What if Lakers Get Third Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject:

Have said it long before draft sites were projecting him in the lotto, let alone now in the top 10 but trade down a few picks... Pick up an asset and draft sabonis. Best center in the draft.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
At 3 I do like Dunn as well, assuming we keep it.

Ding.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah, Dunn is the only one I see that's worth it, and we have a glut of guards. However, you can't just say what you'd do with the third pick now when we don't know what the market is for it. I suspect it won't be worth trading outright, but it could definitely be worth trading down. Or it may just best to keep it, who knows? This isn't a fortunate draft to have a high pick in, and the ones I think that may turn out to be really good, are at positions we already have (Dunn and Ellenson.)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Have said it long before draft sites were projecting him in the lotto, let alone now in the top 10 but trade down a few picks... Pick up an asset and draft sabonis. Best center in the draft.

Other than not being a center.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject:

Stop with this trade Randle BS. Randle will be really good someday. Find me someone else who can rebound like him and have that heart right out the gate. There are some, but no team is letting that player go. He'll be fine once he gets that jumper down.

Trading the #3 and Clarkson won't land is Butler. First Clarkson has to agree to a trade at Chicago's price, and they aren't giving up an All-Star two way player just for that. But yet somehow our very educated (no sarcasm) posters can't seem to grasp the concepts of the sign and trade difficulties and the fact that Chicago won't budge for that little.

Mitch said that there are really good players past the top two, and I do believe him. Our young player scouting is top notch. I have faith in whoever they pick.

I'm not opposed to trading the pick though, but why not get creative. I have two options involving Philly.

1) If they get the 4th pick and we get the 3rd, we could swap with them and see if we could get next year's pick back too. Not sure if they would do it, but it's more likely than the "trading Clarkson" theory.

2) See if Philly is willing part with a big man not named Okafor and trade them straight up for the #3.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

Okafor and Randle front court would be a disaster on defense. If Thibs was the coach, I would say ok, but even on offense, the lanes would be a mess. Randle would have to start channeling Ho Grant skills if that is to work.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

Obviously I'd like to trade any top #3 pick for Myles Turner but it's unlikely the Lakers or Indy make that move.

How about #3 + #32 for Middleton, Henson, & #10

Meh, too lopsided for us and I don't think the Bucks want to give up rotation players. Oh well
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject:

Look for a good trade
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Okafor and Randle front court would be a disaster on defense. If Thibs was the coach, I would say ok, but even on offense, the lanes would be a mess. Randle would have to start channeling Ho Grant skills if that is to work.

Not sure if your post was in response to mine, but I did say trade our pick to Philly for a big man NOT named Okafor.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

He is absolutely a center. Rewatch the NCAA game vs Utah if you have any doubt. Sabonis played at center for GU from December on, and towards the end of the year played it better than any kid in the country - hence he's now projected at #7 when he was projected around #30 before moving to that spot.

In the modern NBA, he's absolutely a center.

I mean black plays center for the Lakers, and Sabonis has a better body for center than black.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

He is absolutely a center. Rewatch the NCAA game vs Utah if you have any doubt. Sabonis played at center for GU from December on, and towards the end of the year played it better than any kid in the country - hence he's now projected at #7 when he was projected around #30 before moving to that spot.

I mean black plays center for the Lakers, and Sabonis has a better body for center than black.

What are his measurements? Iirc black has some super long arms and reach and sabonis is below average (and I like him).
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

cant force a team to trade up if it doesnt want to. likely take bender. but theyd so much rather trade for a vet.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

They'll obviously trade it
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

If it is 1, 2 or 3, shop it. If you can't find a good deal, draft someone.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

Celebrate! That means we didn't lose it, which is a very real possibility.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

Maybe I'm an idiot but, who the hell is PG? Paul George?
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Bulls take the number 3 pick and Clarkson for Butler. It would probably take the number 1 pick and Russell and maybe more.

A lot of Dunn fans on here. The thing is we could trade down and still get him if we get the third pick. Tbh, Dunn's health problems and turnover issues are a big concern to me. Plus, we are depleted at the C and SF positions. Drafting a point guard for a third straight year may not be wise.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:

Peter Gabriel
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

How the heck are we in win now mode? We just had the worst season in franchise history.
MitchThaGod
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Stop with this trade Randle BS. Randle will be really good someday. Find me someone else who can rebound like him and have that heart right out the gate. There are some, but no team is letting that player go. He'll be fine once he gets that jumper down.

Trading the #3 and Clarkson won't land is Butler. First Clarkson has to agree to a trade at Chicago's price, and they aren't giving up an All-Star two way player just for that. But yet somehow our very educated (no sarcasm) posters can't seem to grasp the concepts of the sign and trade difficulties and the fact that Chicago won't budge for that little.

Mitch said that there are really good players past the top two, and I do believe him. Our young player scouting is top notch. I have faith in whoever they pick.

I'm not opposed to trading the pick though, but why not get creative. I have two options involving Philly.

1) If they get the 4th pick and we get the 3rd, we could swap with them and see if we could get next year's pick back too. Not sure if they would do it, but it's more likely than the "trading Clarkson" theory.

2) See if Philly is willing part with a big man not named Okafor and trade them straight up for the #3.

Someday? He just averaged a double double in basically his rookie season. Didnt he come close to doubling up Porzingis in the double double category this year?

Julius is a beast now and will only get better once we have legitimate coaching and stability around him.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Yea, I know he's different but man, centers from Gonzaga always seem so underwhelming for the Lakers. ie: Jordan Hill, Robert Sacre.
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

Peter Gabriel

griffin. peter griffin
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

Adjusting my proposed Bucks trade to make it more realistic:

#3 for Middleton & #10

Bucks could conceivable do it to get a PG they need (wouldn't hurt to have another ball handler beside Giannis). Dunn?

We could use the #10 to draft a project like Thon Maker. Middleton gives us the defensive sharpshooting wing we desperately need.

Could then max Whiteside and pickup Brandon Rush for the backup 3
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

Don't see bucks taking that deal. It'd be for only middleton
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Yea, I know he's different but man, centers from Gonzaga always seem so underwhelming for the Lakers. ie: Jordan Hill, Robert Sacre.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: