Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 622, 623, 624 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
I've been fine w/giving Luke time to grow, but his lineup choices have been atrocious. BI is easily the worst part of the starting lineup. He just doesn't fit that group, but he's been given a ridiculously long rope. What's the advantage of starting BI at the 2? There hasn't been any. Hart is a much better fit. But maybe it's a mandate by the FO that BI gets 30 minutes every night regardless of how poorly he's playing. Whereas Lonzo and Hart will sit if they're not playing well. I suppose since BI has an additional year of pro experience, he gets that extra leeway. Oh and the fastest way to blow a lead is to allow Lance to do whatever the heck he wants on O and D and let the team go helter skelter.

Who was assigned to guard Trae in the final two minutes? That should be a good reason to start Ingram. Remember the Spurs game when Hart did a good job defending DeRozan but he just lacks the length to interfere DeRozan more?

I mean, Trae dusted him on the last possession and Ingram got away with a shove in the back (lucky for us). Don’t know how much I would brag about Ingram’s D. Thank goodness Tyson Chandler didn’t cut his fingernails.

Maybe you fell asleep and missed how Ingram completely shut down Young up to that point? One bad possession doesn’t erase all the good work he along with Chandler did in the previous 5 minutes shutting down the pick and roll, did you even watch the game?

That’s great. But yes, one bad possession on a game winning play could erase the previous few minutes. Luckily Tyson bailed him out.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
I've been fine w/giving Luke time to grow, but his lineup choices have been atrocious. BI is easily the worst part of the starting lineup. He just doesn't fit that group, but he's been given a ridiculously long rope. What's the advantage of starting BI at the 2? There hasn't been any. Hart is a much better fit. But maybe it's a mandate by the FO that BI gets 30 minutes every night regardless of how poorly he's playing. Whereas Lonzo and Hart will sit if they're not playing well. I suppose since BI has an additional year of pro experience, he gets that extra leeway. Oh and the fastest way to blow a lead is to allow Lance to do whatever the heck he wants on O and D and let the team go helter skelter.

Who was assigned to guard Trae in the final two minutes? That should be a good reason to start Ingram. Remember the Spurs game when Hart did a good job defending DeRozan but he just lacks the length to interfere DeRozan more?

I mean, Trae dusted him on the last possession and Ingram got away with a shove in the back (lucky for us). Don’t know how much I would brag about Ingram’s D. Thank goodness Tyson Chandler didn’t cut his fingernails.

Maybe you fell asleep and missed how Ingram completely shut down Young up to that point? One bad possession doesn’t erase all the good work he along with Chandler did in the previous 5 minutes shutting down the pick and roll, did you even watch the game?

That’s great. But yes, one bad possession on a game winning play could erase the previous few minutes. Luckily Tyson bailed him out.

Yeah, let’s forget everything that happened leading up to the last play of the game because it obviously didn’t affect or change anything... a 12 year old would be proud of that kind of logic.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Yeah, let’s forget everything that happened leading up to the last play of the game because it obviously didn’t affect or change anything... a 12 year old would be proud of that kind of logic.

I’m not sure why you’re getting so testy and I’m not ignoring anything. Games have an ebb and flow. Shooters get hot. Defenders get stops.

Ingram did some nice things, like I would expect. Then Tyson bailed Ingram out at the end. Why does that anger you so? Go Lakers.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

I’m not sure why you’re getting so testy and I’m not ignoring anything. Games have an ebb and flow. Shooters get hot. Defenders get stops.

Ingram did some nice things, like I would expect. Then Tyson bailed Ingram out at the end. Why does that anger you so? Go Lakers.

Not angry at all, and please don’t come at me with the “why do you beat your wife” classic just because I called you out on some flawed logic. Have a good night.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Aike wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Not angry at all, and please don’t come at me with the “why do you beat your wife” classic just because I called you out on some flawed logic. Have a good night.

You called me a 12 year old because I said I wouldn’t brag on Ingram’s D after he got smoked on the last play. The way I take that is that Trae had sized him up and beat him when he had to.

But hey, it’s a team game. Maybe Ingram funneled him to Chandler by design. Cut it pretty close, though.

Good win for the Lakers. Maybe I’m just not as high on the contributions of Ingram as you are. Doesn’t make me asleep or 12 years old.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Lebron coaches the offense. The only two coaches who could maybe get Lebron to play within a system are Pop and Kerr (and call him out on his lazy possessions where he settles for 3s). I keep asking, who do you think is going to come in and make this any better? I was only worried about the defense from day 1, and that is trending the right direction. Unfortunately, Lebron is killing our pace at the same time, which is hurting our offense.

Lebron running the offense consists of 1 of 4 plays:

1. Deep 3. Misses way more often than it hits.
2. Contested jumper. Just a bad shot selection. Rarely goes in.
3. Drive and dunk/layup. Except for the occasional blown layup, this is the money play
4. Drive and dish with a couple of seconds left on the clock to a player that fumbles it out of bounds.

I haven't seen anything else.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Lebron coaches the offense. The only two coaches who could maybe get Lebron to play within a system are Pop and Kerr (and call him out on his lazy possessions where he settles for 3s). I keep asking, who do you think is going to come in and make this any better? I was only worried about the defense from day 1, and that is trending the right direction. Unfortunately, Lebron is killing our pace at the same time, which is hurting our offense.

3. Drive and dunk/layup. Except for the occasional blown layup, this is the money play
4. Drive and dish with a couple of seconds left on the clock to a player that fumbles it out of bounds.

^ this guy watches the lakers. That’s exactly what’s happening.

I wish Luke had the balls to call lebron out on it or bench him for it at times. The offense can be a thing of beauty if lebron would just buy in instead of going with Lebron ball. Especially in crucial moments of the 4th quarter.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I wish Luke had the balls to call lebron out on it or bench him for it at times. The offense can be a thing of beauty if lebron would just buy in instead of going with Lebron ball. Especially in crucial moments of the 4th quarter.

Maybe LeBron should call out Luke for his garbage half court sets at the end of games.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Maybe LeBron should call out Luke for his garbage half court sets at the end of games.

Ha,Ha, That's called Lebron Ball.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject:

People keep insisting about Luke & the sets; the real problem is Lebron & Lebron Ball. There will be no sets in Lebron Ball. In Lebron Ball, Lebron just do what he decide, want, like Staccatos pinpoint.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I'd like to add:

5. Turnaround fade-away jumper in the paint = $
6. Hockey assist to Lonzo who makes the scoring pass
7. Fast-break = $

I'd like to see more Lonzo/LeBron and LeBron/Kuzma PnR plays run.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

I'd like the press to ask both Luke and Lebron about who's idea it is to keep doing that in crunchtime.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

I'd like the press to ask both Luke and Lebron about who's idea it is to keep doing that in crunchtime.

For the last 25 years, through all coaches, the Lakers only play at the end of the games is give the ball to Kobe/LeBron and then stand there and hope they hit a contested miracle shot.

FYI, that analysis includes Phil Jackson's time here, he was no better at end of game situations, just luckier.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

For the last 25 years, through all coaches, the Lakers only play at the end of the games is give the ball to Kobe/LeBron and then stand there and hope they hit a contested miracle shot.

FYI, that analysis includes Phil Jackson's time here, he was no better at end of game situations, just luckier.

You can say that about every team in the league.
Crunch time is giving the ball to your star and getting the hell out of the way.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Crunch time is giving the ball to your star and getting the hell out of the way.

Yep,
BStevens do it with Kyrie
Pop do it with Derozan, previously with KLeonard
SKerr do ti with KDurant
DRivers do it with LWilliams
Charlote with Kemba
Portland with DLilliard
ect,ect,ect
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

Yep,
BStevens do it with Kyrie
Pop do it with Derozan, previously with KLeonard
SKerr do ti with KDurant
DRivers do it with LWilliams
Charlote with Kemba
Portland with DLilliard
ect,ect,ect

I almost got a stroke with all these "typos"
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

If this was 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago, i’d agree. But for whatever reason, Lebron isn’t a triple threat now.

So if he’s not going to be that, then, you need to adjust.

This, btw, is why Philly traded for butler.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Luke needs to run the 4 Out 1 In Motion Offense.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I have rarely seen the team execute an out of bounds play successfully under Luke.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Yeah, hero-ball as a regular thing is just not fun to watch.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

why do people think the half court issues started this year with lebron? did you not watch any game last year?
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
why do people think the half court issues started this year with lebron? did you not watch any game last year?

……….and the year before last year. Next year (season) will be the same. But all Luke needs is more time...….
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

End of games is mostly on Lebron without question.. Early on he was known as "LeChoke" for a reason.. He has had his good moments but overall he is just clearly not the closer type especially now at his current age.. He can still be elite at many other things obviously but he never has been and never will be at closing.. When he is at his best he has that sidekick that can help him close games and imo that is what this current team is severely lacking.

Part of the blame should always go on the coach but I think he's probably in a pretty tough situation as far the crunch time play goes knowing if he pisses Lebron off much there is a great chance he will quickly turn into the scapegoat and be fired with quickness since there is already talk about it all over the place.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I feel Luke complicates what should be easy; like players positions and rotations. Hart is playing PF. At 1 point Kuzma was playing center. Brandon Ingram is playing SG. We have to play to players strengths, and playing them out of position isn't doing that, even if they play good at the position; imagine how they would do in their natural position. I feel what is happening is he has no offensive structure/scheme, coupled with wanting to please everyone.

I feel he also has to do a better job developing; like Lonzo was playing good, no reason why you bench him - then go in the post game interview and say you were gonna put him in for our center... What!? It makes me wonder what sees when he watches the game tapes? Do he just watch them to see what players did wrong, while ignoring his flaws?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

This is why I want Luke fired. He’s shown 0 improvement in his offensive schemes and possibly even regression. His rotations are still bad as well 3 years running now, very minimal improvement (I guess no more hockey subs)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 622, 623, 624 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 623 of 818
Jump to: