Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject:

bottom line: how many games have luke won for us? serious question because i can't remember one game where his rotations or Play calling got us the W

otoh, he lost so many with his poor decision making
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
bottom line: how many games have luke won for us? serious question because i can't remember one game where his rotations or Play calling got us the W

otoh, he lost so many with his poor decision making

8 games.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

I don't like Luke just using Brook as a spot shooter, the guy needs to play in the post more. We really need to get away from this mimic Golden State offense and maximize the relative strengths of the roster we have.

ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
I don’t think Luke is the coach going forward. It obvious he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Seems to be standing in the way more games than not.

I'm starting to agree I was willing to give him a chance but its not looking good
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
epak wrote:
If Brook is not hitting 3s, use bogut?

If Brook is not hitting threes, use him in the post.

Stop playing Lopez like he's a stretch 5.. his BEST season from three was 34% why the heck are we creating schemes and plays for him as if he shoots 37% from three or something!?!?!?!

Seriously you have an all-star potential "offensive" center in the post that is shooting 32% from three against Zach Randolph and your first plays for him are "jack up some threes" ....

I am done with Luke's schemes. Trade Lopez to a team that needs to go over the top and get us a center Luke actually knows how to freaking use, which would be a "Bogut" role kind of center cause if it isn't the Golden State offense, Luke has no clue how to utilize it.

Why not just bench Lopez, he doesn’t bring much toward winning if he doesn’t hit 3’s.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
I don’t think Luke is the coach going forward. It obvious he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Seems to be standing in the way more games than not.

He is coaching a substandard roster, keeping us near .500 is a good job.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I have no idea why this simple idea is so hard ti understand to some people. Top 5 defense, on pace to win 34 games, did some really expected much more than that with a starting five with 4 new players, 2 rookies and our "go to guy" a second year ???? I'd say we are on the right track...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Here's what I 1000% don't get:

Okay, if Kuz is still getting the same minutes, cool, he'll still put up numbers (I still find value in prioritizing his development...) but if Luke is prioritizing defense by starting Nance, why not start Julius who can defend just as well but also provide some offense?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I have no idea why this simple idea is so hard ti understand to some people. Top 5 defense, on pace to win 34 games, did some really expected much more than that with a starting five with 4 new players, 2 rookies and our "go to guy" a second year ???? I'd say we are on the right track...

I expected our offense to be better than our defense (although figured the 3-point shooting would suck). It is a little surprising to me that we're not on pace for a better record with this D.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

Okay, if Kuz is still getting the same minutes, cool, he'll still put up numbers (I still find value in prioritizing his development...) but if Luke is prioritizing defense by starting Nance, why not start Julius who can defend just as well but also provide some offense?

I think many here are saying start one of Lopez or Kuzma along with one of Nance or Randle.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I think many here are saying start one of Lopez or Kuzma along with one of Nance or Randle.

I don't think it's as important to have a (more) balanced lineup off the bench, personally. Energy and hustle is enough to hang with second stringers against most teams.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Kind of what I'm getting at, why not just start Randle with Lopez if they're looking to add defense to the starters...? Randle will provide defense along with more to provide on offense than Larry.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Kind of what I'm getting at, why not just start Randle with Lopez if they're looking to add defense to the starters...? Randle will provide defense along with more to provide on offense than Larry.

Different kind of defense. Larry's a better team defender, IMO (loose balls, deflections, steals). While not as dynamic offensively, he's efficient and makes less mistakes.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Different kind of defense. Larry's a better team defender, IMO (loose balls, deflections, steals). While not as dynamic offensively, he's efficient and makes less mistakes.

I guess this makes sense...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

So the 2nd unit has three scorers trying to get their own while the starters have 0 guys who can do that?

https://media.giphy.com/media/CKHo4ZlaudKdG/200.gif

One of our two bests power forwards, Kuz or Randle, should be starting. Why is this difficult? Ugh this feels dumb.

or sure bench the kid who has shown the most all star potential out of all the Lakers picks these past couple years w/e
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm very pleased with the progress defensively. That alone got me to ease off of Luke a bit. As long as we remain a top 10 defense then I'm willing to give Luke time to figure out the offense and rotations.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

As good of a roleplayer Larry is, it's just plain stupid to not have your three best young players out there together (Zo/Kuz/BI) to start games. Not only does that likely lead to more wins, but it'll pay dividends for us in the future.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) this guy and his love for strong second units... This has nothing to do with Nance, but he's better as a #5 scoring option in a really good starting unit. This team needs scoring & 3 point shooting. We also need one if our young possible stars to pop, and Kuz is on that list. Free agents might look at Luke's decision to bench Kuz as a negative thing as well.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
I don't like Luke just using Brook as a spot shooter, the guy needs to play in the post more. We really need to get away from this mimic Golden State offense and maximize the relative strengths of the roster we have.

I agree with the first part, but Zo, and other players, have issues throwing initial post passes, especially when Brook gets DEEP position in the paint. Poor passing angles led to turnovers.

But, disagree with the second part. GSW utilizes the post too. They just do it through Dray and Durant with better lineups.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
As good of a roleplayer Larry is, it's just plain stupid to not have your three best young players out there together (Zo/Kuz/BI) to start games. Not only does that likely lead to more wins, but it'll pay dividends for us in the future.

I don't think playing a rookie 32 to 36mpg is THAT beneficial. Hell, JC, KCP, and other guards can't even find him when he is open. So where's the benefit?

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

I don't think playing a rookie 32 to 36mpg is THAT beneficial. Hell, JC, KCP, and other guards can't even find him when he is open. So where's the benefit?

A rookie who looks to be the best scorer of his draft class (along with Tatum)? The benefit is obvious. That people don't find him is the other half of the problem, and that's also on Luke.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

GUYS! I just woke up from the CRAZIEST dream:

I was reading LG and there was a post that said Luke had decided to start Nance once he returns and send Koozy back to the bench.

LOL imagine if that were actually true!

As soon as I read that post (in my dream) I immediately realized I was dreaming. It was my first lucid dream in a quite a while so I was a little rusty and woke up pretty much right away.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

A rookie who looks to be the best scorer of his draft class (along with Tatum)? The benefit is obvious. That people don't find him is the other half of the problem, and that's also on Luke.

I don't think any one here is considering the rookie wall and potential injuries with extended minutes.

I mean, start Kuzma, LAL guards can't find him when he's open, but play him just because he can shoot, but doesn't take open shots?

Doesn't make sense.

The Lakers have actually seen a bigger difference with Randle getting minutes next to Lopez, but Kuzma getting more minutes? Not so much.

When was the last time the Lakers were off to a hot start since Larry's injury?

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

look at this game log.

You can't tell me that Kuzma didn't already get solid minutes before LNJ got hurt.

Basically 36 minutes per game since? I don't think this is smart. This isn't about a playoff hunt.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kuzmaky01/gamelog/2018

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 391 of 818
Jump to: