Anyone rooting for GSW to fail?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

What I want from these playoffs:

-GSW to not reach the finals

-OKC to lose in the 1st or 2nd rd. so Durant has more incentive to leave

-Rockets to lose in the 1st rd. while Dwight gets ejected in their elimination game

-Lebron gets eliminated with a fully healthy team

-Raptors win the title and Masai Ujiri throws the max at DeRozan so we won't have to sign him
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Wino wrote:
I'll take them over any team in the east!!

Lakers, then west coast CA, with GS > Clippers Then Portland, then start moving east. Celtics are the last team, if they were playing a team of Chinese buttholes, I would root for the buttholes!

But GS is the modern prototype. If these are the rules the league embraces, they are who we will have to strive for.

That being said, I think the league has kind of screwed the game up. You know, right now, if Jabbar came into this league, he would be simply a good player. No center is EVER going to dominate a championship squad again, unless he is an ACE 3-Pt shooter.

A bit weird for me.

Jabbar would be incredible no matter the era.

Amen to that. In the modern NBA, he would get swarmed more with the zone principles allowed, and be less dominant, but still dominant. He was too skilled not to be. He had the most unstoppable move ever, and a good counter with his baby jumper. In his first decade, for those of you too young to have witnessed it, he played way above the rim. He was athletic. As he got older, he was too skilled and experienced to be stopped, although less dominant.

Magic was more charismatic and fun to watch, but he wasn't the best player on his team until the last 2 or 3 years. His rank on many people's all time list results from that. He knew where to throw the ball, however, when the game was on the line.

In the modern NBA, however, Curry would still be the best player. The rules favor him right now. He is a freak under the current administration. In the past, he'd be dominant, but not as dominant as Kareem.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Klay shrinks in the playoffs way too much for my liking. Makes you remember that all shooters are human and streaky, except for Steph.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Klay shrinks in the playoffs way too much for my liking. Makes you remember that all shooters are human and streaky, except for Steph.

It is hard to argue with that. Klay had some good games last year in the playoffs, but he was inconsistent. He also had several games in which he started hot, but got into foul trouble on a combination of stupid fouls and ticky tack calls. It was a little weird. He hasn't started well this year, either. He was bad last game.

It is surprising that Draymond could play so poorly and Klay could have an off night with no Steph Curry to make up for it, yet the W's only lost by one on a late shot from Harden. Houston just hasn't been good this year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I vaguely remember Scott doing the same thing with the Lakers in post season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

With the Curry injury, I don't know how good their chemistry will be if and when he is able to play the Spurs/OKC in the WCF or the Clippers in the 2nd round.

This is probably the hardest stage for them now - moreso than the Finals even if they get there. Getting through these rounds when Curry is in/out of the lineup and when he returns he'll be dealing with 2 injuries now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

The Spurs are in the Finals. Forget it.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

As basketball fans, we're being robbed if we don't get a healthy Warriors-Spurs series.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Curry is just too little and skinny to endure multiple 100 game seasons.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I thought to myself that this might happen if his ankle wasn't fully healthy. The guy is made of glass.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It was a freak accident. He complained about the wet spot prior to his falling. Someone dropped the ball and didn't dry the spot.

NBA season is only 82 games.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I thought to myself that this might happen if his ankle wasn't fully healthy. The guy is made of glass.

Are you sure?
Curry can apparently deadlift 400, which is a lot for someone who probably doesn't train deadlift much.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It was a freak accident. He complained about the wet spot prior to his falling. Someone dropped the ball and didn't dry the spot.

That's how injury prone players aggravate injuries. Body is always compensating, even off a sprained ankle.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

That's how injury prone players aggravate injuries. Body is always compensating, even off a sprained ankle.

He was playing lights out making the cuts, passes, breaking ankles, until he slipped. There's no way to compensate for a wet spot. It was a freak accident.

Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He was playing lights out making the cuts, passes, breaking ankles, until he slipped. There's no way to compensate for a wet spot. It was a freak accident.

He was playing downright atrociously, the only reason Houston was even in that game was because of how bad he was playing. No he wasn't healthy at all.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He was playing downright atrociously, the only reason Houston was even in that game was because of how bad he was playing. No he wasn't healthy at all.

What game were you watching? He was hitting his 3's, had 4 assists. If you call that atrocious you just don't like Steph. He slipped on a wet spot. LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Telleris wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

What game were you watching? He was hitting his 3's, had 4 assists. If you call that atrocious you just don't like Steph.

he was 1-7 on 3's and 2-9 overall. His shot wasn't there today.
he was playing well otherwise though - moving the ball pretty well, making the passes, etc. His timing wasn't there on his shot, which wasn't all that unexpected considering he was out for 2.5 games
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Are you sure?
Curry can apparently deadlift 400, which is a lot for someone who probably doesn't train deadlift much.

What does that have to do with him being injury prone?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Telleris wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

What game were you watching? He was hitting his 3's, had 4 assists. If you call that atrocious you just don't like Steph.

he was playing well otherwise though - moving the ball pretty well, making the passes, etc. His timing wasn't there on his shot, which wasn't all that unexpected considering he was out for 2.5 games

Thanks for the 3 stats. He was playing Steph ball in all other phases. What I like about the Dubs is someone always seems to step up. I don't know if they can bring home the Larry O'Brien without Step though.

MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
P.K. wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Telleris wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks for the 3 stats. He was playing Steph ball in all other phases. What I like about the Dubs is someone always seems to step up. I don't know if they can bring home the Larry O'Brien without Step though.

It was a freak accident. You are right. A Rockets player fell and slid right in front of him, so sweat was on the floor. He slipped half a second later right where the guy fell. It had nothing to do with him having bad ankles earlier in his career nor his ankle injury in this series. He hasn't had knee issues. He isn't that skinny.

It is hard to see them making it out of the West without Steph. Even the Clippers might beat them without Steph.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Really? I had no idea.

But actually I am referring to the season not limited to just the regular season. Last season they played 103 games not including the preseason.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Wino wrote:
You know, right now, if Jabbar came into this league, he would be simply a good player.

Well, sure, but the guy is 69 years old.

Haha, but of course!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
KBH wrote:
Wino wrote:
I'll take them over any team in the east!!

Lakers, then west coast CA, with GS > Clippers Then Portland, then start moving east. Celtics are the last team, if they were playing a team of Chinese buttholes, I would root for the buttholes!

But GS is the modern prototype. If these are the rules the league embraces, they are who we will have to strive for.

That being said, I think the league has kind of screwed the game up. You know, right now, if Jabbar came into this league, he would be simply a good player. No center is EVER going to dominate a championship squad again, unless he is an ACE 3-Pt shooter.

A bit weird for me.

Jabbar would be incredible no matter the era.

Amen to that. In the modern NBA, he would get swarmed more with the zone principles allowed, and be less dominant, but still dominant. He was too skilled not to be. He had the most unstoppable move ever, and a good counter with his baby jumper. In his first decade, for those of you too young to have witnessed it, he played way above the rim. He was athletic. As he got older, he was too skilled and experienced to be stopped, although less dominant.

Magic was more charismatic and fun to watch, but he wasn't the best player on his team until the last 2 or 3 years. His rank on many people's all time list results from that. He knew where to throw the ball, however, when the game was on the line.

In the modern NBA, however, Curry would still be the best player. The rules favor him right now. He is a freak under the current administration. In the past, he'd be dominant, but not as dominant as Kareem.

Well, the sky hook is still ONLY a two point shot. Kind of a waste if you can hit a 3. ?????
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
shnxx wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Are you sure?

What does that have to do with him being injury prone?

"The guy is made of glass"

Someone who can deadlift 400 lbs - not made of glass.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Really? I had no idea.

But actually I am referring to the season not limited to just the regular season. Last season they played 103 games not including the preseason.

OK

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: