JAZZ -at- LAKERS – 4-13-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB for putting in work game after game, season after season. Keep doing what you do.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB. I was at the game and it was as amazing as your write up. I'm going to bookmark this thread so that I can always come back to this awesome memory. Couldn't do it without you.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ImmortalD24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject:

If I could put up curtains and play DB's highlights on it I would do so.

Well done, especially these horrible past 3 seasons.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE

KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
FIFY
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE

KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
KOBE
FIFY

Kobe
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. These post-game analysis threads are better than anything ESPN and Yahoo and their ilk could ever conjure up. Amazing work. You're the Kobe of LG
kobe209
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB, thanks LG, and thank you Kobe Bryant. My childhood hero has finally rode off into the sunset. Thanks for the memories and the life lessons.

IG: wywsabaywb
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Most tearful reading.
Thank you DB.
Kobe made your writing easier at the end of kobe era I supposed
Thank you Kobe; thank you DB!
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Thank you DB for putting all this together during these past few difficult seasons. Had to be the most fun since beating the Celtics in the Finals, at least for me it was!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Nice write up DancingBarry. I got to admit I don't feel like reading thoses when the games are awful, but this was nice. I can't get enough of that game. I don't know how he did it or how he made that long fading 2 for the win after playing that many minutes and launching it 49 times.

What a guy. Even though it was time I can't believe this is it.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Great write up DB.

This is pretty weird - I feel like I grew up with Kobe back in '96 up to now. Kobe's been someone I've looked at as a great example of the qualities that make him successful - fire, determination, perseverance and breaking limits/boundaries to achieve what he sets his mind to.

IMO he's tied for greatest with Michael Jordan. You can literally go 1a and 1b and whoever you put in those two slots it's totally fine.

I'm going to miss seeing him play - I hope to see him continue with the NBA in some capacity, I know it's not likely but I'd love to see him get in on "Inside the NBA" with those guys - this dude can do whatever he wants and he'll be a monster success.

That game was unbelievable. He pulled out another 60 point monster performance and I'm so glad he did it. Freaking awesome.

Hope someday to meet the guy and thank him personally for what he's done in the world of sports and for millions of fans.
youra6
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I've always told myself: If we all achieve only 1/10 the drive, motivation, dedication, and work ethic as Kobe Bryant, we would all be successful in whatever we strived to do.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
TooCool wrote:

DancingBarry wrote:
Huertas -- -- Both he and Russell had all 8 of the Lakers assists in the first half, 4 each. No telling what Huertas’s future is. He showed himself well as the season went along. The D improved, the trainwreck plays disappeared. He’s a very capable PG and can play in this league. He was throwing up a few lobs tonight. Glad Gobert wasn’t out there for us.
Is this a test to see if we read it or something? =P I thought he was the biggest rally killer tonight. Every time we got within 5-7 points, he'd make stupid plays and turnovers that would make us go back down by 10+.

But then again, I'll be honest. I haven't really seen him play much this season because I've been a terrible Lakers fan. It's hard to watch really bad basketball.
That comment wasn't in reference to this game, just to his improvement from the start of the season and how he's played the last few weeks. I agree, not a great outing for him last night.
Hard to be a passing PG when everybody knows the ball will go to Kobe

It will be revealing to see which and how the young players will treat their strategic upcoming offseason upon witnessing "Up Close and Personal" - GREATNESS!

Will Randle dedicate himself to get a legitimate outside shot and be the leader

Will JC develop into a lethal assassin that will actually dedicate himself to at least be a good defender to actually make an impact on games. Is JC in for the money, hence going to another team that will pay him $12-$15M for a few years or will he stay with the Lakers to have a long thriving career

Will DLO morph into a focused PG whose priorities is to make others better on offense and defense. Maybe he will develop into one of the leaders and (like JC) will actually make an impact on games

Will the future say that these were talented NBA players that thrived on the tremendous lights of LaLaLand while under the guidance of the next high-profiled FAs Mitch will be getting or they were elite players that were able to follow the legendary Kobe
madd_game08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
TooCool wrote:

DancingBarry wrote:
Huertas -- -- Both he and Russell had all 8 of the Lakers assists in the first half, 4 each. No telling what Huertas’s future is. He showed himself well as the season went along. The D improved, the trainwreck plays disappeared. He’s a very capable PG and can play in this league. He was throwing up a few lobs tonight. Glad Gobert wasn’t out there for us.
Is this a test to see if we read it or something? =P I thought he was the biggest rally killer tonight. Every time we got within 5-7 points, he'd make stupid plays and turnovers that would make us go back down by 10+.

But then again, I'll be honest. I haven't really seen him play much this season because I've been a terrible Lakers fan. It's hard to watch really bad basketball.
That comment wasn't in reference to this game, just to his improvement from the start of the season and how he's played the last few weeks. I agree, not a great outing for him last night.
Hard to be a passing PG when everybody knows the ball will go to Kobe

It will be revealing to see which and how the young players will treat their strategic upcoming offseason upon witnessing "Up Close and Personal" - GREATNESS!

Will Randle dedicate himself to get a legitimate outside shot and be the leader

Will JC develop into a lethal assassin that will actually dedicate himself to at least be a good defender to actually make an impact on games. Is JC in for the money, hence going to another team that will pay him $12-$15M for a few years or will he stay with the Lakers to have a long thriving career

Will DLO morph into a focused PG whose priorities is to make others better on offense and defense. Maybe he will develop into one of the leaders and (like JC) will actually make an impact on games

Will the future say that these were talented NBA players that thrived on the tremendous lights of LaLaLand while under the guidance of the next high-profiled FAs Mitch will be getting or they were elite players that were able to follow the legendary Kobe

All of you who post here more regularly know more than I do that the past few years have been progressively more painful to withstand.

This singular game (hopefully) was the spark of hope this franchise desperately needed.

It was so inspiring to see Mamba take over in the 4th quarter for the last time, surrounded by a bunch of 1 & 2 year players, our core 4 (Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance) and put that group of youngsters on his back... to get them to buy into what he was trying to do... to get them to play both ends of the floor as A TEAM-- this is something we have not witnessed since probably game 7 of the 2010 finals. It's an all too familiar feeling we all know having followed Kobe the past 20 years... but we have somehow lost pieces of in the mess and disarray the past few seasons. These guys all got behind him and played not only with him but FOR him.

It was a thing of absolute beauty.

He made a disappointing 17 win team the biggest story not only in the NBA, but in all of sports and overshadowed a record-breaking game for GSW... insane.

This game will be something talked about for years to come. Legendary.

When it's all said and done, Kobe will never go down as the most efficient and successful (that was Michael or arguably Bill Russell)

he will never go down as the most talented or best teammate (that was Magic)

he will never go down as the most dominant (that was Shaq and/or Wilt)

he may not even be the most consistent (for Kareem and Duncan deserve mention) or competitive (again Michael and Jerry West) although he was in many ways both...

What he undoubtedly was, and will be always, is one of the most (if not the most) persistent, the most determined, the most dedicated athlete I have EVER had the pleasure of witnessing. Most of the players I mentioned above, while absolutely great, would not have withstood the last 5 years of disappointments and injuries Kobe did, and came back against all odds again and again, to lead up to one singular moment of greatness.

He left it all on the floor.

I am proud that for one final night-- if only one night-- we once again experienced Laker greatness courtesy of Mr. Kobe Bean Bryant.

Hats off to you, sir.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject:

Before the game I was thinking about kobe playing 24 minutes and scoring 24 points...

But I'll settle with 60.

The best part of the last game was the ending for sure. And not just for what Kobe did, but how the four Lakers of the future stood behind him and played smothering D, in order to get that win for Kobe.
Just like madd_game put it:
madd_game08 wrote:
These guys all got behind him and played not only with him but FOR him.

This was a true one for all, all for one performance.

And right next to this stands what DB has been doing and hopefully will continue. Hat off and there are no words to express how much I appreciate it. Many thanks to your family as well for allowing you to spoil us!

Go Lakers! Go LakersGround!

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject:

Thanks as always for the writeup.

I haven't fully accepted that Kobe is gone. That will probably happen when the Lakers play their next regular season game. Until then, I'm in this odd state of limbo where I fully think there's another page in this book, but also know it's the last page.

It was great last show...and then it was gone. Like so many great things in life.

It just won't be the same without him.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kobe Farewell Game Thread Standings wrote:

DancingBarry...................................1-0(Q)

THANKS A LOT DB! Horrible season but glad you were there to cover it.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:

Such BS!!! If DancingBarry had made every thread this season, we'd have gone 82-0!!!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Before the game I was thinking about kobe playing 24 minutes and scoring 24 points...

But I'll settle with 60.

The best part of the last game was the ending for sure. And not just for what Kobe did, but how the four Lakers of the future stood behind him and played smothering D, in order to get that win for Kobe.
Just like madd_game put it:
madd_game08 wrote:
These guys all got behind him and played not only with him but FOR him.

This was a true one for all, all for one performance.

And right next to this stands what DB has been doing and hopefully will continue. Hat off and there are no words to express how much I appreciate it. Many thanks to your family as well for allowing you to spoil us!

Go Lakers! Go LakersGround!

Well said. I'm still grinning about the way that game ended. I'm really happy about how the young guys rose to the occasion and refused to let Utah win. With the Lakers pulling close, DLO with good defense on his man forcing a pass and missed shot by Utah, Russell closes the Utah possession with a solid box out and rebound, seconds later we get that EPIC score for the lead by Kobe.

And then it was Randle's turn to have the amp cranked to 11 on defense in front of Utah's basket. Total denial, you guys are NOT scoring.

I also thought it was a smart play by Clarkson with the leak out as the Lakers secure the ball, sure enough Kobe finds him downtown for the dunk. Now Lakers are going to win this thing! GAME. OVER!

For all the jokes on LG about what does and doesn't affect Kobe's legacy, this game really did matter. Sure a big part of his legacy is how he inspires others. But the fact that Kobe's 60 point outburst produced an amazing come from behind victory, not a close defeat, that provides the perfect punctuation to his career, a truly unforgettable game that people will talk about for years. He walked off the court under his own terms, with his head held high. A storybook ending. Victorious in his final act. That could not have happened without these rooks playing like their lives depended on stopping Utah those last couple minutes.

DLO and Randle both came up big on defense, and that was beautiful to watch. I hope they never forget that feeling, what it's like to absolutely refuse to let the other team score when the game is on the line.

Most importantly I'll repeat what everyone else has been saying - DB you're the greatest! Thanks to you and your family as well, for all the time you share with us. You can't find write-ups this good anywhere else.

My rating for DB:
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
diando wrote:

Such BS!!! If DancingBarry had made every thread this season, we'd have gone 82-0!!!!

Heh. It was an honor to do the last Kobe game thread. And Kobe turned that into a hell of a read. Maybe I should save my next game thread for a must-win in the playoffs.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

[quote="DancingBarry"][quote="Number 7"][quote="diando"]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[color=#FDB827]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thank you,DB, for everything you do. Thank you,KB 24, for all the memories. I'm thankful to say that I was able to witness his entire career in the PNG!
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Kobe and DB. GOATS!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

First!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: