Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 384, 385, 386 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Celtics and Warriors play right now... I can literally see the offensive flow.. Its ridiculous the way we have NO flow at all
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Things I've noticed about Celtics: They set off ball screens all over the floor. The ball handler always has a quick screen coming. Before the ball handler makes his move towards the ball, the screener is already right behind him. Once the screen is set, they quickly go into a screen and roll other wise, they look for the cutter off the off ball screen.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Things I've noticed about the Warriors: They have like 200 passes before a shot goes up...
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan‏Verified account
@Mike_Bresnahan
Follow Follow @Mike_Bresnahan
More
Luke Walton has told all Lakers who shoot threes in games that they must make 100 each day after practice.

The Lakers have stalled at the three-point line all season, including 3-for-27 last night vs. Philly.
1:09 PM - 16 Nov 2017
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan
More
Luke Walton has told all Lakers who shoot threes in games that they must make 100 each day after practice.

The Lakers have stalled at the three-point line all season, including 3-for-27 last night vs. Philly.

I really hope these are quality threes with supervision, not just a numerical target.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan
More

Good start. Now get their asses a shooting coach!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Every front office in the league should be fired for not identifying and going after Brad Stevens and Steve Kerr. With the exception of the Heat & the Spurs. And we let the Pringles man go? Imagine how fun DLO would have under that dude. No defense, no problem. Just score more than the other team.

I still have hope for Luke though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject:

What was the track record of college coaches succeeding in the NBA?
And I believe no one knew Steve was going to be a good coach.
Wasn't his front office work just ok? I forget how he did in Phoenix.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Every front office in the league should be fired for not identifying and going after Brad Stevens and Steve Kerr. With the exception of the Heat & the Spurs. And we let the Pringles man go? Imagine how fun DLO would have under that dude. No defense, no problem. Just score more than the other team.

The no d thing continues to be a meme, but when he's had any sort of talent his team's have been decent defensively. Been bouncing between just in and just out if top ten this year, were top five with Knicks when he got an anchor, last year were mid pack, as they were in Phoenix. He's just brilliant offensively and his quick pace was ahead if the fans and the league, so people thought it was all run no d.

If you want to watch something eye opening, watch how he used raja bell as a man defender and Marion as a fix everything guy to cover for some awful guys around them. There's some actual quality and novel scheme stuff there.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The no d thing continues to be a meme, but when he's had any sort of talent his team's have been decent defensively. Been bouncing between just in and just out if top ten this year, were top five with Knicks when he got an anchor, last year were mid pack, as they were in Phoenix. He's just brilliant offensively and his quick pace was ahead if the fans and the league, so people thought it was all run no d.

If you want to watch something eye opening, watch how he used raja bell as a man defender and Marion as a fix everything guy to cover for some awful guys around them. There's some actual quality and novel scheme stuff there.

Yes, The Matrix will always be remembered because how he help shut down Lebron in the Finals. I forgot how good Bell was as a defender in Phoenix.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Sorry. It just bums me out that The Celtics have always over-achieved year after year with Stevens. It was a culture changer. Shipping out Rondo so they wouldn't butt heads was the best thing they could have done for Stevens. The rest was on him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I give Phil a lot of (bleep) as an exec, but he did try to sign Kerr.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I give Phil a lot of (bleep) as an exec, but he did try to sign Kerr.

And Porzingis!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yes, The Matrix will always be remembered because how he help shut down Lebron in the Finals. I forgot how good Bell was as a defender in Phoenix.

Couldn't stand him, but it's not a surprise the one game Bell goes down Kobe goes for 50 in '06 (albeit in OT)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:

Sorry. It just bums me out that The Celtics have always over-achieved year after year with Stevens. It was a culture changer. Shipping out Rondo so they wouldn't butt heads was the best thing they could have done for Stevens. The rest was on him.

I hear ya. The Celts success is making me vomit.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

I really think the Lakers need a coach with cache to coach them next year with George and James.

They need a guy who is not only smart, but also garners instant respect on name alone.

Any chance they kick the tires on Coach K again, maybe even Calipari or Tubby Smith?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

ltsmash wrote:
Luke just does not have enough in-game or X and O experience. I still like the hire because I think he can create a cohesive group of guys who can play together. However, he needs a lot of help with in-game adjustments. As a whole, I think the entire Lakers team is missing experienced coaches who have a history of 1) teaching young players; and 2) reading and reacting to adjustments made by the other team. It reminds me of when Jerry West hired Hubie Brown to coach the Grizz. It was an odd choice but it made sense when Jerry said he wanted Hubie to teach the guys how to play basketball the right way. The Lakers need someone like that for their coaching staff.

Spot on. Luke is more in the Phil mold: a guy who has a finger on the pulse of the team's morale and manages egos. We really need to steal some top development trainers and x/o coaches. It seems like we just let our players develop on their own through game experience.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I really think the Lakers need a coach with cache to coach them next year with George and James.

They need a guy who is not only smart, but also garners instant respect on name alone.

Any chance they kick the tires on Coach K again, maybe even Calipari or Tubby Smith?

The coach with cache will be Lebron
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

If all goes well, Magic will give Luke his severance pay after tonight’s game.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

luke isn't the problem...we do need better assistants and especially a shooting coach though

even phil himself couldn't win with this trash roster
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

I hope magic is prepping Puke Walton’s termination documents, this guy is a complete joke. He was a crap NBA player and an even worst NBA coach.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Luke was hired by the old regime. Rob and Magic have no loyalty to him.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Music to my ears, he needs to go. Think Boston would take Lonzo for Brad Stevens?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Magic: "The Lakers have the perfect Coach."

Magic's high on Luke too.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
luke isn't the problem...we do need better assistants and especially a

The assistants are LUKE'S choices.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 384, 385, 386 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 385 of 818
Jump to: