Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 531, 532, 533 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Tough game but great learning and teaching moment for all involved. Including Luke.

Pretty much. On to the next one.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I almost rather they just played out the final possession instead of calling a timeout. One of Luke’s biggest weaknesses has long been out of bounds plays. Somehow it seems what he wanted to happen rarely does and then we struggle just getting the ball in at all at times.

Still think the next stage of his growth is to find an x and o mind that he respects to come on board and add some new wrinkles. The guys he was mentored by (Phil and Kerr) have each had a guy who didn’t want their job but who was able to give them that.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I almost rather they just played out the final possession instead of calling a timeout. One of Luke’s biggest weaknesses has long been out of bounds plays. Somehow it seems what he wanted to happen rarely does and then we struggle just getting the ball in at all at times.

No, that should have been an immediate TO. Down 1 with 14 seconds left, advance the ball and get a shot up within the first 5 seconds. Even if we missed, we'd have time to foul, and get another shot down 2-3 points.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I think this has to do with the players making mistakes on these plays as well. It is not all on Luke.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

I honestly believe every time the Lakers lose, Luke will get this he is an idiot treatment. It is just goes to show the lack of intelligence from many posters. We are right where we need to be at this point and the coaching staff has alot to do with this.

LOL at Laker fans thinking all of our players are all star caliber right noiw, how unrealistic can you be?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I think this has to do with the players making mistakes on these plays as well. It is not all on Luke.

Not saying it was all on Luke. But I am saying we seem to consistently have trouble getting the ball in safely from OB plays. Every time we miss on a late game play, the commentary seems to be that we wanted to do A and ot wasn’t there.

You have other games like vs SA and OKC and others where we are throwing the ball in to the halfcourt line from the baseline to avoid shot clock violations.

It’s a pattern, a disturbing one I hope he will look to fix.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

I like Coach Luke. He has proven he could help the growth of players. Randle Ingram has grown dramatically under his coaching. KCP has become a better offensive player. Kuzma has gradually added rebounds and defense to his game. Ball and Hart are on the right path. They are all playing basketball in a right way and organized way. And we have grown significantly as a team before adding a star. It’s really a great ability and achievement!
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

There was a time I really wasn't sure about Luke, especially when he was messing with Randle's minutes. But man has the team turned it around of late. You have to credit the coaching staff some for the development.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Still think the next stage of his growth is to find an x and o mind that he respects to come on board and add some new wrinkles. The guys he was mentored by (Phil and Kerr) have each had a guy who didn’t want their job but who was able to give them that.

Who u think will make a good hire? As X&O coach
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

He deserves some of the blame for this four-game losing streak.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Zo has free rain to chuck threes but Randle and Kuz get the shortest leash. Come on Luke. (Unless there is some Front Office Motivation)
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Maybe, but he has virtually no bench, is starting two rookies playing 35+ MPG, and we just went through a string of winning teams (3 on the road).
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Lol. You need players for W's. This team has already surpassed expectations in the W department. Luke is doing a good job with what he's got.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Lol. You need players for W's. This team has already surpassed expectations in the W department. Luke is doing a good job with what he's got.

Yes, I said I would be happy if we won more than last season and thrilled if we won 35.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Damn Luke, how bad were we on defense this game. Seems like we had no game plan against the Pelicans tonight. We allowed their guards to get in the lane and do whatever they wanted, New Orleans was living in the paint in the 1st half and Luke didn’t even bother making adjustments in the 2nd half. This is on Luke, he wet the bed alongside our 2 point guards tonight lol

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I’ll just say it again.

Out of bounds plays. Another wasted opportunity and yet another struggle just to get the ball in against a set defense.

Also, notice Luke seems, at times, to poorly manage timeouts. Like, close game, 4 mins to go, 1 timeout left???
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Would love to see Luke find his Tex Winter or Frank Hamblen.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

The losing streaks of these lengths have to stop next year if we want to be a playoff team.

9 games, 4 games, 3 games....too many of those, you can blame injuries but every team has injuries.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton Says Thomas Bryant, Gary Payton II And Possible Outside Signing Will Join Team Monday
Quote:
“There’s a chance Brandon can play. We’re going to have Thomas Bryant, we’re going to have Gary Payton with us from the G League. So we’ll have more bodies. And I know the front office has been looking at some different player options to fill in as well if Brandon’s still not ready.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-says-thomas-bryant-gary-payton-ii-call-ups-possible-outside-signing-join-team-monday/2018/03/25/
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I’ll just say it again.

Out of bounds plays. Another wasted opportunity and yet another struggle just to get the ball in against a set defense.

Also, notice Luke seems, at times, to poorly manage timeouts. Like, close game, 4 mins to go, 1 timeout left???

I think Luke is great with his timeouts. He does a good job of mitigating other teams runs with them.

I do agree he needs an X and Os guy to help him out though, most great coaches have a guy who specializes in that.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

We've moved up to 21 in offensive efficiency

But down to 13 in defensive efficiency
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
We've moved up to 21 in offensive efficiency

But down to 13 in defensive efficiency

I’ll take that
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I’ll just say it again.

I think Luke is great with his timeouts. He does a good job of mitigating other teams runs with them.

I do agree he needs an X and Os guy to help him out though, most great coaches have a guy who specializes in that.

Not complaining about the timing of the TOs, but more, we often tend to have one or none late in close games.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Do you think that should be a defensive guru a la Adams or an offensive guru a la Tex?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Do you think that should be a defensive guru a la Adams or an offensive guru a la Tex?

I would prioritize offense for him. Some out of bounds plays and wrinkles would be nice. Their defense is pretty solid, although a gain, not real innovative.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 531, 532, 533 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 532 of 818
Jump to: