Would the fans would be happy with any coach.?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Would the fans would be happy with any coach.?

I don't think the fan will ever happy with any coach but Phil Jackson.
Byron Scott did not have a chance to coach this team. With kobe issue he was a scapegoat. For the incompetent of the front office. No other coach would have done better.
Goodluck Byron a true laker who did it because he lived the Lakers
Even our front office was disfunction.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

No, we've been there..l.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

No. Imagine
Nate McMillan
Mike dunleavey
Shaw
Fisher
Del negro
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

No to:

Mike Dunleavy
Mark Jackson
George Karl
Avery Johnson
Sam Mitchell
Derek Fisher
Brian Shaw
Vinny Del Negro
Kurt Rambis(if he's fired)
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
No to:

Mike Dunleavy
Mark Jackson
George Karl
Avery Johnson
Sam Mitchell
Derek Fisher
Brian Shaw
Vinny Del Negro

Mark Madsen or Randy Wittman?
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
No to:

Mike Dunleavy
Mark Jackson
George Karl
Avery Johnson
Sam Mitchell
Derek Fisher
Brian Shaw
Vinny Del Negro

I honestly wouldn't mind Mark Jackson... I don't think he gets enough credit with what he did with the Warriors. He pretty much made that team
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
No to:

Mike Dunleavy
Mark Jackson
George Karl
Avery Johnson
Sam Mitchell
Derek Fisher
Brian Shaw
Vinny Del Negro

I honestly wouldn't mind Mark Jackson... I don't think he gets enough credit with what he did with the Warriors. He pretty much made that team

Agreed
lalakersfan88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

time to fire Mitch Kupchak also! Lakers needs a new general manager.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
No to:

Mike Dunleavy
Mark Jackson
George Karl
Avery Johnson
Sam Mitchell
Derek Fisher
Brian Shaw
Vinny Del Negro

he also belongs in the time period of the Christian Crusades.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Please say no to Vinny Del Negro, Brian Shaw, Sam Mitchell, and Mark Jackson. That is all I ask.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject:

The people on this forum, IMO, have not been very reasonable with the coaching situation. Blame is being placed in the wrong people because we are losing a lot. Plus we are tanking, and have been for a while. So coaches are getting blamed, legends are being blamed, etc. We're just not used to losing like this because it's never happened for this organization.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Would we be happy with Kobe as coach?
Man up x100
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I have a different question. Which coach (if any) would attract the big name FAs this summer?
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
The people on this forum, IMO, have not been very reasonable with the coaching situation. Blame is being placed in the wrong people because we are losing a lot. Plus we are tanking, and have been for a while. So coaches are getting blamed, legends are being blamed, etc. We're just not used to losing like this because it's never happened for this organization.

Spot on. Laker Fans will not be happy with any new coach, They will find fault until the Lakers start winning again. I do fear that fans have made so many ridiculous cases for our losing, it might be hard to let go of criticizing the organization.
#PissAndMoanForever.
FromTheWestSideWithLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
No to:

Mike Dunleavy
Mark Jackson
George Karl
Avery Johnson
Sam Mitchell
Derek Fisher
Brian Shaw
Vinny Del Negro

this list sums it up.

- G.O.A.T.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Fans would be happy with one coaching thread
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject:

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject:

When the OP says "Byron Scott did not have a chance to coach this team" I have no trouble remembering he did coach this team, right into the cellar for two years. Nobody forced B-Scott to come on board here. He saw what was here. He took it on. He failed, badly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject:

Show me the wins.
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Please say no to Vinny Del Negro, Brian Shaw, Sam Mitchell, and Mark Jackson. That is all I ask.

Why not Mark Jackson?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Would the fans would be happy with any coach.?

samnizam wrote:
Byron Scott did not have a chance to coach this team. With kobe issue he was a scapegoat. For the incompetent of the front office. No other coach would have done better.

I disagree - Scott took a team full of rookies and an aging superstar, yes, difficult situation, but instead of getting the best out of them and showing improvement he:

Trashed his promising rookies to the press, focusing on what they did wrong and ignoring positive developments,

Actually took DLO to task and benched him for 'trying to take over a game' when he was on a scoring spree,

Stuck blindly to these ridiculous rotations and robo-sub strategies, where he ignored the flow of the game entirely, often taking players out when they were on a hot streak,

Played veteran players out of position with ridiculous experiments, such as Kelly at the 3, or matching Bass against legit 7 footers while ignoring guys like Black almost entirely,

Failed to provide any semblance of a modern offense, relying instead on a ponderous setup, predictable movement if any movement at all, and iso set after iso set,

Gave his veterans free reign to ignore the rules he set up for the rookies on both ends of the court,

Provided a constant stream all season of snarky comments to the press, directed of course at his younger players,

Showed indifference publicly to vets like Williams playing no defense whatsoever,

NEVER took responsibility for the performance of the team, there was always a player or group of players to throw blame at,

and most of all, he took a team with a poor winning record to start the season, and produced a DECLINE in winning percentage as the season concluded.

THAT'S NOT GOOD COACHING!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Stop defending this clown. He's outta here for good reason.

After Scott, any coach who can improve on the above would seem like welcome relief to a lot of LG posters, and I happen to think quite a few coaches can do a much better job of steering clear of most if not all of these deficiencies. I don't think it takes an outstanding gem of a coach to do so, I'd think any NBA quality coach can cover these bases far better than Byron Scott did.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Spot on. Laker Fans will not be happy with any new coach, They will find fault until the Lakers start winning again. I do fear that fans have made so many ridiculous cases for our losing, it might be hard to let go of criticizing the organization.
#PissAndMoanForever.

I'm a Laker fan and I was prepared for a rebuild at the close of 2011 season. I knew it would be bumpy. However, my disgruntlement with the past three seasons reflects a failed rebuild. This is four consecutive worsening seasons, culminating in the two all-time worst franchise seasons under Byron Scott. Unhappiness with that is a measured, reasonable, thoughtful perspective.

I'm fully prepared to see the next new coach struggle compared to the glory years, but there simply must be progress shown over the span of two or three years. The lack of improvement over the last three seasons is wholly unacceptable, not just with most Laker fans, but with fans of any club.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

Yeah I don't think people realize that Scott actually made it to the NBA finals as a coach
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Would the fans would be happy with any coach.?

samnizam wrote:

Everything you say is true, Byron was just used like a dirty rag to keep Kobe happy for a couple of seasons. They never put a team together that could give him a chance, and they knew Kobe was done. Anyone can coach the Warriors, or Cleveland etc. Coaching is important but it's not the reason you win. You win with superstars, the nba is a superstar league coaching is nothing but a psychologist job for altered ego's.
The rookies we drafted are meh mediocre at least. I have hopes for Randle, Nance and Clarkson. DLO way overrated in this forum, if we can trade him for Butler I would do it in a heart beat. This is not Dr. Buss's team anymore I've lost respect for the organization. The only thing that would make me happy is if Jimbo would get FIRED!
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Yeah I don't think people realize that Scott actually made it to the NBA finals as a coach

I think we do realize it. However, I have my eyes open. His last six teams haven't even reached .400 at season's end. That's been with three different franchises. I'd offer that the game has passed Byron Scott by in any number of ways as a head coach, except to the extent he can be counted on to deliver lottery picks. If that's the goal of the organization, B-Scott is The Man. It's a standard that anyone can meet.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: