Official LUKE WALTON Head Coach Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 646, 647, 648, 649, 650  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Posts: 532

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Ok I am not watching anymore games until Luke is fires.

It’s frustrating to watch when the coach is a complete idiot.
And Popvich is simply owning him.

This is almost as frustrating watching Derek Fisher late in his career, when he was getting light up by every scrub point guard every night.
And made Kobe expend energy down the stretch to guard them.
And when Derek Fisher choose to try to make a layup.


Aww. So sorry to hear. So now we get even more professional insight from people not even watching games. This thread never fails.

One thing Luke brings to LG are burner accounts and new members signing up just to blame Luke even during our highest winning percentage in years.

I regard Pop as the goat coach and he’s struggling with the injuries. No one is screaming for him to get fired. Or Brad Stevens for that matter. Or Kirk Snyder. Should we go with Luke hater logic and crown Doc Rivers coach of the century? A offensive guru perhaps?

Or take away Mike D’antoni label as an offensive mastermind? This is fun, this whole say whatever lies to prove a failing point.

For Lebron and Rondo to keep in line is saying something. They both have no issues calling out crappy coaching and it’s been pretty silent on their front.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28713

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Just don't bench Lonzo when Rondo is back. Recognize that Lonzo is one of your better defender and Rondo isn't, and play them accordingly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8838

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

^ big problem here...opinion without watching the games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20208

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 1170
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Some nice adjustments during the second half, especially in 4th. Still I do not like the five he put on the floor in one moment. It was disaster with Svi on the floor. Just give more minutes to KCP or Josh or even Lance even if he is crap.
We already have enough of young guys playing , dont need one more. His place is in G league now.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2205

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Lebron continues to save his ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24762

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Lebron continues to save his ass.


True. We need to trade Bron.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +32.5
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +7.0

Last edited by epak on Fri Jan 31, 1946 3:51 pm; edited 123,425 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo should be guarding the bigger of the guards with Hart out there. Almost cost the game puttin hart on gay and drz
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 1007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP
_________________
I was an atheist, until I knew Kobe.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20208

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP


No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24762

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

It's gotta be

PG: Lonzo
SG: Kuzma
SF: LeBron
PF: Hart
C: McGee

2nd best 5 man lineup.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +32.5
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +7.0

Last edited by epak on Fri Jan 31, 1946 3:51 pm; edited 123,425 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 1007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP


No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.
_________________
I was an atheist, until I knew Kobe.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20208

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP


No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.


KCP played more minutes cause Hart was in foul trouble. And guess which player played the most of the 4th quarter?

What the hell are you smoking?
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24762

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP


No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.


Hart fouls were a factor no?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +32.5
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +7.0

Last edited by epak on Fri Jan 31, 1946 3:51 pm; edited 123,425 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 1007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP


No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.


Hart fouls were a factor no?

I'm just saying, if Hart starts next game I'll be as stoked as you would.
_________________
I was an atheist, until I knew Kobe.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20208

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
epak wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP


No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.


Hart fouls were a factor no?

I'm just saying, if Hart starts next game I'll be as stoked as you would.


“Just saying” what?
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 1007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
epak wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So with Ingram out...with who knows how long for, Hart is the logical starter now.

Ball
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
Chandler

Bench rotation should be interesting. I wonder if we will see more Wagner?

Luke probably starts KCP


No way. KCP coming off the bench has been and will continue to be his calling.

I love Hart but KCP played more minutes today. Indicating that he probably starts next game, and that's okay, he's been playing well lately.


Hart fouls were a factor no?

I'm just saying, if Hart starts next game I'll be as stoked as you would.


“Just saying” what?

I'm just guessing what Luke might do next game, nobody knows who will start next game unless Luke already said so.
_________________
I was an atheist, until I knew Kobe.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

That Lance/KCP/Svi/Beasley/McGee line up was horrible. Hope not to see that line up together again. Very low IQ line up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 2413

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject:

Luke was forced a rough hand with Bi being hurt then 2 fouls on Kuzma and Hart early so he had to play an interesting lineup out there.

Like actually drew a nice play out of a time out that got McGee (?) a dunk out of a time out but I didn’t see it mentioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luke was forced a rough hand with Bi being hurt then 2 fouls on Kuzma and Hart early so he had to play an interesting lineup out there.

Like actually drew a nice play out of a time out that got McGee (?) a dunk out of a time out but I didn’t see it mentioned.


I would have subbed out Zo 2-3 minutes left in the 1st. Had him start the 2nd quarter, along side Kuzma. But I think Hart having 3 fouls cause Walton to over think again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jarmusch
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Lebron continues to save his ass.


yeah, and how many seasons all timers like phil and pop coached without a superstar and a buddy all star player on their team? must be like 3 seasons combined in 30+ years of nba coaching. Players play and win stuff in the nba, coaches dont matter all that much without adequate talent.

And luke doesnt even have an all star to pair with lebron.

I mean, i understand the criticism and all but its soooo easy to scapegoat coaches, they're kinda isolated and in a weaker position than either gm and important players, and are usually judged by "what have you done for me lately?". Even Brad Stevens got questioned after great runs in boston with subpar rosters, when you win you're good, when you lose you suck, thats how coaches get judged in the nba in general and its unreasonable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24762

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

Jarmusch wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Lebron continues to save his ass.


yeah, and how many seasons all timers like phil and pop coached without a superstar and a buddy all star player on their team? must be like 3 seasons combined in 30+ years of nba coaching. Players play and win stuff in the nba, coaches dont matter all that much without adequate talent.

And luke doesnt even have an all star to pair with lebron.

I mean, i understand the criticism and all but its soooo easy to scapegoat coaches, they're kinda isolated and in a weaker position than either gm and important players, and are usually judged by "what have you done for me lately?". Even Brad Stevens got questioned after great runs in boston with subpar rosters, when you win you're good, when you lose you suck, thats how coaches get judged in the nba in general and its unreasonable



I'm not sure if Luke is an XO's type of guy. I'm reading that he's not. And I'm not sure if that's what you need from a head coach if that's the only thing he brings. People say Hoiberg was an offensive genius. But he got let go.

From what I read, Luke is a good people person and good communicator. If I needed a coach and had to choose between a good people person/communicator/motivator vs a purely XOs guy, I'd go with the former.

Now ideally you'd want both. But those type of people don't grow on trees right? To a certain degree, I agree with those that say he should get an offensive guru for an assistant. But the season is young. The team improved on defense. Perhaps the offense comes down the road as well.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +32.5
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +7.0

Last edited by epak on Fri Jan 31, 1946 3:51 pm; edited 123,425 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 6075
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jarmusch wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Lebron continues to save his ass.


yeah, and how many seasons all timers like phil and pop coached without a superstar and a buddy all star player on their team? must be like 3 seasons combined in 30+ years of nba coaching. Players play and win stuff in the nba, coaches dont matter all that much without adequate talent.

And luke doesnt even have an all star to pair with lebron.

I mean, i understand the criticism and all but its soooo easy to scapegoat coaches, they're kinda isolated and in a weaker position than either gm and important players, and are usually judged by "what have you done for me lately?". Even Brad Stevens got questioned after great runs in boston with subpar rosters, when you win you're good, when you lose you suck, thats how coaches get judged in the nba in general and its unreasonable



I'm not sure if Luke is an XO's type of guy. I'm reading that he's not. And I'm not sure if that's what you need from a head coach if that's the only thing he brings. People say Hoiberg was an offensive genius. But he got let go.

From what I read, Luke is a good people person and good communicator. If I needed a coach and had to choose between a good people person/communicator/motivator vs a purely XOs guy, I'd go with the former.

Now ideally you'd want both. But those type of people don't grow on trees right? To a certain degree, I agree with those that say he should get an offensive guru for an assistant. But the season is young. The team improved on defense. Perhaps the offense comes down the road as well.


The offense is Lebron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22892

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

So does Luke go KCP here or Hart?

I hope it’s Hart. KCP can create his own shot with the second unit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jarmusch
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jarmusch wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Lebron continues to save his ass.


yeah, and how many seasons all timers like phil and pop coached without a superstar and a buddy all star player on their team? must be like 3 seasons combined in 30+ years of nba coaching. Players play and win stuff in the nba, coaches dont matter all that much without adequate talent.

And luke doesnt even have an all star to pair with lebron.

I mean, i understand the criticism and all but its soooo easy to scapegoat coaches, they're kinda isolated and in a weaker position than either gm and important players, and are usually judged by "what have you done for me lately?". Even Brad Stevens got questioned after great runs in boston with subpar rosters, when you win you're good, when you lose you suck, thats how coaches get judged in the nba in general and its unreasonable



I'm not sure if Luke is an XO's type of guy. I'm reading that he's not. And I'm not sure if that's what you need from a head coach if that's the only thing he brings. People say Hoiberg was an offensive genius. But he got let go.

From what I read, Luke is a good people person and good communicator. If I needed a coach and had to choose between a good people person/communicator/motivator vs a purely XOs guy, I'd go with the former.

Now ideally you'd want both. But those type of people don't grow on trees right? To a certain degree, I agree with those that say he should get an offensive guru for an assistant. But the season is young. The team improved on defense. Perhaps the offense comes down the road as well.


i mean, yeah, ideally you would want better assistants for luke but if he doesnt trust em, might as well fire him cause that wont work. So, ideally those kind of conclusions should come from walton himself.

Phil wasnt an x's and o's guy either, but he found an offense he liked and went straight to the guru as his assistant, so, it could happen and maybe should happen next summer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 646, 647, 648, 649, 650  Next
Page 647 of 650
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB