Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Is there a way to compare Ingram's stats in starts to Deng's stats? Is that a small sample size? It has felt like Ingram has been better in starts generally

I don't think he plays well, or gets a chance to get going, with JC and Lou in the 2nd unit

Good to basketball reference and look at the splits for both. It will show as a starter. Brandon with more minutes per game and raw points, Deng with better efficiency and rating and plus minus.

Thanks! Good info. I'm on the bball reference site and can't find data on stats when he starts vs coming off the bench. Could someone link me to this? I'm on my phone, the site isn't really mobile friendly.

Fun tidbit I just found that's not related: he's currently very close to outscoring his entire December.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I think our best lineup is

DLO-Young-Ingram-Deng-Mozgov or Nance
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

I feel like no one's running through walls anymore. Must be the mid-season lull. Luke's talked about wanting to get better now rather than later.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Luke has really surprised me this year in 1 way.
He believes in going big. I guess he did grow up watching 90s bball.
I thought he'd play Deng at the 4. Same for Ingram. He does go small to finish games (no Mozgov). But last night he had Black at the 4.
Plus, when healthy, he plays Randle and Nance at the 4 most of the time. Neither are 3 point floor spacers.
Lal0821
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

If we are supposed to be about the youth movement why are we playing deng and mozgov? They don't give us the best chance to win so what is the deal? Isn't this one reason why we crucified Byron Scott?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Lal0821 wrote:
If we are supposed to be about the youth movement why are we playing deng and mozgov? They don't give us the best chance to win so what is the deal? Isn't this one reason why we crucified Byron Scott?

They're our big money signings. Gotta give them a significant portion of time, at least for a while. Also Deng has been better than Ingram this season, and I've been supporting him coming off the bench until his play this month. But Mozgov could be our worst center. Luke actually has a very tight least with Mozgov.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton doesn’t see fourth quarter minutes as a ‘carrot’ for D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle
He’s more focused on the process within the flow of a game.

Quote:
Yet, Walton said he did not bench Russell as a way of “dangling a carrot” to motivate him.

“It’s never about ‘This what you need to do so this is your reward,'” Walton said. ‘This is what you need to do because this is what’s right, this is what we need out of you and this is how we become a better team.’ It’s not about the end result. It’s about what he’s doing possession by possession to start the game. Then if that all happens, naturally he’ll be in at the end of the game because of the way he’s playing.”

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/1/19/14322502/la-lakers-news-luke-walton-dangelo-russell-julius-randle-fourth-quarter-minutes-analysis-quotes
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

I remember hearing somewhere that Luke's rotations in the 40+ games he was interim coach were also frustrating to Warriors fans. Did he employ the same methodical hockey lineups too?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I remember hearing somewhere that Luke's rotations in the 40+ games he was interim coach were also frustrating to Warriors fans. Did he employ the same methodical hockey lineups too?

From what I remember some Warriors fans saying, I think it was that he played some mad scientist lineups, but the big one fans complained about was waiting too long on calling timeouts (the Phil thing lol)
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Luke,

Start ya boi
BIKinstonFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Made good adjustment in 2nd half to put Mozgov on Al.
AL scored 20 in 1st and I think 0 in 2nd half
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Good comments after the game from Luke about how the players need to learn that this is the way they have to play every game on offense and defense, with this type of effort. I was impressed with some of Luke's coaching concepts when he filled in for Kerr (I was traveling up north a lot then and caught him several times on Tolbert's radio show), the themes and concepts he believes in are a great way to build up a young team. Unlike Byron who I believe thinks that coaching is just X's and O's, Luke understands the psychology. I actually ripped off some of the ideas he presented on radio for my football team last season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton explains what types of wins he wants the Lakers to get

"He won’t turn away victories, but there is a specific style Los Angeles’ head coach wants his team to play"

Quote:
“I like tonight's win a lot because of the way we got the win. If Lou Williams went for 57 [points] and we ran nothing but high pick-and-rolls all night long, and we outscored them 120-119, that type of win doesn't really mean much to me.” Walton said following the Lakers’ 108-96 win over the Indiana Pacers

“But because we got a win by playing our tails off on defense, by tagging cutters, by getting out and pushing the ball in transition, [and] for the most part making them make challenged, contested shots, that means that we're playing the right way,” Walton continued. “When you win like that, it feels much better.”

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/1/21/14348158/luke-walton-explains-what-types-of-wins-he-wants-the-lakers-to-get
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

"He won’t turn away victories, but there is a specific style Los Angeles’ head coach wants his team to play"

Quote:
“I like tonight's win a lot because of the way we got the win. If Lou Williams went for 57 [points] and we ran nothing but high pick-and-rolls all night long, and we outscored them 120-119, that type of win doesn't really mean much to me.” Walton said following the Lakers’ 108-96 win over the Indiana Pacers

“But because we got a win by playing our tails off on defense, by tagging cutters, by getting out and pushing the ball in transition, [and] for the most part making them make challenged, contested shots, that means that we're playing the right way,” Walton continued. “When you win like that, it feels much better.”

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/1/21/14348158/luke-walton-explains-what-types-of-wins-he-wants-the-lakers-to-get

I love Luke Walton
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

BIKinstonFan wrote:
Made good adjustment in 2nd half to put Mozgov on Al.
AL scored 20 in 1st and I think 0 in 2nd half

Moz is a scrub. Gives us nothing Tarik can't do better.

/s
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

I love Luke Walton

I have some smaller gripes, but I'm really happy with him this season.

Speaking of which, please start Brandon while D'Angelo's out, even if Deng is back.
BIKinstonFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson regression is on Luke. Instead of reeling him in and asking him to play like his rookie season as SG spot, he made him a 6th man chucker.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Well... he started ya boi...
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

There needs to be a players only meeting. Losing to the Mavs like this is unacceptable. Luke continues to play the unconventional lineups. He starts a big lineup but doesn't use Ingram on the post against the smaller guards. He refuses to start Clarkson at PG because imo he doesn't want a PG controversy. Then the first player off the bench is Calderon who can't create and is a defensive liability.

Luke Walton is the most stubborn coach I have ever seen. He's overrated and nothing more than a assistant coach. Byron had his flaws, but at least he played his young players.

How long does Mitch and the Lakers brass wait until they realize this guy is not the answer? This is the most frustrated I've been as a Lakers fan and it's 100% because of Luke's inability to get the best out of his young players.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

ITs time to start JC instead of keeping the bench intact.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Luke now has two distinctions an awful Byron Scott couldn't muster. I think it's something like a 1-12 stretch and the worst loss in Lakers franchise history.

Good job Luke. Didn't think anyone could make Byron look good in any way but you found a way to do just that.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

boy a Luke Walton P&M thread would be really useful right now
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

24 shots between Lou/JC & only one assist.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
There needs to be a players only meeting. Losing to the Mavs like this is unacceptable. Luke continues to play the unconventional lineups. He starts a big lineup but doesn't use Ingram on the post against the smaller guards. He refuses to start Clarkson at PG because imo he doesn't want a PG controversy. Then the first player off the bench is Calderon who can't create and is a defensive liability.

Luke Walton is the most stubborn coach I have ever seen. He's overrated and nothing more than a assistant coach. Byron had his flaws, but at least he played his young players.

How long does Mitch and the Lakers brass wait until they realize this guy is not the answer? This is the most frustrated I've been as a Lakers fan and it's 100% because of Luke's inability to get the best out of his young players.

He'll probably give the youngest head coach in the league, a rookie head coach more than 47 games I'd assume.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Luke now has two distinctions an awful Byron Scott couldn't muster. I think it's something like a 1-12 stretch and the worst loss in Lakers franchise history.

Good job Luke. Didn't think anyone could make Byron look good in any way but you found a way to do just that.

I would much rather have Byron right now and I'm serious.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 268 of 818
Jump to: