Anyone Else Starting To Forget What A Winning Lakers Team Looked Like?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Other than Kobes final game, I havent enjoyed a Lakers game in a long time

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
Other than Kobes final game, I havent enjoyed a Lakers game in a long time

I enjoyed the win over the Warriors, the win over Miami, the win over Brooklyn, Milwaukee, and a handful of others. There were glimmers when Byron wasn't being Byron.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Lol. We were 45-37 in 2012-13. Relax.

YUP! I am actually enjoying some LGers losing patience and complaining

It's insane. Kobe was injured for 2 years and this year was his fair well tour. And people on this site are livid over our ownership and Mitch Kupchak for some reason. I know we are the Lakers and all, but that doesn't mean we are exempt from losing seasons. The fact that people say they forget what winning Laker basketball looks like when we have 16 rings and have only missed the playoffs a handful of times in our existence is laughable tbh.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

It's insane. Kobe was injured for 2 years and this year was his fair well tour. And people on this site are livid over our ownership and Mitch Kupchak for some reason. I know we are the Lakers and all, but that doesn't mean we are exempt from losing seasons. The fact that people say they forget what winning Laker basketball looks like when we have 16 rings and have only missed the playoffs a handful of times in our existence is laughable tbh.

I will be livid as long as Byron Scott is coach of this team. It is not expecting too much to ask this team to win more than 17 games and put out a product that is watchable, as opposed to ISO after ISO and broken rotation after broken rotation.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Forgot long ago. Welcome to the Jim Buss lakers, where our owners spend their days getting drunk and being over confident that everything will just work itself out. No appreciation or understanding of the work that goes into making everything work out.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Exactly.

Chill people. I don't approve of this stealth tank and FO mess, but the Lakers are not in it every year. 92-99 was a long stretch but made me patient, maybe this current rut will do some LGers some good.

Bye.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Best thing about Kobe's last game was being able to feel good about the lakers again.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Nope. We won the championship only 6 years ago.
Call me after 12 years with Magic having to retire early.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I don't ask for much. I just want measurable improvement. Instead, we keep getting worse. Get me to the Cedric ceballos, Nick van exel, Eddie jones Lake show pt. 2 and I'd be a happy camper. Hell, keep Cedric and just give me Doug Christie at this point. Lol!
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject:

Yes, I have forgotten. It's not that I've lost patience and am starting to panic but rather not having faith in ownership regardless of how much time passes. Can anyone honestly show me one positive thing that our front office has done since Dr. Buss passed? Because I've noticed a very consistent downhill tumble. I will not watch this team under Byron's leadership any longer.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject:

What, we stopped winning?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Forgot long ago. Welcome to the Jim Buss lakers, where our owners spend their days getting drunk and being over confident that everything will just work itself out. No appreciation or understanding of the work that goes into making everything work out.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Else Starting To Forget What A Winning Lakers Team Looked Like?

yinoma2001 wrote:

With the possibility of Byron coming back this is getting downright depressing. I was around for the 1990s post Magic rebuild (and of course Showtime) and I always remembered the Lakers still being exciting.

Not really. We had about 4 years where AC, Worthy and Byron were still on the roster, but with a bunch of low level players around them. Those teams won 35-45 wins. It wasn't until they drafted Eddie Jones and brought in Ceballos, to pair with Van Exel, did they become exciting again. And of course they brought back Magic for a year.

Russell isn't as good as NVE and Randall isn't an exciting player. It's going to take a couple more years, unless we land a major FA.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject:

I have friends from San Antonio and we used to talk crap all the time and we are so horrible that they feel bad for me and it just angers me that we aren't even a low playoff seed. Spurs at the very least during this Duncan-Kobe run at worst were eliminated in the first round. We've missed the playoffs and are a laughingstock! We are the LAKERS not some random crap team BUT GUESS WHAT?? WE ARE A RANDOM CRAP TEAM WITH AN INCOMPETENT FO THAT THINKS THEY HAVE SOME PLAN!!! Mitch signs Hibbert, Bass, and Williams like they were glue guys to the young core and Kobe and GUESS WHAT??? TODAY HE IS THINKING THAT SCOTT SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE A ROSTER!!

HEY MITCHELL!!! YOU PUT THIS ATROCITY TOGETHER!!! NO ONE WANTS MITCH FIRED ALONG WITH BYRON???? I'm just so fed up with the wait!! We should be low to middle playoff team not bottom dwellers collecting young assets!!! Mitch seems to imply they are crap because that's why he's considering giving Scott another shot! WHICH IS IT?????????????
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
I have friends from San Antonio and we used to talk crap all the time and we are so horrible that they feel bad for me and it just angers me that we aren't even a low playoff seed. Spurs at the very least during this Duncan-Kobe run at worst were eliminated in the first round. We've missed the playoffs and are a laughingstock! We are the LAKERS not some random crap team BUT GUESS WHAT?? WE ARE A RANDOM CRAP TEAM WITH AN INCOMPETENT FO THAT THINKS THEY HAVE SOME PLAN!!! Mitch signs Hibbert, Bass, and Williams like they were glue guys to the young core and Kobe and GUESS WHAT??? TODAY HE IS THINKING THAT SCOTT SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE A ROSTER!!

HEY MITCHELL!!! YOU PUT THIS ATROCITY TOGETHER!!! NO ONE WANTS MITCH FIRED ALONG WITH BYRON???? I'm just so fed up with the wait!! We should be low to middle playoff team not bottom dwellers collecting young assets!!! Mitch seems to imply they are crap because that's why he's considering giving Scott another shot! WHICH IS IT?????????????

Preach brother!
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Exactly.

Chill people. I don't approve of this stealth tank and FO mess, but the Lakers are not in it every year. 92-99 was a long stretch but made me patient, maybe this current rut will do some LGers some good.

Bye.

92-99 We were in the playoffs 7 times in 8 years!!!!!!!!!! our worst seasons were 43, 39, and 33 wins!!! THIS IS NOT A RUT!! IT'S AN ABOMINATION!!!!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Else Starting To Forget What A Winning Lakers Team Looked Like?

vanexelent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With the possibility of Byron coming back this is getting downright depressing. I was around for the 1990s post Magic rebuild (and of course Showtime) and I always remembered the Lakers still being exciting.

Not really. We had about 4 years where AC, Worthy and Byron were still on the roster, but with a bunch of low level players around them. Those teams won 35-45 wins. It wasn't until they drafted Eddie Jones and brought in Ceballos, to pair with Van Exel, did they become exciting again. And of course they brought back Magic for a year.

Russell isn't as good as NVE and Randall isn't an exciting player. It's going to take a couple more years, unless we land a major FA.

We missed 1 playoffs in the 1990s. I guess that's what I meant. We're probably going to miss our 4th playoffs in a row and lord knows what will happen in 2017 when Jeannie brings back Phil. Could be a 5th missed playoffs.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
gumby wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Exactly.

Bye.

92-99 We were in the playoffs 7 times in 8 years!!!!!!!!!! our worst seasons were 43, 39, and 33 wins!!! THIS IS NOT A RUT!! IT'S AN ABOMINATION!!!!!!

Agreed.

I dont know why people are trying to compare this current situation with the 90s, its a totally different situation

We are currently the worst in history, and it doesnt look like its getting better any time soon

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject:

I mean, we are currently a bit rudderless, and methinks one element of ownership would like nothing more than the once-mighty Lakers ship to be at a dead standstill in the waters and sinking next season.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject:

I don't mind the losing. I'm pissed about wrong choices after wrong choices.

This franchise is NOT going into the right direction if our front office can't decide about firing the WORST coach we ever had.

I can't have hope in a better future if management don't seem capable of hiring a good coach.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject:

Oddly enough, whining fans exhibit excellence in their chosen lifestyle while the Lakers are losing or winning. Just check the board after any loss during a championship season.

I haven't forgotten 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010.

Good fans complain constantly. Great fans remember great moments and enjoy.

Perhaps you'd rather go for:

Nuggets, Suns, Cavaliers, Clippers, Jazz, Pelicans, Timberwolves, Magic, Grizzlies, Rapters or Hornets. All teams that have never won a championship.

Seven teams have won only 1 championship in their history. Only 1 team other than Celts and Lakers has 5 or more. IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY.

We have 16.

Get some perspective and stop the constant whining. "Oh, we'll never win again." "Oh, my world is crumbling!" "Oh, life is the worst ever"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
Oddly enough, whining fans exhibit excellence in their chosen lifestyle while the Lakers are losing or winning. Just check the board after any loss during a championship season.

I haven't forgotten 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010.

Nuggets, Suns, Cavaliers, Clippers, Jazz, Pelicans, Timberwolves, Magic, Grizzlies, Rapters or Hornets. All teams that have never won a championship.

Seven teams have won only 1 championship in their history. Only 1 team other than Celts and Lakers has 5 or more. IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY.

We have 16.

Get some perspective and stop the constant whining. "Oh, we'll never win again." "Oh, my world is crumbling!" "Oh, life is the worst ever"

Oh, I see, you're the tough one here. No one is losing overall perspective of the Lakers greatness. What is highly concerning is the past 3 years, and the lack of apparent vision going forward.

I mean, we've all but looked forward to the 3rd Thursday in May for the past 3 seasons and the draft thereafter. Is that a path you want this great franchise to be on?
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:

We have 16.

Oh, I see, you're the tough one here. No one is losing overall perspective of the Lakers greatness. What is highly concerning is the past 3 years, and the lack of apparent vision going forward.

I mean, we've all but looked forward to the 3rd Thursday in May for the past 3 seasons and the draft thereafter. Is that a path you want this great franchise to be on?

There will always be ups and downs. What's the overall picture?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:

We have 16.

There will always be ups and downs. What's the overall picture?

Not sure. Without Kobe, going to be interesting to see how they right this sinking ship.

One faction wants it to be sunk (Jeannie) so she can bring in a new ship.

The other, well, not sure what's going on right now.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

What is so ridiculous is that you have management saying the "we are in a dynamite position" and "we have turned the corner".

These statements seem to be devoid of reality.

Our roster is young and inexperienced.

We had the second worse record this year. Last year, we had a better record. Therefore, contrary to our FO's statement, our team actually got worse.

We have no "superstar". In fact, we have no "all star".

Our coaching situation is terrible.

There is no evidence that an all star will join this team.

At least the Twolves have actually talent and now a strong coach. I just read the Twovles have not made the playoffs in 12 years. The Kings have not made the playoffs in 10 years. Phoenix has not made it in 6 years.

Look at this list. It is scary how we are moving up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_franchise_post-season_droughts#NBA_Playoffs_appearance_droughts

There is no guarantee with this franchise due to the FO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: