Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Needs to shorten the rotation. I understand he's trying to play everyone but your best players should be playing 33+ minutes. If that means less of Young, Huertas, Lou, and Calderon then so be it.

Too early in the season to do that, players still far from top physical shape in every team, so rotations are not as strict on any team right now

Unacceptable if true. Sounds like Shaq. You should be ready to go day 1. Get in shape during the offseason.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Needs to shorten the rotation. I understand he's trying to play everyone but your best players should be playing 33+ minutes. If that means less of Young, Huertas, Lou, and Calderon then so be it.

They won with the plan he had last night.

Yeah. I like the concept that we will always have a lead guard (DLO or JC) for most of the game. Only time we didn't was a brief Lou/Huertas stretch that I hope we will never see again.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

We wore them down.

Luke has a plan just give it time to develop.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Too early in the season to do that, players still far from top physical shape in every team, so rotations are not as strict on any team right now

Unacceptable if true. Sounds like Shaq. You should be ready to go day 1. Get in shape during the offseason.

NBA game shape is different than running on a track or practice. It takes a few games to get used to the increased minutes from preseason, more games in a shorter span.

I am in good shape, I played pickup ball for the 1st time in over a month last week and my lungs were burning.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Yeah. I like the concept that we will always have a lead guard (DLO or JC) for most of the game. Only time we didn't was a brief Lou/Huertas stretch that I hope we will never see again.

Yup, if you look at the 2nd half minutes for Huertas, I think you are on point. I don't think he played.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

NBA game shape is different than running on a track or practice. It takes a few games to get used to the increased minutes from preseason, more games in a shorter span.

I am in good shape, I played pickup ball for the 1st time in over a month last week and my lungs were burning.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

Btw, I saw Stephen A went on another rant against Jim and the Lakers today. Didnt know where to mention this, but cant we have one day just to enjoy what Luke and the boys did before having to bear this ESPN negativity.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Btw, I saw Stephen A went on another rant against Jim and the Lakers today. Didnt know where to mention this, but cant we have one day just to enjoy what Luke and the boys did before having to bear this ESPN negativity.

You just gotta ignore all those clowns. At least with Skip I think he knows he is trolling. But Stephen A, is actually a clown. Guy threatens players and stuff lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Yup, if you look at the 2nd half minutes for Huertas, I think you are on point. I don't think he played.

When we started DLO/JC last year, we had WAY too many minutes with Lou/Huertas last year off the bench. This year, that will likely be minimized with JC leading the 2nd unit where he can play lead guard and direct the offense, or with Ingram helping with point duties.

I think it's actually a pretty decent plan. Man, if we could have nabbed Kent Bazemore, would have been a really great rotation.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Luke choose the starting five i would've choose to play the rockets and i think he was absolutely phenomenal with his rotations and defensive adjustments on the second half. This is what i was expecting when the Lakers brought him here, a smart dude who has the chance to steal us a couple of games with smart gameplaning and out of the box thinking.

Dude's the anti byron, flexible, smart, positive and you see the guys playing hard for him, he'll not make every right move or every move the fans perceive to be the right one but with Luke at the helm Lakers fans can go home not worrying about the coaching side of the ball. We're on good hands

Dude, when you've resurrected yourself from The Artist Formerly Known As PUKE to Coach Luke, you've achieved something great. Coming back from that moniker isn't easy. Now, he's like Luke SKYWALKER to us!!1
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Side note: MDA is still a garbage coach. If the two teams switched coaches last night. Houston would've won by 30.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Luke is the best coach we have for the past 5 years.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Last night..

First Half the Rockets scored 71
Second Half the Rockets scored 42

First Half the Lakers scored 63
Second Half the Lakers scored 57

One Coach made the proper adjustments at halftime. The other one didn't.

Guess which was which

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvzJfJgVUAAWTXK.jpg

And to whomever takes it, enjoy your next avatar
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject:

Anyone else see that picture on DLO's Instagram of DLO and Luke walking toward the team plane? Lukes rocking the backwards flex fit cap and sweats, carrying his big travel bag with an iPhone in his hand. He looked like one of the players not the coach it slayed me. SwagBro just chilling. Made me realize how different this coach is compared to any other we've had or maybe any other in the league. I've read a lot about players being able to relate to him and that picture really bought that sentiment home to me, it almost seems less of a coaches and then the players type of set up than a bunch of guys all working toward a common goal. The last time it felt like that to me was the last championship teams but even Phil was a little hierarchal.

I think the sky is literally the limit for Luke as a HC. Learnt from 2 of the best in PJ and Kerr, been around some very cerebral players like Kobe and Pau, been around some hardened vets like Fisher and the like. Even when he played he was a guy that got by on his BB IQ rather than athletic ability. Not to mention he's from some choice genetic stock when it comes to the NBA. I think this whole package put together can make for a very influential and successful head coach.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Anyone else see that picture on DLO's Instagram of DLO and Luke walking toward the team plane? Lukes rocking the backwards flex fit cap and sweats, carrying his big travel bag with an iPhone in his hand. He looked like one of the players not the coach it slayed me. SwagBro just chilling. Made me realize how different this coach is compared to any other we've had or maybe any other in the league. I've read a lot about players being able to relate to him and that picture really bought that sentiment home to me, it almost seems less of a coaches and then the players type of set up than a bunch of guys all working toward a common goal. The last time it felt like that to me was the last championship teams but even Phil was a little hierarchal.

Had to look it up https://www.instagram.com/p/BMFYZUqhPCF/?hl=en&taken-by=dloading good stuff there. Must be nice not having to always be on your toes. Phil probably wasn't one of the bros per say, but you could probably talk to him easier than general Byron.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I guess Coach Luke never took notes on Byron's robotic substitution by the clock, and entire unit sub patterns
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Walton questioned the amount of foul shots Utah had and the review play

Utah slowly becoming one of my most hated teams. On the outside, they look like good guys, but Diaw apparently taught these clowns to flop. Gobert looks like he gets shot every other play. And Hill makes Lou look like a saint when it comes to flopping.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Luke speaking TRUTH in his post game interview. I'm really loving this.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

HE BOUT TO STEAL OFF ON THESE REFS IF HE SEE EM
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

I've been very impressed with Luke this preseason and the first two games of the season.

Wow I'm impressed. He's gonna be huge for us.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

anpherknee wrote:
HE BOUT TO STEAL OFF ON THESE REFS IF HE SEE EM

Ok?! He is NOT happy
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I want to complain about him running Huertas/Lou/Clarkson together, since Clarkson isn't a 3.
But we pretty much broke even with that lineup, so I can't complain.
Obviously Ingram hurting himself screwed up Luke's rotation. But we competed well nonetheless.
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject:

My take away after 2 games. We have the right coach with the right staff. The team is playing with heart and tenacity. They are a team. They fight until the end. There is ball movement and team work. (it is night and day compared to last season). It is not about the players. It is about the coaching staff and the System. Those who buy in to the system will be kept. Those who don't, won't.

We have a whole season to determine that. I think quite a few fans will be surprised as to who is kept.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/161028walton

he was goin in breh
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Dylandogg wrote:
My take away after 2 games. We have the right coach with the right staff. The team is playing with heart and tenacity. They are a team. They fight until the end. There is ball movement and team work. (it is night and day compared to last season). It is not about the players. It is about the coaching staff and the System. Those who buy in to the system will be kept. Those who don't, won't.

We have a whole season to determine that. I think quite a few fans will be surprised as to who is kept.
we keep, dlo, Jc, jr, bi, nance, zubac, black unless an amazing deal is offered. Not really a surprise
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 183 of 818
Jump to: