Official Thread: Luke Walton the new coach!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Quote:
Ann Killion ‏@annkillion 3h3 hours ago
Kerr was asked if the coaching staff talks about Steph's status. "We mostly talk about the Lakers, actually."

Kerr: "How Luke wants to use Clarkson and Randle and what offense he's going to run. We're really trying to help him out."

Class
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Practice wrote:
Quote:
Kerr was asked if the coaching staff talks about Steph's status. "We mostly talk about the Lakers, actually."

Kerr: "How Luke wants to use Clarkson and Randle and what offense he's going to run. We're really trying to help him out."

Class

Satire
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Practice wrote:
Quote:

Class

I doubt he was being serious. They're in the middle of a championship run, they won't waste time talking about the Lakers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
MJST wrote:
Practice wrote:
Quote:

Class

I doubt he was being serious. They're in the middle of a championship run, they won't waste time talking about the Lakers.

Why would he joke about that? I'm fairly certain that's something they talk about. Likely not as much as they talk about the Warriors though.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

How much is Luke getting from lakers
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Iconic wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Gonna go out on a limb and say phil aint coming.

I agree. Phil ain't coming because Jimmy ain't stepping down no matter what happens.

And I don't know why the media and fans keep reporting and parroting this "deadline" as if Jeanie has any kind of legal power to enforce it.

Not sure why people even want Phil, he may be a great coach but I don't think he is the best evaluator of talent

Seriously. He probably would have hired Luke as well but for the wrong reasons.

I'm really eager to find out how that coaching search for Knicks is going to play out. If he ends up sticking with Rambis we know he's the wrong guy to lead this organization.

Last edited by numero-ocho on Sun May 01, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
How much is Luke getting from lakers

Quote:
NBA coaching sources told ESPN's Marc Stein that Walton landed a five-year deal with the Lakers -- four years of which are guaranteed -- at an annual salary believed to be between $5 million and $6 million, depending on incentives.

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
shortodom wrote:
MJST wrote:
Practice wrote:
Quote:

Class

Why would he joke about that? I'm fairly certain that's something they talk about. Likely not as much as they talk about the Warriors though.

Because about 90% of Steve Kerr's comments to the media are sarcastic.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
MJST wrote:
shortodom wrote:
MJST wrote:
Practice wrote:
Quote:

Class

Because about 90% of Steve Kerr's comments to the media are sarcastic.

Exactly. VLF nailed it.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Yeah those quotes from Kerr are obviously sarcastic. Kerr's a funny ass dude.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
shortodom wrote:
MJST wrote:
Practice wrote:
Quote:

Class

It was a sarcastic answer to a stupid question. What kind of idiot reporter asks if the coaching staff ever talks about Steph's injury status?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
MJST wrote:
shortodom wrote:
MJST wrote:
Practice wrote:
Quote:

Class

It was a sarcastic answer to a stupid question. What kind of idiot reporter asks if the coaching staff ever talks about Steph's injury status?

Maybe in context it was better. Maybe the reporter misrepresented what he wanted to ask... like he meant to ask whether or not they are talking about his status (for Game 1, where he was ruled out) or something.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/bzcohen/status/726238881797038080
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Grass Fed is outta here.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
rybee wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-luke-walton-lakers-20160501-story.html

Quote:
At power forward, can Randle mimic some of Green's success as a distributor, scorer and rebounder?

"I see it," Walton said. "Honestly, Julius can give us the freedom to do a lot of things because of his size and quickness. If he can develop other aspects of his game, that allows us to go small with him at center because he's strong enough to cover centers.

"That kid averaged 10 rebounds a game as pretty much a rookie? That's insane. This is a grown-man league. For someone in their first year playing to do that is obviously a big advantage to have."

Walton likes how Randle pushes the ball after taking defensive rebounds but knows the 21-year-old sometimes plays "a little [too] fast." His outside shot also needs work.

I was just going to say that I expect them to try randle at 5.

Definitely going to see a lot of Randle and Nance at the C spot with Luke. I'm more curious about the 3 we're going to get to slide over to the 4 when we go small.

If Walton wants to use Randle in the DG role at center, drafting Ben Simmons would not be an issue at that point. If the Lakers get ingram or Simmons in this draft, their team would start to look like GS, size wise. The only problem is, no one is going to shoot like Klay and Curry. GS may have the best 1-2 shooters of this generation when its all said and done. Lakers having the ability to play small and using some bigs, like SA, might be the better way.

I think we need Randle to develop into a low post threat and use that along with the transition skills that he, Russell and Clarkson have.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Grass Fed is outta here.

Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

That's the lakers civil war right there. grass fed is going to have an heart attack with that kinda statement
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Grass Fed is outta here.

ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

11 championship rings wrote:
I predict playoffs next season

Lakers should tank for picks.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Anyone think he's going to be doing summer league? I would assume so to get used to the youngsters. I hope they all play summer league and he starts instilling his offense by that time.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
rybee wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-luke-walton-lakers-20160501-story.html

Quote:
At power forward, can Randle mimic some of Green's success as a distributor, scorer and rebounder?

"I see it," Walton said. "Honestly, Julius can give us the freedom to do a lot of things because of his size and quickness. If he can develop other aspects of his game, that allows us to go small with him at center because he's strong enough to cover centers.

"That kid averaged 10 rebounds a game as pretty much a rookie? That's insane. This is a grown-man league. For someone in their first year playing to do that is obviously a big advantage to have."

Walton likes how Randle pushes the ball after taking defensive rebounds but knows the 21-year-old sometimes plays "a little [too] fast." His outside shot also needs work.

I was just going to say that I expect them to try randle at 5.

Definitely going to see a lot of Randle and Nance at the C spot with Luke. I'm more curious about the 3 we're going to get to slide over to the 4 when we go small.

Deng would fit the role nicely
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Imagine a coach who adapts and confines and adjusts. Wow. Every time I hear Luke talk, he is saying exactly everything this team needs. If the Lakers didnt sign anyone this off season and had the same team, I would bet he could win 13 more games with this team.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Imagine a coach who adapts and confines and adjusts. Wow. Every time I hear Luke talk, he is saying exactly everything this team needs. If the Lakers didnt sign anyone this off season and had the same team, I would bet he could win 13 more games with this team.
I am sure we are going to enjoy his coaching strategy, philosophy, and his communication.

No knock on anyone but I think Byron said the same thing
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
I am sure we are going to enjoy his coaching strategy, philosophy, and his communication.

Not sure what Byron has ever said that resembles Luke's comments, but even still, saying it is one thing, doing it is another. Byron was guilty of doing the very thing D'Antoni did during his first year of coaching the Lakers- imposing a system even though it didn't fit the personnel. But D'Antoni deserves credit for caving later in the year. The team played much better once he did. But Byron? Umm.....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Not sure what Byron has ever said that resembles Luke's comments, but even still, saying it is one thing, doing it is another. Byron was guilty of doing the very thing D'Antoni did during his first year of coaching the Lakers- imposing a system even though it didn't fit the personnel. But D'Antoni deserves credit for caving later in the year. The team played much better once he did. But Byron? Umm.....

That was Kobe saying screw you to MDA and taking over. There was nothing MDA could do to stop it and he gave up. We wouldn't have made the playoffs if it wasn't for Kobe changing the system the last couple of months.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 38 of 49
Jump to: