MAJOR props to Lamar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

^
Those subs killed us. Walton allowed Howard to get hot and then George didn't stop him at all.

No shotblocking is KILLING the Lakers on defense.

No team balance is KILLING the Lakers on offense.

The only bright spots tonight IMO was Odom coming out and playing , Cookie's explosion and Bynum's little defensive stint in the 1st half.

On the thread, Yeah Odom showed he had heart. Now it's time for him to show all of us he has the mind to put it all together.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Mr. X wrote:
I really don't think Odom is right for this team, and want him shipped out the minute we can get a legit trade offer, but have to give him props for the effort tonight... Showed some heart gutting it out and having a really good game...

Exactly how I feel, except the part about "having a really good game".
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
I feel with a healthy team(odom, mihm, turiaf, and mckie) we can beat any team.

The Lakers have to run the system though and, Kobe has to recognize when he has legit help. ......... This team has potential but, have to be utilized and made to feel as if they were a part of the team, not servants...

when Kobe gets legit help then maybe he'll recognize it!..... until then, maybe these guys can stop worrying about there "feelings" and play some basketball!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He and the refs screwed the Lakers, with Kwame an accomplice.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Props to Lamar for showing up especially since it was probably a lost cause on account of Mihm still out, teams have figured out how to guard Kobe, and Phil unable to get the Lakers (not counting Kobe and lamar)to play at NBA level.He showed guts today
mitch&kwame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

props to lamar ?
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject:

ajaxxx wrote:

Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
kusanagiz wrote:
best team in the league? you've gotta be kidding me.

Currently 12 games in a row is uncontested... So no, nobody is kidding you...

So Dallas takes Detroit in a 7-game series? I will take that bet.

Who said anything about Detroit? ...

My bad, I thought you were supporting the statement that the Mavs are the best team in the league. Of course they aren't, Detroit is.

He was.

Goes to credibility.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

mitch&kwame wrote:
props to lamar ?

Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

mitch&kwame wrote:
props to lamar ?

He could have sat on his butt and did nothing since he was injured. He showed up anyway in a game which the Lakers had a more likely than not chance of losing even if he played
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

i've never had a problem with odom's intenstinal fortitude, it's just he's not good enough imo and the lakers cant afford to add another player without dumping his salary. i have no problem with him personally and i do think he works his ass off, it's just not a fit. it's business.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

Why do people expect so much from Turiaf like he's played a single second of NBA play.

Don't get me wrong, I hope to God that he comes out plays like Karl Malone. But please people, don't set yourself up for a dissappointment.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:

Das wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

Why do people expect so much from Turiaf like he's played a single second of NBA play.

Don't get me wrong, I hope to God that he comes out plays like Karl Malone. But please people, don't set yourself up for a dissappointment.

I'm just expecting a black Mark Madsen with braids. And that's a compliment. We could use that kind of hustle and energy right now.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR props to Lamar

OdomX2 wrote:
Most of us remember the Shaq returns. He'd usually need an extra nights rest against Detroit, but be ready against the Raptors. Lamar is clearly hurt, he came out tonight, on the road, against the best team in the league, and gave it his all. IMO Lamar became a Laker tonight. He deserves our praise!

I agree. I'm a fan now. Go Lamar!!!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject:

Lamar gave a gutty performance. I just got through reading Emplay's latest article and have to say I think that sums it up, at least about sums up my feelings on Lamar. People are expecting him to be something that he's not (a scorer) and as a result of that they aren't appreciating what he is (a solid all around team player). He gave a good showing tonight.

I did want to pipe in really quick, people talking about Kobe's glares at his teammates. While I think it's okay to get down on your teammates, this is the second time when he's just really been over the top and scowling at them during a game, and I don't think that is healthy for anyone. We had momentum on our side and Kobe went into a solo act and cost us the game, IMO. He had an awful shooting night, yet he forced shots. Then when his teammates would miss shots he'd scowl at them. That's the wrong way to handle a player being cold. A young guy like Sasha or Smush misses an open three pointer, and they feel bad, they might start to lose confidence. It doesn't help when the star player then adds insult to injury by showing them up in front of everyone, because now it makes them think about it more and applies more pressure on them to make those shots. It winds up being conter-productive.

With the way teams are double and triple teaming Kobe, he needs his teammates to hit open shots. But these guys aren't going to turn around over night. This is the talent he has aroun him and he has to learn to play with that. Kwame isn't going to magically grow soft hands, Lamar isn't going to suddenly start driving to his right, Sasha and Smush won't improve their consistantcy on any one night, Chris Mihm is going to pick up silly fouls. Over the course of time players might be able to improve on things, but it's not going to happen over night. When he gets so down on them he alienates himself from them, and that is bad for the team. A happy player who feels like he is contributing, feels better about themselves and his confidence will result in improved play. A player who is scared to make a mistake because he might get jumped on is going to make mistakes due to the added pressure.

Sorry to get off topic there, just wanted to respond to those comments.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

The Lakers have to run the system though and, Kobe has to recognize when he has legit help. Stop glaring at people and reassure his guys that he trust them. This team has potential but, have to be utilized and made to feel as if they were a part of the team, not servants...

:roll:

He's right though.....and this is coming from probably the biggest Kobe jocker ever.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:

As for Lamar, he is a necessity to this team's success. I really don't see us ever winning a bling-bling w/o him. This team needs his presence. He is a good counter to Kobe - Fire & Ice. It may not be totally visable, but these two compliment each other well.

Now Mitchell needs to go out and get us a second scorer and a banger. Hopefully Turiaf will soon be that banger.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject:

shiznak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
kusanagiz wrote:
best team in the league? you've gotta be kidding me.

Currently 12 games in a row is uncontested... So no, nobody is kidding you...

So Dallas takes Detroit in a 7-game series? I will take that bet.

Who said anything about Detroit? ...

My bad, I thought you were supporting the statement that the Mavs are the best team in the league. Of course they aren't, Detroit is.

He was.

Goes to credibility.

Say what?

When I need a mouthpiece for me I'll call you... Until then STFU...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

Das wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

You said a mouthful there... I'm kind of worried about that too..
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

We had a lead on a team.

You can thank Cook, Odom and George for that. They all stepped up last night.

Unfortunately the Lakers just can't play consistent basketball right now. As soon as they went up 66-64, their offense fell apart as well as their pressure defense.

Seems to me a mental thing. They stopped playing with that desperation and the energy shifted in Dallas' favor.

LO - I thought did a very good job setting up teammates (what did he have some 7 assists?) and getting some 2nd chance points. I also appreaciated the fact that he showed up to play with a very painful injury. You can tell that any contact made was hurting LO.

He is not a good 2nd option in terms of scoring, but he would be a great player to have with Kobe and a balanced scoring team.

Unfortuantely, the Lakers have no balance in scoring at all ....
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
mitch&kwame wrote:
props to lamar ?

He could have sat on his butt and did nothing since he was injured. He showed up anyway in a game which the Lakers had a more likely than not chance of losing even if he played

With Shareef Abdur-Rahim playing with a wired shut broken jaw, LO has no choice but to suck it up... and it is appreciated....
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

quick question.
LO's line was virtually the same as when he has been healthy of late.
So now we give him props b/c hes coming of an injury? Doesnt it just make his play look that much worse? I will give him props for playing with a little pain, but, to me it looked like LO. Except now he has an EXCUSE to put up very avg. #'s.

This team is in a it of trouble. I thought b4 the year we were going to need to avoid multiple losing streaks of 5 games. Though only 4 we only have 1 w in 6 tries. 2night isnt a must win but we need momentum b4 going home.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Except now he has an EXCUSE to put up very avg. #'s

14,7 and 6 is average?

Ok, Bounty. Ok. :roll:
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

14,7 and 6 is average?

:roll: Not for a bench guy.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

14,7 and 6 is average?

:roll: Not for a bench guy.

Wait -

The average numbers for starting SF's are not 14, 7 and 6 Bounty.

Go ahead and do the research. There isn't any SF in the NBA apart from two or three that give a team more than 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists.

14, 7 and 6 are good numbers. You can piss on that all you want, but you are just full of it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: