Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Luke in elite company

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1072280983255351296/photo/1

Luke puts that 03 class over the top.

Luke's banana boat

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Richard-Jefferson-Luke-Walton-Basketball-Players-Bromance-Vacation-4.jpg
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

"I want to have Lebron or Zo on the floor at all times"

Start of the 4th quarter: Neither player is on the floor

What kinda BS lineup is Lance, Hart, Tyson, Svi and KCP.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

They are still way too dependent on Lebron. He has to find a way to prevent the team from turning into another iteration of the Cavs. One possible solution might be moving BI to the second unit when he returns. That way they have some sustained scoring when Lebron is on the bench, since Kuz fits better in the 1st unit. Things should be easier when Rondo returns as well.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Besides the 2nd quarter, Lakers kept Miami under 25 each of the other quarters. Hopefully we can stop with the 35+ quarters and play defense for all 4.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
They are still way too dependent on Lebron. He has to find a way to prevent the team from turning into another iteration of the Cavs. One possible solution might be moving BI to the second unit when he returns. That way they have some sustained scoring when Lebron is on the bench, since Kuz fits better in the 1st unit. Things should be easier when Rondo returns as well.

Yeah, I'd say offensively we're really missing Rondo's playmaking. Aside from LeBron he's the only one who consistently can create for someone. Kuz has shown some chops recently but mostly as a secondary playmaker (at least IMO). BI is meh. Lance is super hot and cold. No one else can do much of anything.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I'll just leave this here

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1072360828085657600
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

He even pulled Zo early iirc so its not like mins were an issue
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Extremely mind-boggling to say the least. There was no reason to have LeBron, Kuz and Zo on the bench at the same time. Using that awful 2nd unit again to start the 4th after it played so poorly in the 1st half was infuriating. Even when Luke brought LeBron and Kuz back in the 4th, he still chose to leave Lance in the game instead of going with either Zo or KCP. What exactly was Lance providing on either side of the ball at that point in the game? Winslow's last 3 of the game came as a result of Lance blowing his defensive assignment, which left Kuz having to cover to Heat players. I like Luke a lot, but these kind of mistakes with his rotations are inexcusable.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Extremely mind-boggling to say the least. There was no reason to have LeBron, Kuz and Zo on the bench at the same time. Using that awful 2nd unit again to start the 4th after it played so poorly in the 1st half was infuriating. Even when Luke brought LeBron and Kuz back in the 4th, he still chose to leave Lance in the game instead of going with either Zo or KCP. What exactly was Lance providing on either side of the ball at that point in the game? Winslow's last 3 of the game came as a result of Lance blowing his defensive assignment, which left Kuz having to cover to Heat players. I like Luke a lot, but these kind of mistakes with his rotations are inexcusable.

I was wondering the SAME thing like, what is Lance doing in there with the starters?

Honestly, and I have said this since Luke got here, but I honestly think he has mental lapses. Like maybe he still kind of views the game from the perspective of a player sometimes or something. Because he does things that appear to be tied to forgetting.

Forgetting a particular player was red hot, forgetting to sub the right players in and out, etc.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

I was wondering the SAME thing like, what is Lance doing in there with the starters?

Honestly, and I have said this since Luke got here, but I honestly think he has mental lapses. Like maybe he still kind of views the game from the perspective of a player sometimes or something. Because he does things that appear to be tied to forgetting.

Forgetting a particular player was red hot, forgetting to sub the right players in and out, etc.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Lance did to earn those 4th quarter minutes. With LeBron and Kuz back in the game, the Lakers needed perimeter defense and spacing, which KCP or Zo were far more capable of providing.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Did anyone catch KCP clearly talking back to Luke on his way back to the huddle in the 1st Q?

It was right after KCP blew a defensive assignment...one of many he blew last night. If he's going to be insubordinate like that then he's got to go on general principle.

I was surprised Luke let that go and left KCP in the game.

#BannersOverBillboards
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Did anyone catch KCP clearly talking back to Luke on his way back to the huddle in the 1st Q?

It was right after KCP blew a defensive assignment...one of many he blew last night. If he's going to be insubordinate like that then he's got to go on general principle.

Yup. He was like “yeah yeah yeah” and waved him off and just walked past him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

yup I noticed that as well. It's obv that KCP is frustrated by no longer being the shoe in starter and now not even closing games.

oh well.. trade him for Ariza and let's keep it moving.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

yup I noticed that as well. It's obv that KCP is frustrated by no longer being the shoe in starter and now not even closing games.

oh well.. trade him for Ariza and let's keep it moving.

He must be as good as out of here to do something like that and not get checked by one of his teammates...and for Luke to leave him in.

I didn't think there was much to the rumors until I saw that last night...first time I've seen a player dis Luke in front of everyone.

#BannersOverBillboards
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Because Lance is another ball handler who is better at finishing at the rim than Ball? It might not be the right rotation but at least I can see some logics behind it so I am ok with that.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Are we firing Luke or what? /s
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:

Maybe when the Lakers get the #1 seed
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

Didnt stop Lebron from firing Blatt
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

Didnt stop Lebron from firing Blatt

Those blatt stories were crazy.
He was not ready for the NBA.

One mistake Luke doesn't make that blatt did is that Luke knows to give the ball to LeBron on last second shots.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Luke will stay as coach but damn they need to upgrade his assistant staff even with 1 addition to help his rotations and half court offense.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Luke will stay as coach but damn they need to upgrade his assistant staff even with 1 addition to help his rotations and half court offense.

Gentry?
Unfortunately I don't see them adding an assistant mid season.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Gentry?
Unfortunately I don't see them adding an assistant mid season.

That would be a pipe dream addition if he gets fired soon.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

We are 1.5 games out of first place with LeBron playing the lowest minutes of his career, with two core guys out for half the season so far, and with a supporting cast who are all barely legal to drink....

and there are people (not necessarily here) who want Luke fired? SMH. If our record stays consistent throughout the rest of the season, he should win COY.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
We are 1.5 games out of first place with LeBron playing the lowest minutes of his career, with two core guys out for half the season so far, and with a supporting cast who are all barely legal to drink....

and there are people (not necessarily here) who want Luke fired? SMH. If our record stays consistent throughout the rest of the season, he should win COY.

I think it comes down between him and nurse.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

I think it comes down between him and nurse.

People and the media expected the Raptors to do well this season. ESPN thought we wouldn't even make the playoffs. If we end up with home court advantage, Luke should definitely win it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 651 of 818
Jump to: