his decision making.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Philly is just a much better team. Not really that complicated...Luke's probably gone, but you'll have to wait for the off-season for that.

So are the Celtics and Goldenstate but somehow we manage to beat them.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
When's the last season where we felt our coach did a good job that year.

Phil years.

Which year though? 2010? Last championship year?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

He better figure things out defensively. Don't know how you defend with Rondo and Lebron on the floor together. Add in Kuz if he has to guard bigs, quite a challenge ahead of him.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
When's the last season where we felt our coach did a good job that year.

Phil years.

Which year though? 2010? Last championship year?

Everyone whined about Phil too. Blame the coach, that's the way it goes.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Why wait put b shaw in and see what he can do.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Philly is just a much better team. Not really that complicated....

Instead of falling into the "We would have lost anyway" trap.

Instead, ask yourself, if the Lakers gave themselves the best chances to win this game.

THAT is what Luke should be judged on, not "the other team is just better".
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

At first I was against firing him midseason but then I remembered interim coaches tend to just avoid making the same mistakes as the exiled coach if nothing else.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Real talk, LA has some of softest reporters out there.

Why don't they ask Luke about his terrible rotations? It's always the same (bleep) questions.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
Real talk, LA has some of softest reporters out there.

Why don't they ask Luke about his terrible rotations? It's always the same (bleep) questions.

This. I said the same before. Imagine Luke coaching like this in NY. Their media ran out Phil, they would have no problem running Luke out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't care what the national media narrative is (which is that this isn't his fault). And of course, you can't blame him for all of what's transpired on the court. But if you watch the games, it would be apparent to more people that he's not a good coach.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

That lineup at the end of the 3rd was a disaster. Got to at least have 1 of LeBron, Ingram or Kuz on the floor at all times.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
That lineup at the end of the 3rd was a disaster. Got to at least have 1 of LeBron, Ingram or Kuz on the floor at all times.

4 point defecit, Luke reefed them all. 15 point defecit at the end of the quarter. Game done
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Bol wrote:

4 point defecit, Luke reefed them all. 15 point defecit at the end of the quarter. Game done

What makes it even worse is that, that same lineup minus Muscala is the reason why we almost lost the Celtics game because that idiot started the 4th quarter with them. How hard is it to have Bron or BI on the floor at all times? To make matters even worse, he benches Kuz. A lineup with Rondo, Lance, Tyson and KCP.... you have to be a special type of dumb to even think of a lineup like that.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball @T1m_NBA

Luke, his staff, and his players make the same mistakes repeatedly for months upon months, which is as damning as anything I can say about them. If you can’t learn and grow, you can’t make it in the NBA.

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/1094723273345110021

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
Bol wrote:

What makes it even worse is that, that same lineup minus Muscala is the reason why we almost lost the Celtics game because that idiot started the 4th quarter with them. How hard is it to have Bron or BI on the floor at all times? To make matters even worse, he benches Kuz. A lineup with Rondo, Lance, Tyson and KCP.... you have to be a special type of dumb to even think of a lineup like that.

It makes me think like ... he can't make such poor decisions on purpose. Maybe he really is trying to tank or something? Starters didn't get big minutes, he reefed everybody important out when it counted and inserted them back in when the game was lost (so it wouldn't have 25 minutes next to them on the stat sheet), key personnel were at the Duke game yesterday...
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
Bol wrote:

It makes me think like ... he can't make such poor decisions on purpose. Maybe he really is trying to tank or something? Starters didn't get big minutes, he reefed everybody important out when it counted and inserted them back in when the game was lost (so it wouldn't have 25 minutes next to them on the stat sheet), key personnel were at the Duke game yesterday...

I wouldn't doubt Luke purposely inserting bad lineups because he knows he's gone so why not take the Lakers down with him. That's me giving him the benefit of the doubt. He knows he's good after his firing, he'll get a job on the bench somewhere because the media has already put the narrative out there that he's doing the best he can and that it's not his fault.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
Bol wrote:

I wouldn't doubt Luke purposely inserting bad lineups because he knows he's gone so why not take the Lakers down with him. That's me giving him the benefit of the doubt. He knows he's good after his firing, he'll get a job on the bench somewhere because the media has already put the narrative out there that he's doing the best he can and that it's not his fault.

You're giving him way too much credit.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
Bol wrote:

You're right.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt by saying he's purposely sabotaging the team because he knows he's getting canned when in reality, he just doesn't know any better and neither do his assistants apparently.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Remember that it took former Rams player E. Dickerson to speak up for Rams management to FINALLY fire J. Fisher?

Don't the Lakers have anyone with that can do the same thing??? Seems the only brave person is Lavar! Lebron apparently does things behind the scenes.

Instead, any time a former Lakers player is asked about Luke, he says how GREAT of a coach Luke is, like M. Thompson did recently on 7.10 AM radio. Kobe did the same. WTH? They did the same for B. Scott.

I wonder why it was ok to PUBLICLY bash Fisher, but not Luke. At least Fisher led his team to the Super Bowl once and other playoff games. What has Luke done? Yet Luke barely gets criticized in the LA media. Talk about lucky......

Anyway, I know the Dickerson PUBLIC bashing was an exception. Just frustrated and wish Luke would be held accountable. Its been 3 seasons!

Have a good week everyone.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
drae wrote:
Bol wrote:

Yeah, I don't know if Luke can make a decision about a good lineup vs a bad lineup til he watches the tape. But even then he still doesn't have a clue.

Watching Luke make the same mistakes game after game is like watching basketball players date one of the Kardashians. You know it's going to end in disaster but you help but scratch your head and say "how on earth does this idiot not read the warning signs"?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 730, 731, 732 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 731 of 818
Jump to: