Kobe 60 - The Goodbye (my experience at the game)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 357

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:


_________________
BBB back to back to back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

One thing that I'll take with that game was how united everything felt. Even the ESPN announcers were sounding like Laker fans.

Also, after everything the man had been through, the fact that he was every bit of done in his last season, he still was able to be clutch in a impressive way, even for him. These weren't crazy shots he made that has no business go in.

The drive where he kissed it high off the glass, splitting the defense for another shot, the hesitation and tiny jab step to give him just enough space for the 3, and of course the game winner (shout out to Randle for setting a moving screen that would make Kendrick Perkins blush). Just amazing stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6827

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
One thing that I'll take with that game was how united everything felt. Even the ESPN announcers were sounding like Laker fans.

Also, after everything the man had been through, the fact that he was every bit of done in his last season, he still was able to be clutch in a impressive way, even for him. These weren't crazy shots he made that has no business go in.

The drive where he kissed it high off the glass, splitting the defense for another shot, the hesitation and tiny jab step to give him just enough space for the 3, and of course the game winner (shout out to Randle for setting a moving screen that would make Kendrick Perkins blush). Just amazing stuff.


That Randle screen lol. The Jazz players also made sure they step on the line incase Kobe's miss FT for the 60th point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27092

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

GOOD READ!
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Alpha
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Posts: 24780
Location: hawaii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I was just watching Kobe's Top Ten Moments yesterday... that game still gives me chills. Dang, life post Kobe is humbling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Some people may blow off Kobe's 60 game finale to overshooting against a Utah team that had given up in the last game of the season but I read somewhere Gordon Hayward saying the Jazz were pissed and shocked at what Kobe was doing and were trying their damnedest to stop him - to no avail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2816
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

What a great night; the night the NBA died.
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 6815
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Some people may blow off Kobe's 60 game finale to overshooting against a Utah team that had given up in the last game of the season but I read somewhere Gordon Hayward saying the Jazz were pissed and shocked at what Kobe was doing and were trying their damnedest to stop him - to no avail.


Right. These are still competitive athletes. With the Suns proud of stopping RW from getting a triple-double, is it really a shock that the Jazz were geared up to stop Kobe? I do think they were in a bit of awe, but I think it affected their offense more than their defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 6815
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
What a great night; the night the NBA died.


I feel this a lot, brother.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6827

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/4/18/15343712/kobe-bryant-basically-stalked-allen-iverson-then-shut-him-down-video-breakdown-wow-shark-week
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2816
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
What a great night; the night the NBA died.


I feel this a lot, brother.


kobe
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2816
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/4/18/15343712/kobe-bryant-basically-stalked-allen-iverson-then-shut-him-down-video-breakdown-wow-shark-week


After the GIFs on that page finally finish loading, bury them next to me.
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13773
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
It's been a year since Mamba Day? Best. Sports. Experience. Ever. Still remember every moment like it just happened.


Thanks for the memories, TA. I still have the game DVR'rd. I think I'll rewatch it this weekend when I have time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gellollo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 943

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Remember when ppl didn't like Nance at first because of his social media comments toward Kobe? I just rewatched the ending and realized Nance was the first one to hug him. That night had so many poetic moments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB