Byron Scott responds to all his Critics: "I'm a lot Smarter than All of them when it comes to Basketball"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject:

Phil Jackson had Shaq swimming out into a river and moving a log in the off-season. Byron can't tell JC to work on defense?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Does anyone seriously want Byron wasting another year of DLO/JC/Randle and then screwing around with Ingram/Simmons?

Apparently several people in this thread and maybe some people in the FO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Does anyone seriously want Byron wasting another year of DLO/JC/Randle and then screwing around with Ingram/Simmons?

Just don't be a wuss.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just don't be a wuss. :lol:

Well if only I paid someone millions of dollars a year to yell that at me constantly, I wouldn't be one.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

This effing clown-

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837571-ex-lakers-hc-byron-scott-clippers-are-more-desirable-free-agent-spot-than-lal

Byron is saying the Clippers is a better free agent destination than us.
(Even if that is true this very second, it's not my point)

HOW DID WE GET SO EFFED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE BYRON YOU FREAKIN MORON?!?
Does this clown truly not understand HE is one of the reasons we suck now?!!?

You can't make this stuff up.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Of course he is. He's been a "pro" for nearly 30+ years.

Now, let's compare him to other coaches and I can't vouch for how "smart" he is compared to them.

When asked what he thought of Byron as a coach, Pop once said he’s a good guy to grab a glass of wine with
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
I'm no Byron apologist, but he's not lying.

On the other hand, you can be the smartest guy in the world and still be a horrible teacher.

but he still has a point, when looking at the internet for all the complaints and arguments against players and management. 99% of the time, they ARE a lot smarter than all the arm chair quarterbacking experts on the web.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
The smartest guy simply knows that he is; it's always the dumb ones that have to speak out about it.

Represent brother!!!
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
The smartest guy simply knows that he is; it's always the dumb ones that have to speak out about it.

Represent brother!!!

Kyrie, whilst I love his game, would fall solidly into this category.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
This effing clown-

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837571-ex-lakers-hc-byron-scott-clippers-are-more-desirable-free-agent-spot-than-lal

Byron is saying the Clippers is a better free agent destination than us.
(Even if that is true this very second, it's not my point)

HOW DID WE GET SO EFFED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE BYRON YOU FREAKIN MORON?!?
Does this clown truly not understand HE is one of the reasons we suck now?!!?

You can't make this stuff up.

Actually Byron saying this - it means that the Lakers may actually be in the right direction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart would agree with that sentiment
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

Showtime must die.

All these guys are getting older and can’t handle that the game has passed them by. They had their run, but they have no clue when it comes to the modern game.

Byron, Magic, etc. take your fast break layup strategies to your mansions. Go hit the gym, run layup lines, enjoy life and stop embarrassing yourselves in the media.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Showtime must die.

All these guys are getting older and can’t handle that the game has passed them by. They had their run, but they have no clue when it comes to the modern game.

Byron, Magic, etc. take your fast break layup strategies to your mansions. Go hit the gym, run layup lines, enjoy life and stop embarrassing yourselves in the media.

This is BS, how come Jerry West is a God but everyone else over 30 is just a washed up old MF to you?

This site is full of racial, sexual and age discrimination. It is a joke. Get over yourselves.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Showtime must die.

This is BS, how come Jerry West is a God but everyone else over 30 is just a washed up old MF to you?

This site is full of racial, sexual and age discrimination. It is a joke. Get over yourselves.

What? Why don’t you follow what people say instead of picking and choosing what fits your narrative or ludicrous accusations?

-Magic was a legendary player. He was a terrible coach and a terrible executive.
-Byron Scott was a good player. Mixed coaching record. Terrible advice on young players.
-Jerry West the best executive in the history of the game Period. Like not even a discussion tbh. Look up his resume, just like look up Magic and Byron’s resume.

And just so you don’t think there is any preferential treatment here: Phil, Rambii, Rob and Jeanie need to all GTFO.

So next time, please don’t just have selective reading just for the sake of narratives and like I said crazy accusations.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Showtime must die.

Not trying to speak on your main point here but I will say that if Jerry West was a gay 24 year old African American and he helped the Lakers win multiple championships in his post playing career I'm pretty sure he'd still be more liked and respected than two others who arguably were detrimental to the success of the franchise.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Phil Jackson can take his outdated triangle offense and go run it at Montana High School.

Is that racist or discrimination too?

It’s about winning and stop living in the past to the point where it is detrimental to the franchise. Nothing more, nothing less.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Showtime must die.

And alcoholism is a series disease which you make light of with a name like wino.

Not fun when the shoe is on the other foot I’m guessing.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Showtime must die.

Is Kurt Rambis black? The last time I checked, everyone on LG was ripping on him too.

Is Kobe white? How about Kobe's reputation for being a grinder, meticulous, intelligent? Why do you think people believe that about him? Ask everyone if they'd like to see Kobe given a shot at being POBO/GM or involved with the FO in some capacity? Some might say no simply because they have been scarred by the failures of other ex-players who entered the FO and think we need to stop hiring ex-players completely... but I'd think the majority of fans would answer with a resounding yes, I definitely would.

How about your posts on Jeanie? Are you sure you're not ripping on her simply because she's a woman and you're sexist? Why is it okay for you to think you're not sexist for thinking Jeanie is in over her head and wanting her to sell the Lakers.... and yet simultaneously accuse people who have a problem with Magic as POBO of being racist, especially after this thoughtless interview that could potentially harm the Lakers as an organization? Double standards much? You're a saint, we're all evil sinners.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
I'm no Byron apologist, but he's not lying.

On the other hand, you can be the smartest guy in the world and still be a horrible teacher.

He is lying. He’s not smart at all. Smart people don’t have to convince you they know what they’re doing. You take notice.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

wasted space
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

He may very well have more knowledge than most of them, but I don’t think he’s a particularly smart person. His inability to transfer his knowledge into becoming a successful coach directly speaks to this.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Why did we bump a 3 year old thread?

But since we did, no point feeding into Byron's rhetoric Hesostly just trying to stay relevant even as an analyst and has to say things that make him sound less biased, or so I would assume.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:

But since we did, no point feeding into Byron's rhetoric Hesostly just trying to stay relevant even as an analyst and has to say things that make him sound less biased, or so I would assume.

For psycho Lakers fans, attacking former Laker greats is commonplace and seems to be their birthright. It may be pretentious and childish but who cares about the subject even if it is considerably relevant.

Regarding the actual subject, I agree with Mr. Scott that the Clippers may be a better FA destination considering our FO woes.

Regarding the thread bump, this smells of someone with subconscious hate of an individual for no other reason than to pile on and reinforce some unsavory beliefs.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

For psycho Lakers fans, attacking former Laker greats is commonplace and seems to be their birthright. It may be pretentious and childish but who cares about the subject even if it is considerably relevant.

Regarding the actual subject, I agree with Mr. Scott that the Clippers may be a better FA destination considering our FO woes.

Regarding the thread bump, this smells of someone with subconscious hate of an individual for no other reason than to pile on and reinforce some unsavory beliefs.

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

because of our struggles, fans are trying to blame anyone...

EXCEPT

LBJ.

it's not jeanie's, byron's, magic's, etc....fault that lbj can't perform on the court as expected.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: