What if Lakers Get Third Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Adjusting my proposed Bucks trade to make it more realistic:

#3 for Middleton & #10

Bucks could conceivable do it to get a PG they need (wouldn't hurt to have another ball handler beside Giannis). Dunn?

We could use the #10 to draft a project like Thon Maker. Middleton gives us the defensive sharpshooting wing we desperately need.

Could then max Whiteside and pickup Brandon Rush for the backup 3

I think Middleton is too good for them to trade for #3 at all. which sucks..
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

At 3 I look for a trade. There's no one after Ingram/Simmons that looks like a franchise changing player.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Maybe I'm an idiot but, who the hell is PG? Paul George?

Peter Gabriel

A little old, but he can still bring it.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

point-guard wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Maybe I'm an idiot but, who the hell is PG? Paul George?

Peter Gabriel

griffin. peter griffin

you guys are (bleep) up.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

#3 for Middleton & #10

Bucks could conceivable do it to get a PG they need (wouldn't hurt to have another ball handler beside Giannis). Dunn?

We could use the #10 to draft a project like Thon Maker. Middleton gives us the defensive sharpshooting wing we desperately need.

I think Middleton is too good for them to trade for #3 at all. which sucks..
Blast. lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

If we get #3, take a chance on Thon Maker.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Highly unlikely that happens.
MitchThaGod
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

Um, we might be able to get him at 32.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Highly unlikely that happens.

Yeah, this is not a strong or a deep draft. Ingram and Simmons both have issues and below them it does not look promising.

I like Thon, but I don't think that he will go until the late first round. Not ready to play in the NBA in any way. I would love to steal him with our #32 pick though.

What about Jaylen Brown or Bender?

We have a great hole at the 3. I do actually like Anthony Brown a lot, but Jaylen is a killer defender and is very athletic. I could root for a guy like that.

And Bender is a pure shooter, I mean pure. The guy can fill it up and like Porzingis, he has fire and is not afraid of contact.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Yeah, this is not a strong or a deep draft. Ingram and Simmons both have issues and below them it does not look promising.

I agree this does not look like a draft with many future all stars, but it could be deep in NBA quality players. I think there is a chance that the draft will look ok in 10 years based on the amount of players still in the league....that being said, I think there is as good of a chance at getting the same quality at #32 as #15 or #20.....a lot of parity outside top 8.

My rule would be (as a GM), any pick within the top 3 should be a day 1 starter with all-star potential, and any pick within lottery should have starter level talent on day 1 that should be expected to be a starter by year 2.....if that guy is not on the board when you select, look to trade out of pick (either package or trade down). ALL lottery picks should be expected to play 82 games in year 1. I am not sure I see a day 1 starter on our team at the #3 spot, so I would look for a trade.

If I was unable to trade out of pick, take a hard look at Dunn, Henry Ellenson, Jamal Murray, or Buddy Hield.....and just choose the best overall. Taking the BPA is almost always the best strategy.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I agree this does not look like a draft with many future all stars, but it could be deep in NBA quality players. I think there is a chance that the draft will look ok in 10 years based on the amount of players still in the league....that being said, I think there is as good of a chance at getting the same quality at #32 as #15 or #20.....a lot of parity outside top 8.

My rule would be (as a GM), any pick within the top 3 should be a day 1 starter with all-star potential, and any pick within lottery should have starter level talent on day 1 that should be expected to be a starter by year 2.....if that guy is not on the board when you select, look to trade out of pick (either package or trade down). ALL lottery picks should be expected to play 82 games in year 1. I am not sure I see a day 1 starter on our team at the #3 spot, so I would look for a trade.

If I was unable to trade out of pick, take a hard look at Dunn, Henry Ellenson, Jamal Murray, or Buddy Hield.....and just choose the best overall. Taking the BPA is almost always the best strategy.

Yup, BPA. So much will depend on the workouts. Who knows, maybe Bender will blow people's minds.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
I don't think the Bulls take the number 3 pick and Clarkson for Butler. It would probably take the number 1 pick and Russell and maybe more.

A lot of Dunn fans on here. The thing is we could trade down and still get him if we get the third pick. Tbh, Dunn's health problems and turnover issues are a big concern to me. Plus, we are depleted at the C and SF positions. Drafting a point guard for a third straight year may not be wise.

Butler is not worth that much. #1/ Clarkson would be enough. #3/ Clarkson probably isn't. People don't seem the understand the reason they are comfortable trading away #3 is the exact reason why it has less value to Chicago.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

#3 for Middleton & #10

I'd do #3 for Middleton straight up
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Have said it long before draft sites were projecting him in the lotto, let alone now in the top 10 but trade down a few picks... Pick up an asset and draft sabonis. Best center in the draft.

Other than not being a center.

He is absolutely a center. Rewatch the NCAA game vs Utah if you have any doubt. Sabonis played at center for GU from December on, and towards the end of the year played it better than any kid in the country - hence he's now projected at #7 when he was projected around #30 before moving to that spot.

In the modern NBA, he's absolutely a center.

I mean black plays center for the Lakers, and Sabonis has a better body for center than black.

What are his measurements? Iirc black has some super long arms and reach and sabonis is below average (and I like him).

He's two inches taller than Black. He's 6"11 and his standing reach isn't on record.

Remember this guy got to train against the best international center of all time growing up, and have him guiding him. Intangibles, effort, court vision, ability to defend is all top rate for him. I've been on Lakersground longer than this nickname, but even on this nickname you can go back... I told people Adam Morrison would bust. Told people that Sacre wouldn't be great but a solid 3rd string type of center for a roster. I called Turiaf being a great hustle guy off the bench.

Sabonis is a unique guy in the Gonzaga line. This guy is an intangible guy like Larry Nance, but he's also got genuine skill. In college Gonzaga had no problem letting him switch onto 1s and 2s when the situation called for it because he's that athletic. Sabonis will be the second best player ever out of GU in the modern era (after of course John Stockton). The guy is a gamer, with all the tools, work ethic, heart, mentorship, etc that you'd need. Not to mention he rebounds like a beast. Scouts are seeing it too seeing he's jumped 25 spots in mocks over the last couple of months.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Have said it long before draft sites were projecting him in the lotto, let alone now in the top 10 but trade down a few picks... Pick up an asset and draft sabonis. Best center in the draft.

He is absolutely a center. Rewatch the NCAA game vs Utah if you have any doubt. Sabonis played at center for GU from December on, and towards the end of the year played it better than any kid in the country - hence he's now projected at #7 when he was projected around #30 before moving to that spot.

I mean black plays center for the Lakers, and Sabonis has a better body for center than black.

What are his measurements? Iirc black has some super long arms and reach and sabonis is below average (and I like him).

He's two inches taller than Black. He's 6"11 and his standing reach isn't on record.

Remember this guy got to train against the best international center of all time growing up, and have him guiding him. Intangibles, effort, court vision, ability to defend is all top rate for him. I've been on Lakersground longer than this nickname, but even on this nickname you can go back... I told people Adam Morrison would bust. Told people that Sacre wouldn't be great but a solid 3rd string type of center for a roster. I called Turiaf being a great hustle guy off the bench.

Sabonis is a unique guy in the Gonzaga line. This guy is an intangible guy like Larry Nance, but he's also got genuine skill. In college Gonzaga had no problem letting him switch onto 1s and 2s when the situation called for it because he's that athletic. Sabonis will be the second best player ever out of GU in the modern era (after of course John Stockton). The guy is a gamer, with all the tools, work ethic, heart, mentorship, etc that you'd need. Not to mention he rebounds like a beast. Scouts are seeing it too seeing he's jumped 25 spots in mocks over the last couple of months.

From Draft Express:

Measured at 6'10 in shoes with a below average 6'10.5 wingspan and a strong 238-pound frame at the 2015 Nike Skills Academy last summer, Sabonis lacks great length for a power forward, let alone a center, and doesn't compensate with great leaping ability. Those limitations did not stop him from being brutally effective at the college level as his combination of mobility, fundamentals, and extreme desire to win often shined through as he outworked opposing big men for rebounds and scoring opportunities inside. They do raise some concerns about his ability to continue to do so at the next level, though.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject:

trade it to chi for butler
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

From Draft Express:

Measured at 6'10 in shoes with a below average 6'10.5 wingspan and a strong 238-pound frame at the 2015 Nike Skills Academy last summer, Sabonis lacks great length for a power forward, let alone a center, and doesn't compensate with great leaping ability. Those limitations did not stop him from being brutally effective at the college level as his combination of mobility, fundamentals, and extreme desire to win often shined through as he outworked opposing big men for rebounds and scoring opportunities inside. They do raise some concerns about his ability to continue to do so at the next level, though.

And I argue he can be a center because the 5 is about having athleticism there these days. Which is why he jumped the Utah center in the mocks after the tournament. The Utah center would be a top 2-3 pick a decade ago, but if Draymond Green can play center, Sabonis easily can. Tenacious freak out there in terms of heart, and again the athleticism sets him apart, and the heart makes it so he can compete against anyone.

Remember even Kobe's measurables were never the best, but his heart made up for it. Not saying Sabonis would be a hall of famer, or in that class. But being a gritty player who never takes a minute off is never a bad thing. The dude is all heart, with intangibles, and genuine skill.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has great measurables; 6'11 wingspan 8'9 reach, that's Julius Randle
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

chi fans are in love with Hield
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

KEEP IT. And draft Bender as our stretch 5 of the future.

What if he becomes the next porzingis?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Well I should have clarified. Kobe had great measurables to be a star, but Michael Jordan, TMac, Lebron, I would even say Vince Carter... all had certain areas of their athleticism or build that was just superior to Kobe's. Yet Kobe topped 3 of those 4 why? Heart. Give Kobe TMac's body, Lebron's body, Michael's body, etc. He's even better.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Well I should have clarified. Kobe had great measurables to be a star, but Michael Jordan, TMac, Lebron, I would even say Vince Carter... all had certain areas of their athleticism or build that was just superior to Kobe's. Yet Kobe topped 3 of those 4 why? Heart. Give Kobe TMac's body, Lebron's body, Michael's body, etc. He's even better.

Yea that's a good way to put it for sure. (Not a fan of Sabonis though)
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
chi fans are in love with Hield
I would draft Hield and see if KD would prefer Butler. It he wants Butler, then I would gladly trade Hield to Chicago for him. I like Hield though. He provides the most "bang for your buck" with that pick.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
I don't think the Bulls take the number 3 pick and Clarkson for Butler. It would probably take the number 1 pick and Russell and maybe more.

A lot of Dunn fans on here. The thing is we could trade down and still get him if we get the third pick.

Agreed.

But there are some talk about Cleveland being willing to trade Kyrie. If that is true I'd prefer to go after DeRoz, trade a couple of assets for Kyrie and make a solid run at Durant. Julius and Nance can play PF and with those guys on board we can sign a ring chaser center without breaking the bank.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Now I'm hearing that Sac will indeed explore trading Boogie Cousins. It would most likely take the 1st or 2nd pick to get him though. Buddy Hield does provide some "star power" though, perhaps even more than Ingram. They are going to need that with the new arena being built. Or maybe Vlade is intrigued by Bender or Dunn? Actually, Bender passing the ball like Vlade did, and has other qualities like spreading the floor and blocking shots. I would throw everything I can at Sac, it would be much harder with the 3rd pick though. I would offer them #3, Randle, Nance, #32 and 2020 1st rounder for Cousins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: