Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 307, 308, 309 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Luke wanted the Ball/DLO/Ingram trio too

As much as I disagreed with the DLo trade initially there were definitely things behind the scenes that forced it. I also don't think he would have wanted to play second fiddle to Lonzo.

With that said,

I actually think Lonzo/KCP/Ingram is equally exciting.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
32 wrote:
Yesterday the team allowed 100 points in 40 frickin minutes. It took an MVP performance by Lonzo to win the game.

You do know that Luke wasn't coaching. Right? And Brian Shaw, who you think is the defensive coach, but really have no clue, wasn't coaching either. And many of the players in the game won't be on a NBA roster.

I know Luke wasn't coaching. Stop with your b******* comments.

Just ignore bro, that's what he does 100% of the time
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:
“I thought was going to be a big part of our future here. Obviously, that isn't the case now, but trades are always tough,” Walton said. “But at the same, you're around this game long enough, you realize there's a huge business side to it and you get used to it.”

“I said 'Look, I hope you end being an All-Star and come back kicking our butts. I really do.'“ Walton said. “I hope he gets it and it works out for him well, but you have to move on because now we got other guys and it's just the way our business goes. I wish him the best and hope that he has a long, successful career. It's always tough when you make trades like that.”

sure sounds like he wanted DLO to stick around
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:
“I thought was going to be a big part of our future here. Obviously, that isn't the case now, but trades are always tough,” Walton said. “But at the same, you're around this game long enough, you realize there's a huge business side to it and you get used to it.”

“I said 'Look, I hope you end being an All-Star and come back kicking our butts. I really do.'“ Walton said. “I hope he gets it and it works out for him well, but you have to move on because now we got other guys and it's just the way our business goes. I wish him the best and hope that he has a long, successful career. It's always tough when you make trades like that.”

I've never understood the notion that DLO clashed with Luke. They were constantly praising each other.

Anyway, I'm the biggest DLO stan on here so I hate reading this kind of stuff because it confirms what so many of us were excited about for months.. Ball/DLO/Ingram. That trio would have been scary.

However, DLO's gone and he's going to go on to become a 5-10 time all star and we're just going to have to appreciate from afar and always kind of wonder what if.

We, on the other hand, seem to be in position to get a couple mega stars next summer.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

A coach is not a GM ask Doc Rivers and Luke may have wanted Dlo but the FO knows defense wins championships and to run the system the coach wants the FO has to realize the type of players needed. KCP had the same offensive stats as Dlo but is more athletic and plays better defense and loves to get out on the fast break. We did not have the players to play good team defense now we are better on the perimeter but still lack a rim protector.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:

Lip service. The bolded quote is questionable.

He also said young guys have to earn mins. The only thing he can control that is through mins. We all know DLO benching and him not getting mins
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

As much as I disagreed with the DLo trade initially there were definitely things behind the scenes that forced it. I also don't think he would have wanted to play second fiddle to Lonzo.

With that said,

KCP like Lopez isnt in our long term plans. KCP could have also possibly been obtainable even with DLO.

DLO not wanting to play 2nd fiddle? Dlo would have loved playing with Ball and having all that pressure taking off. Would have averaged close to 20 easy.

Ball/DLO/Ingram would have been a stud heavy foundation to grow on with the change to get to maxes in 2018.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said,

KCP like Lopez isnt in our long term plans. KCP could have also possibly been obtainable even with DLO.

DLO not wanting to play 2nd fiddle? Dlo would have loved playing with Ball and having all that pressure taking off. Would have averaged close to 20 easy.

Ball/DLO/Ingram would have been a stud heavy foundation to grow on with the change to get to maxes in 2018.

Would DLO excel playing at this pace? The guy wasn't exactly exuding with energy.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said,

Would DLO excel playing at this pace? The guy wasn't exactly exuding with energy.

Have you noticed that the Lakers/Ball have been pretty ineffective so far in half court sets? Only so much of the game can be played in transition.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said,

Have you noticed that the Lakers/Ball have been pretty ineffective so far in half court sets? Only so much of the game can be played in transition.

No, I haven't actually. I think we're getting pretty good shots, and Lonzo's driving and pitching at will.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said,

This aint 90's
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:

Yup. It's obvious that Magic let Byron's personal vendetta against the kid heavily influence his decision to trade him for a salary dump so soon.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
JohnWick wrote:
Luke needs to greatly improve his rotations. It was atrocious last season.

Care to provide some examples?....

He played Price ahead of Lin, Ryan Kelly at SF, played Boozer ahead of Randle and deliberately ran sets to get Jordan Hill mid range shots

Oh wait, never mind.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:

WOW is Luke even a Laker's fan?! smh what a D'Lo stan who won't get over it
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:

I've never understood the notion that DLO clashed with Luke. They were constantly praising each other.

Anyway, I'm the biggest DLO stan on here so I hate reading this kind of stuff because it confirms what so many of us were excited about for months.. Ball/DLO/Ingram. That trio would have been scary.

However, DLO's gone and he's going to go on to become a 5-10 time all star and we're just going to have to appreciate from afar and always kind of wonder what if.

We, on the other hand, seem to be in position to get a couple mega stars next summer.

It was always nothing more than hot air. We know this because many assumptions had to be made to make this appear to be reality, whereas everything we have seen/heard tells us that they got along well.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Quote:

WOW is Luke even a Laker's fan?! smh what a D'Lo stan who won't get over it

I don't get the kicking our butts part but as long as we come up with the win I don't care.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
32 wrote:
Yesterday the team allowed 100 points in 40 frickin minutes. It took an MVP performance by Lonzo to win the game.

You do know that Luke wasn't coaching. Right? And Brian Shaw, who you think is the defensive coach, but really have no clue, wasn't coaching either. And many of the players in the game won't be on a NBA roster.

I know Luke wasn't coaching. Stop with your b******* comments.

32, if you have a problem with a poster, that is not the proper response. If you have a problem with a post, report it and then leave it to the mods to deal with. Thank you.

VLF - see the bolded portion of your post above. Address the post, not the poster. There is no need to call out posters. Address the argument, don't go after them. Next time I see something like this, it will be a suspension.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
2019 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:

It was always nothing more than hot air. We know this because many assumptions had to be made to make this appear to be reality, whereas everything we have seen/heard tells us that they got along well.

I have a mpg stat that may suggest otherwise
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
trablos wrote:
2019 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:

"May suggest"

As I stated, you have to rely on assumptions to make the Dlo/Luke beef look real. Luke just stated himself Dlo was a stud for us last year and he's going to miss him. That is something real, its a big reach to say they had beef because luke didn't give him more minutes.

Besides, if you want to make dlo look bad, using stats is not a good idea. He had some of the best stats ever for a 2nd year guard.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
levon wrote:
trablos wrote:
2019 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:

"May suggest"

As I stated, you have to rely on assumptions to make the Dlo/Luke beef look real. Luke just stated himself Dlo was a stud for us last year and he's going to miss him. That is something real, its a big reach to say they had beef because luke didn't give him more minutes.

Besides, if you want to make dlo look bad, using stats is not a good idea. He had some of the best stats ever for a 2nd year guard.

If you were familiar with any of my post history, you'd know I'm not trying to make DLo look bad. Appealing to empiricism and then taking Luke's feelings, which may well be just lip service and etiquette, over Luke's bizarre behavior of underplaying Russell last year is pretty contradictory. I'm suggesting there was something there.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said,

KCP signed with us because we have a starting position open for him at the 2.

DLo liking a tweet about not wanting Ball is at least some evidence that he wasn't that enthusiastic about having a new lead PG take over the reigns.

While I would have liked to see how that backcourt would have played out, I know there were things behind the scenes and issues with his attitude that came into play.

If he continues to work hard, he is going to put up good numbers in Brooklyn.

With that said, KCP and Lopez could very well be here longer if we don't get the 2 max FAs.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said,

It would have been interesting to see, no? It's odd to me that Lonzo has this transformative effect on everyone but people think apparently Russell would be the exception.

Oh well, sucks but that's how it goes. Rob & Magic have earned the patience for us to see what they do with Mozgov's cap space.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
trablos wrote:
2019 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

No he didn't

idk man

Quote:

Make sure to post the MPG of the entire team that way there's no misinterpretation of the way Luke distributed minutes last season.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
danzag wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said,

The same DLo that liked a tweet saying the Lakers would be stupid to draft Ball?

Last edited by Ziggy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 307, 308, 309 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 308 of 818
Jump to: