Official 2016 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 600, 601, 602 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I don't understand why a lot of people here say the Warriors are going to sweep or win in 5. Did they not watch last year's finals? I recall LeBron literally by himself taking the Warriors to game 6. He now has a healthy Love, Irving and Frye along with Jefferson. Are they not a little better than last year?

I say Cavs in 6.

Because it cannot be translated that simplistically. If it can, you would put your life savings to bet on the Cavs, and also convince your parents and relatives to put up their life savings as well. But you're not doing that, right?

The Cavs last year became blue collar and gave the Warriors fits. But this year with Irving and Love, they'll get more offense but less defense. I think Curry actually prefers seeing Irving out there than Deli. Then again, Curry now has to deal with Irving on the defensive end. It's a brand new ball game and we don't know how it's going to play out, but it'll be a heck of a series.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
I think Harrison Barnes could have a big series against the Cavs. He should have plenty of open looks and lanes to the basket.

Warriors in 7

Harrison Barnes? Who's he? I think I saw his face on the back of a milk carton recently...

Seriously!

I really do not understand why he is considered a max guy, I feel bad for any team that gives the spotlight to an above average role player. He can shoot good and is lengthy on defense, but he can't pass well or make his own shot and seems to be timid and will disappear for long stretches. A definition role player. I definitely do not want him at the max.

Or maybe, just maybe, he is playing a role in a stacked GSW team? And has the potential to be a lot more when given the opportunity?

I'd like to believe that, but I am just not seeing it. I guess if the Lakers go after him, it will be with Luke's blessing that he can do a lot more than he's showing. I haven't seen a lot of impact ball from him, though, even when the Warriors needed someone else to step up with Curry out.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

It's amazing how much of a Lebron ass kisser Stephen A still is. He was rooting hard for OKC to win this series, and was depressed when they choked it away. Took me a while to realize, but the guy just wanted Lebron to have an easier series. He practically admitted as much on First Take yesterday (i.e. doesn't want Lebron to have another finals L, and thought that OKC would be a better matchup for CLE).
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure Curry prefers seeing Irving out there instead of Delly... Ego maybe but basketball wise, no
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Guys, I'm tired of the (bleep) playoffs already. Who cares which team we're rooting for and how good the games are? The Lakers aren't in it, and I'm just dying with this slow burn of a wait until the draft and free agency...

Can we work out Simmons/Ingram already?

Part of me feels this way, actually. I'm nowhere near as stoked for the Finals as I was for WCF. The Cavs are my irrational hate team (well them and the Clips) and I just don't enjoy watching them. I want GSW to beat them, obviously, but part of me is just ready to move on to the draft and for whatever reason I'm really looking forward to Summer League. We're thinking of going...
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

Irving will be guarded by Klay, Smith by Curry, Barnes on Durant, Green on Love, and Bogut on Thompson. So all and all it doesn't matter about curry on the defensive end even if it is Irving and not Delly because he won't be guarding him.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

Did people forget that once Lebron was tired last year the Cavs had no offense. They won't have such a problem this year with Irving and Love healthy. Much easier to stop the Cavs when they could focus all their energies on Lebron and force the rest of the players to beat them.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Did people forget that once Lebron was tired last year the Cavs had no offense. They won't have such a problem this year with Irving and Love healthy. Much easier to stop the Cavs when they could focus all their energies on Lebron and force the rest of the players to beat them.

Both Kyrie and Love suck defensively... so theres that. People talk about Love and Kyrie.... did you watch Love last time they played in Cleveland... Kevin Love was as useless as a dead corpse defensively.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Both Kyrie and Love suck defensively... so theres that. People talk about Love and Kyrie.... did you watch Love last time they played in Cleveland... Kevin Love was as useless as a dead corpse defensively.

Regular season results mean squat in the playoffs. You should realize that if you saw the Thunder-Warriors series.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
miamichico305 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Regular season results mean squat in the playoffs. You should realize that if you saw the Thunder-Warriors series.

Yet people keep bringing up what happened LAST YEAR.... as to why the Cavs will win..
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Game of Zones: Cavs and Cav Nots

Quote:
In this sixth episode of Game of Zones, the young T-Wolves have an encounter in the woods, James Harden laments as House Rockets falls to the Warriors, and LeBron and Kyrie take a treacherous detour on the way to Golden State.

Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Guys, I'm tired of the (bleep) playoffs already. Who cares which team we're rooting for and how good the games are? The Lakers aren't in it, and I'm just dying with this slow burn of a wait until the draft and free agency...

Part of me feels this way, actually. I'm nowhere near as stoked for the Finals as I was for WCF. The Cavs are my irrational hate team (well them and the Clips) and I just don't enjoy watching them. I want GSW to beat them, obviously, but part of me is just ready to move on to the draft and for whatever reason I'm really looking forward to Summer League. We're thinking of going...

I agree.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

They did a poll on who will win this series, and one of the few people to pick Cavs were Royce Young (Thunder reporter) and Dave McMenamin (former Lakers reporter, mercenary, current Cavs reporter).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

I agree.
"I'm there, dude!"
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

I agree.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I don't see either of those two impacting the win column more than Lebron did last year which was what, 2 games? That addition, especially love is not worth another 2 games with no home court

No offense to Lebron, or take offense I don't really care, but he's not the type of player who can put the team on his back and grind out a game 6 of game 7 when you need it absolutely the most ( finals ). He defers way too much to a fault and the people he's deferring to won't win it. I love Kyrie and think scoring wise he's better than Lebron so the only chance they have is if he goes bonkers
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yep theyll score more but with them out there soo will GSW. Mozgov/Tristan/Delli made it a slow tempo grind it out series which gave GSW some fits. But with Love and kyrie the tempo will be faster which will benefit GS more
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

You guys think Jr. Smith and Irving is going to be able to contain Curry and Thompson? We all know Lebron ain't gonna do it. He might switch on Curry for a few plays but that's it. Did you see what Adams did to Green? Well Green is going to do that to Love this time around, match ups are a (bleep) for Cleveland.

Livingston
Klay
Iggy
Barnes
Green

All going to take turns on the Queen.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Go with Cavs in 6. Just have this feeling.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
They did a poll on who will win this series, and one of the few people to pick Cavs were Royce Young (Thunder reporter) and Dave McMenamin (former Lakers reporter, mercenary, current Cavs reporter).

Yeah, but Baxter and Ramona picked the Warriors. Plus I think Baxter does an amazing job covering our crappy Lakers the past two seasons. He gets us noticed on ESPN even though we are scraping the bottom of the toilet. Cleveland can keep McMenamin. In a few years he'll wish he was still coving the Lakers.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

I really don't care who wins, but part of me wants to see Golden State take it. There is one reason and one reason alone. $&@% Dan Gilbert. $&@% him, $&@# his team, $&@% his comic sans, and $&@% his crying letter about the Chris Paul trade. I'd love to see his letter to Cleveland if his trade ever got vetoed. I mean, yeah if Lebron won another, he'd be a ring closer to Kobe, but he is a great player and I have not problem acknowledging greatness.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

I just can't see it...LeBron is 31 going on 32 and he'll have a pumped AI guarding him again. Love is nowhere near as much of a matchup issue for Green as Steven Adams was. And Irving? Pffft...Steph literally just got done dueling Durant and Westbrook 2 vs 1 at the and of Game 7 and came out on top. And let's not forget he punked Harden and Lillard too. That's not even taking into account Klay Thompson, who is leaps and bounds better than his 2015 self.

I say Warriors in 5.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject:

D'Alphalo wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I just can't see it...LeBron is 31 going on 32 and he'll have a pumped AI guarding him again. Love is nowhere near as much of a matchup issue for Green as Steven Adams was. And Irving? Pffft...Steph literally just got done dueling Durant and Westbrook 2 vs 1 at the and of Game 7 and came out on top. And let's not forget he punked Harden and Lillard too. That's not even taking into account Klay Thompson, who is leaps and bounds better than his 2015 self.

I say Warriors in 5.

Underrated factor why Cleveland sniffed even 2 wins last year.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Sadly I agree way too predictable for everyone jumping on the Warriors bandwagon plus I can't imagine the NBA passing up a LeBron wins one for Cleveland storyline the Warriors won last season.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject:

This series is GSW's to lose. Cleveland is dangerous when they're hitting 3's , but the Dubs defenders are quick and willing to follow shooters. When Love is not making 3's he's useless, same with Frye, same with JR. A defender can shadow Love and Frye beyond the arc and they won't be leaving the defenders behind. Now try covering Curry and Klay outside the arc, and watch them beat you to the basket. And who is the Cav's rim protector, Tristan?
Curry and Thompson are much much better than last year, Green is better. Only Barnes has regressed a little.
At the end of the day it will be up to LBJ and Kyrie. Both will have to have monster games from the get go for the Cavs to have a chance.
And GSW is playing a 10-man deep (or 11 if Varejao plays), battle-tested rotation, while Cleveland is using a 7/8 man rotation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 600, 601, 602 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next
Page 601 of 1012
Jump to: