Why in the world did Cook sit for 10 damned minutes?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Why in the world did Cook sit for 10 damned minutes?

Do you know we could have won this game? 10 solid minutes and Cook came back in still firing on all cylinders. In this game Kobe should have been the featured shooter. This was Cookies game to lose and nobody elses... kobe should have continued to decoy and, keep the radar up to fine Brian and try to just contain the Mavs defensively would all that would have been necessary. It's a no wonder this team can't develope any consitency offensively.

When the entire team takes Brian Cooks attitude is when we start blowing teams away. If you're hot shoot the damned ball especially if your'e within the system.

Did the Lakers learn anything from a stupid whoopin? Proabably not...
A 12th straight win the Mavs didn't even deserve...
jaydanasira
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

i agree that cost us the game
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Because Phil is a bad coach?
mingyeung
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

I have also noticed that when a player who is not normally a starter or is a bench player and has a good game, many coaches don't let them proceed. It is as though, coaches are thinking, "wow this guy is doing well, but he is bound to screw up badly and will probarly do it soon, so i better take him out."

You see this all the time...

You would think that at this level, any player can have a huge impact on the game, eventhough they have been dogging the entire season.

I do agree, Cook needs to be worked into the rotation more frequently.

The Lakers really have a pretty decent back court, don't see why they are struggling.

Btw where is Devan George, has he fully recovered from his injuries?
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

mingyeung wrote:
I have also noticed that when a player who is not normally a starter or is a bench player and has a good game, many coaches don't let them proceed. It is as though, coaches are thinking, "wow this guy is doing well, but he is bound to screw up badly and will probarly do it soon, so i better take him out."

You see this all the time...

You would think that at this level, any player can have a huge impact on the game, eventhough they have been dogging the entire season.

I do agree, Cook needs to be worked into the rotation more frequently.

The Lakers really have a pretty decent back court, don't see why they are struggling.

Btw where is Devan George, has he fully recovered from his injuries?

you know i use to think that jokingly but it is toooooo true. same thing happened in the nok game. its kinda wack
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

b cook has been shooting .500 all season and .450 from 3, start the dude asap, ie tonight
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

Phil's an idiot...he needs to call more time outs too.
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

i agree. When cook gets hot you got to ride him. Dude is mad ridiculous when he gets hot. He starts drilling 25 footers. I would have kept him in all 2nd half. He should have had 40 points
cook43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

Remember the Miami game on x-mas? Cook was on fire the 1st 3 quarters, then sat the 4th. Phil has made some poor choices when it comes to BC's minutes.

Either use him to shoot, or trade him for someone.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

PJ admitted it was a mistake about not get Cook back into the game sooner...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

cook plays lousy defense, which is what Phil believes will win games. that is why he sits cook when we have a comeback or in te 4th quarter when phil epects kobe to take over anyway.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

Phil has never been great with his rotations. He has always had 2 or 3 major studs who could play extended minutes and just plug in the shooters he needed at the time.

He can't do that with this level of talent. Up until he pulled that delay of game stunt I was starting to wonder if we were seeing the last of the PJ coaching days.

The scary part is Dallas took off on us in the 3rd with Dirk on the bench. They definetly have depth.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Cook draw a big outside on defense. He opens things up to slash to the basket. He hits 51.3% fg and 45.8% from beyond the arc. Even Amare says he has to respect Cook's outside shooting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: