How many of you will be out if Byron is retained?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Byron's continued employment effect your support of the Lakers?
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 52 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 92 ]
It already has.
14%
 14%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 168

Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Byron needs 20 wins to avoid dropping below .400 for his career next season. If Philly improves, he could win 20 while giving the Lakers a 63% chance of a top 3. No matter the result of this lottery, he could still lose 60 with Simmons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Byron needs 20 wins to avoid dropping below .400 for his career next season. If Philly improves, he could win 20 while giving the Lakers a 63% chance of a top 3. No matter the result of this lottery, he could still lose 60 with Simmons.

I think Simmons would be a good second choice. If the Lakers get the #1 pick and he's available, I'd want them to take Thon Maker.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

I think Simmons would be a good second choice. If the Lakers get the #1 pick and he's available, I'd want them to take Thon Maker.

His stock has really slipped the past two years, but only takes a workout to change that. My issue with him is how he avoids contact when dribbling the ball. But there were questions about Porzingis' handle and coordination last year, too.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Byron has done the franchise a great favor. He gave us the potential of 2 back to back lotto picks. Without that, the dearth of talent thanks to "Basketball Reasons" and Dwight Howard, the Lakers would be a sub playoff team for 10 more years.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject:

The four year tumble of the club (taken together, as a whole) has already discouraged me from "supporting the club". I live East coast, so reduced support takes the form of both avoiding Laker games on TV and of feeling a general lack of enthusiasm for the season's activity. There's been little news-wise to recommend the team, right ?

B-Scott impresses me as having proven himself resoundingly unqualified for the head coaching job for the Lakers. He seems to be an unimaginative head coach. He has shown little talent for player teaching and relationship development. His teams reflect poor design of both offense and defense. His use of talent game-to-game and month-to-month is perplexing. His teams' results represent all-time new lows for the franchise.

If the club were to continue with Byron into next season, it would be a severe disappointment.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:

I watched an all-time low amount of Lakers games this season. Probably 10 or 11.

I attended one game at Staples.

I probably bought only a few little Lakers related things. Small thing, like pens.

My enthusiasm wasn't there.

Next season, if Byron is back Ill probably watch a game or two early in the season to see if anything has changed. If not, I'll find something else to do and just read articles and follow news... waiting for the announcement that he's fired.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Agreed. He's definitely not as much of a "sure thing", but if there's any time to take a risk it's now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I watched an all-time low amount of Lakers games this season. Probably 10 or 11.

I attended one game at Staples.

I probably bought only a few little Lakers related things. Small thing, like pens.

My enthusiasm wasn't there.

Next season, if Byron is back Ill probably watch a game or two early in the season to see if anything has changed. If not, I'll find something else to do and just read articles and follow news... waiting for the announcement that he's fired.

That's it. I couldn't stand watching Lakers games from mid-season and beyond. Too painful.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

Neither Byron Scott, nor anyone else, could ever make me stop watching and supporting my Lakers. Losing will, however, cause me to tune them out until changes are made. Next season's team will inevitably involved change.

So my excitement is high in anticipation of the lottery and summer. I'm not going to hyper-focus on whether Byron stays or leaves undermine my optimism.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject:

I think BS is a terrible coach. Until this thread was up, I had not realized that I already have scaled back on watching games.

His antics are frustrating to me. I've not drifted to another team but I'm more at peace while not watching him. This a big switch from dumping money on home and away games, I realize now. I've always been busy but now I let that fill spaces much of Lakers ball used to occupy.

The off season fills me with hope that we'll get a new coach, some FA's and maybe even a pick so maybe this is the High part of the season, for me at least. To each his own, I guess.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

LAKER FOR LIFE I've watched fewer games this season than I ever have. It's not because of Scott, it's because the teams not entertaining.

We've had teams that didn't win in the past but there was always effort. This team doesn't seem to care if it wins or loses.

I don't think winning is a priority this season. I'm hoping that's because this season is solely a Kobe send off. I don't blame Byron for that. He's playing Kobe for the many that come to see him.

Kobe's last game was the reason for the season and he closed it with a bang. So long Mamba.

I'll wait until next season to pass judgement on Scott.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LAKER FOR LIFE I've watched fewer games this season than I ever have. It's not because of Scott, it's because the teams not entertaining.

We've had teams that didn't win in the past but there was always effort. This team doesn't seem to care if it wins or loses.

I don't think winning is a priority this season. I'm hoping that's because this season is solely a Kobe send off. I don't blame Byron for that. He's playing Kobe for the many that come to see him.

Kobe's last game was the reason for the season and he closed it with a bang. So long Mamba.

I'll wait until next season to pass judgement on Scott.

When you don't like your boss or coach, you tend to go through the motions. A coach sets the stage for the team. They create the right atmosphere for the players to play in, Phil was good at this. Lakers will always be my favorite team, but i can't bring myself to watch this same stuff next season.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

I watched about 60 games this season.

If Scott is retained and the team stays the same outside of the draft, I will probably not watch as much.

Watched the lakers this season because of Kobe and Russ
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

I'll watch box scores occasionally and Cachooka Man's highlights (thanks buddy).

If it wasn't for Kobe's last year I would have spent the time working overtime or playing Madden or something.

It will drastically affect my outlook of this team.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

i will always support my lakers, but that doesnt mean i support their decisions.

Byron or no byron, im behind em.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

If the FO isn't putting any effort into the season why should I be?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Keep voting YES guys.

The more discontent with Scott means the Lakers will feel the pressure just imagine if hundreds or thousands of fans protested for the firing of Scott... No one can ignore that sort of magnitude.. The Lakers know that this is the Lakers and we want a contending team next year and with Scott at helm that is impossible.
Triangle_Offense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
If the FO isn't putting any effort into the season why should I be?
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

wow oh wow, 53% say "no".
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I will watch the game for youngsters, but mentally prepared for another crap season with frustrating, archaic plays and another bottom 3 season.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

KFT saved byrons ass next yr the ratings will be down and Scott will be out ASAP
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
KFT saved byrons ass next yr the ratings will be down and Scott will be out ASAP

Another wasted year, only this time it's gonna be Madsen coaching the final 60 games after the team starts 2-20.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Byron has done the franchise a great favor. He gave us the potential of 2 back to back lotto picks. Without that, the dearth of talent thanks to "Basketball Reasons" and Dwight Howard, the Lakers would be a sub playoff team for 10 more years.

Hard to give Byron credit for that. My dog could have coached this team and accomplished the same.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I don't think I've said one bad thing about Byron on here. I am amazed he still has his job though.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Wow you guys are cold...

I am a Laker fan for life, and I have had season tickets since 2003 so every disastrous year, barring last year, is uh.. difficult. However, this team the last two years is TERRIBLE.... I mean a dumpster fire, I don't think any coach could have done better, and I am serious. I think people are seriously overrating the talent on these teams. No Kobe, NBA has-been's, and one.. okay... two rookies. I mean talent and experience-wise we deserve our record and to quote Goodfellas "we couldn't do nothing about it." Byron couldn't fix it, no one could.

Byron's job was to be a good soldier and fall on this grenade and get paid. Laker fan's will hate him for awhile, he will get paid, and that is that. We most likely will suck next year, barring a major free agent acquisition, so we might as well let him ride it out until his contract is up. If we get Lebron or KD, and they want a certain coach, then fine. But barring that, wait a year, let him run out his contract, or he "resigns" mid-season when something better comes along.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: