JAZZ -at- LAKERS – 4-13-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject:

An Epic write up to an epic finish.

Thanks for everything DB.

!...
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject:

Hell of a recap DB! What a legendary night for a legendary player!
koen
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

Amazing game to finish his career.
TWrites
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject:

I agree with angrypuppy's sentiment. DB--thank you for doing such a fantastic job over the years. As Kobe did, your final Kobe writeup was incredible, too.

Thank you DancingBarry and thank you Kobe!
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

I couldn't get enough of that game last night and watched everything surrounding it until the wee hours of the morning

Thank you Kobe for pulling everything out of yourself and leaving it all on the floor again and again. You are a legend. It felt great to have "that feeling" one last time...

DB, I am in awe of your tenacity in writing up the games no matter how good or bad we are. We are all fortunate to have you here. Thank you.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Always enjoyed your recaps.

LG won't be the same without Kobe. Hopefully the kids were able to learn what it truly meant to be a Laker through his example. They've practiced with him. They've played with him. They saw him play hurt. They saw him play through injuries. The example was set. Now it's time for them to follow it.
dangle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

That was beautiful writing DB, best I've read about last night. I'm going to copy and save it so in the future when my grandkids ask me about Kobe's legendary last game, I'll just have them read what you wrote.

Damn, I'm still buzzing about that game! Absolutely magical!
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject:

Wow, what a fantastic write up. Thank you.
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
That's some really gorgeous writing, DB. Bravo, and Thank You. I have the great fortune to be at the game, and you captured it perfectly- I really enjoyed this. Thanks again, for this post, and another season's worth of great writing, and good humor in an otherwise dismal situation.

Thanks, msb. Glad you were there. I think I'd be riding the buzz from attending that for a few days. Amazing.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:

DancingBarry wrote:
Huertas -- -- Both he and Russell had all 8 of the Lakers assists in the first half, 4 each. No telling what Huertas’s future is. He showed himself well as the season went along. The D improved, the trainwreck plays disappeared. He’s a very capable PG and can play in this league. He was throwing up a few lobs tonight. Glad Gobert wasn’t out there for us.

Is this a test to see if we read it or something? =P I thought he was the biggest rally killer tonight. Every time we got within 5-7 points, he'd make stupid plays and turnovers that would make us go back down by 10+.

But then again, I'll be honest. I haven't really seen him play much this season because I've been a terrible Lakers fan. It's hard to watch really bad basketball.

That comment wasn't in reference to this game, just to his improvement from the start of the season and how he's played the last few weeks. I agree, not a great outing for him last night.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

dangle wrote:
That was beautiful writing DB, best I've read about last night. I'm going to copy and save it so in the future when my grandkids ask me about Kobe's legendary last game, I'll just have them read what you wrote.

Damn, I'm still buzzing about that game! Absolutely magical!

Thank you. I felt like I was both speechless and could write about the game for hours. What a weird feeling. Magical is right, just unreal.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
An Epic write up to an epic finish.

Thanks for everything DB.

Thanks, City_Dawg. The gunslinger didn't leave any bullets in the chamber.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
One thing that struck me is how badly the rest of this Laker team wanted this win as it dawned on them what a special performance they were witnessing from Kobe. Those final minutes I was watching guys like Randle fight for each possession hard. Utah scoring was simply not an option to them. They were going all out to move the ball to Kobe, play hellacious defense and not let Utah answer Kobe's heroics.

I hope they never forget what that intensity and conviction feels like, particularly when it results in a win, and how contagious that kind of hustle can be.

I agree. Russell certainly commented about it after the game. JC's eyes were wide and he was bouncing off the walls. Randle went nuts out there on the court with his energy and aggression. Glad the refs let them play and get after it. Impressive effort by him.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

Brilliant!

And I don't mean Kobe. I mean you DB! Excellent job of storytelling. No one does it better than you.

Only Kobe can make LA and Staples feel like we've won another championship with another legendary performance. All in one night, he dazzled us with his will and skill while slapping Father Time silly and then exiting stage right on his own terms. Congrats Kobe and thank you for 20 years as a Laker.

Kobe outscored Utah 23-21 in the 4th on dead legs, but if you look at his form and balance on his game winning spurt, he was perfect -- 20 yrs of dedication very evident. On his last jumper vs Utah, he didn't even need to push away a defender to get his shot off.

Kobe's a hard act to follow. Time for Jeannie, Jim & Mitch to rise up.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

Yeah, one of the best parts about this game is the fact that the youngsters got to be apart of something really special. These past two seasons for JC, and past season for JR/DLO have provided nothing to cheer about -- nothing that would ingrain into them the importance of being a Laker, or just how special Kobe really was. This was huge for them to see - and they responded well.

On my feed - i dont know if everyone got this -- the camera followed Kobe to the bench during each stoppage in play over the last three minutes. DLO sat next to him every time, just staring at him in awe. After years of seeing him dominate from afar, I am glad they got to experience it in person. I hope it drives them

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't give props to DB: LG's Kobe, through and through. Last night wasn't complete until your thoughts and ratings popped up - that's how much I look forward to what you do.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

And amazing night. An amazing warrior. An amazing career. I am honored that I got to experience his entire career. I appreciate the good years, and probably the down years even more now. To see him go out not just standing, but as the Mamba, I couldn't help but smile ear to ear for hours.

The look in Kobe's eyes, the one we've taken for granted. The look that made you see how determined he was to win... I swelled with pride for the first time this season when I saw it on the faces of the youngsters. I hope that being in the presence of greatness has rubbed off on them. I hope that being a part of history will ignite the desire in their hearts. I hope that this legendary performance will make them hungry to be legends themselves.

Thank you Kobe for all that you've give. Thank you for all you leave behind. And thank you DB for all the hard work. Especially during the down years.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB for all the brilliant write-ups!

KOBE!!! KOBE!!! KOBE!!!
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Quote:
…Someone hit rewind.

ooph....right in the feels....
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Big THANKS to Mr. DB and to his family that allowed him the time to write his great recaps

It was a *G*R*E*A*T* Game.

Kobe is the last Laker that had the privilege of being mentioned in a Chick Hearn broadcast.

Huertsas did show that he can play in the NBA and what can happen (at least offensively) when a player with a PG mentality is playing

DLO, even with his passing skills and vision, believes that he is a combo guard

This game provided ample evidence of the excitement that the Lakers bring to Staples Center all their young players and potential FAs. Other arenas in Portland, Bay Area, OKC and a few others have rabid fans but only in LaLa Land can a player have a global impact.
Note: There are other NBA players that are popular (LBJ, Durrant and a few others), but would they have received this much attention in the cities where they are at?

For next season, it will be interesting if JC's highest priority is to get immediate money (somebody will offer him $12-$15M) or the opportunity to build on what the Lakers have given him to have a long NBA career.

DB - spend time with your family and look forward to reading your recaps next season.

Chick: This great career is in the refrigerator... An EPIC victory over Father Time!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

So Kobe's next career is as a "Story Teller." What better mentor can he have than our own DancingBarry?
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

so beyond gutted i wasn't there. just couldn't justify spending $1200 on a pair of tickets on 4/12 via axs re-release. dumbest move i've made as a lakers fan (fan since 2002)

live and learn. at least i went to the last 8 finals games kobe played at staples. 08 (g4,5) - 09 (g1,2) - 10 (g1,2,6,7) and the last playoff game they won at home 5/18/12 vs. Thunder.

this one hurts though

anyone have scans of the commemorative book from last night?

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

I just watched the game for the third time

Anyway at the very end, after Kobe makes the HUUUUUUUUUUGE game winner, and goes over to hug everyone, he's absolutely exhausted. He's hugging them just so they keep him standing up

He literally gave his everything to this team

Thank you Kobe. For everything. Cannot imagine a better ending.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I just watched the game for the third time

Anyway at the very end, after Kobe makes the HUUUUUUUUUUGE game winner, and goes over to hug everyone, he's absolutely exhausted. He's hugging them just so they keep him standing up

He literally gave his everything to this team

Thank you Kobe. For everything. Cannot imagine a better ending.

I've watched the highlights like 10 times!

I absolutely loved the hug at the end.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

DB FTFW

Awesome, thanks again for another great season...on LG at least
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

Thanks DancingBarry! a tough year but you kept through and were rewarded with a great ending to write about! Mamba OUT!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: