Official Thread: Luke Walton the new coach!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
55 wrote:
Luke is gonna teach, and players will work their butts off for him, even it's to shove the results up Scott's ass.
I'm very happy with this hire. I wasn't so excited about the possibility 2 months ago but the more Luke speaks the more I like his attitude, demeanor, and thought process. He'll build them up, not tear them down like Scott.

Yeah Luke is going to teach and the team will still get their arses whipped unless they get great players. If the front office does not manage to get top free agents this summer in a year LG will be chopping Luke's head.

So everyone on the board is too shallow to recognize the radical differences in the coach's job and the FO's? Unless the Lakers land two max players and the young core comes back dramatically improved, no one on LG is expecting the Lakers to go out and win the championship next year or something. This is a rebuild, and mostly everyone on this board realizes that. No one will ignore a lack of talent on the roster and just dump on Luke if the team struggles to win games because of it. The reason everyone piled on Byron wasn't just because of the loss column. It was because he was horrible in every single task there was, literally.

But, even if it is a 2-3 year rebuild you just know that in Jan or Feb when this team (if they don't have serious upgrades) only has 10 or 12 wins people are going to be complaining that Luke was a serious mistake.
it is at least a 2 year rebuild - that's not gonna stop people from over reacting when the wins don't miraculously start rolling in
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

People here were complaining when we were threepeating. Enough said.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
55 wrote:
Luke is gonna teach, and players will work their butts off for him, even it's to shove the results up Scott's ass.
I'm very happy with this hire. I wasn't so excited about the possibility 2 months ago but the more Luke speaks the more I like his attitude, demeanor, and thought process. He'll build them up, not tear them down like Scott.

Yeah Luke is going to teach and the team will still get their arses whipped unless they get great players. If the front office does not manage to get top free agents this summer in a year LG will be chopping Luke's head.

Unlike Byron, Luke won't be an arse to everyone. Heck, I'm ok if Luke is putting in a system, getting the guys to buy in, and if they only win 30 games.

Brad Stevens won 27 games his first year, but it was clear they had something special brewing there.

This. That what some people don't seem to understand. The Lakers looked like a disorganized mess with no systems, offensively or defensively that can make you say, that's the way to play basketball. If Luke implements a system, where it's maximizing the young talent on the floor, I'm good. Let me see some progress being made on the court, not that train wreck that has been going on with the idiot, the last two years. Byron should've been dismissed on simply X and O philosophy, then you add in the fact that he's a clueluess dumbass made it a certainty that he should've been let go, no questions asked. I for one is giving Luke a season to implement his system, his ideas and style. He doesn't seem like an out of touch jerk, so the Lakers should have more than 17 wins. Time will tell.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I think people underestimate Lakers fans. The fans are much better at determining a quality product than people give them credit for. You can see heart. You can see offensive & defensive systems. You can see cohesion.

No Lakers fan has the expectation of this team to win the championship next year. We have the expectation of watching a team with promise. People understand that there is a learning curve for a first time coach - for the most part. I think that next year is going to be a fun year for Lakers fans for the first time in a long time.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I just received an email from the Lakers announcing that Luke Walton is the new head coach. LOL! Way to go email team, way to be at the leading edge of team news.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I just received an email from the Lakers announcing that Luke Walton is the new head coach. LOL! Way to go email team, way to be at the leading edge of team news.

I guess this new look "quick acting" Lakers approach hasn't quite trickled down to all of the departments yet
LOL
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

maybe they're using Byron's dialup line
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I hope Luke coaches summer league, it would be fun to watch him from the sidelines and see his interactions with DLO and Larry Nance

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
TDRock wrote:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
I hope Luke coaches summer league, it would be fun to watch him from the sidelines and see his interactions with DLO and Larry Nance

I'm pretty sure he will.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

SL is normally coached by assistants. Never seen a head coach do it. My guess is that someone like Jarron Collins is the coach.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

At least it wasn't Real Madrid's fax line and outdated computers.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

I'd suspect that'll be about 100% certain.
new HC
new system
all new coaching staff
a lot of young players

Luke's probably smart enough to use summer league to get both his players and his staff up to speed. It's probably too good an opportunity to miss out on
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

SL is normally coached by assistants. Never seen a head coach do it. My guess is that someone like Jarron Collins is the coach.

Kerr did it. I think Fisher did as well.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Hmm interesting. I stand corrected.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

maybe Kobe can coach SL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

I certainly hope that's the case.. because I've already made my plans to head to Vegas for the Summer League lol.

I go every year.. but this year has promise potentially lol. Last year fell kinda flat for me.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I guess this new look "quick acting" Lakers approach hasn't quite trickled down to all of the departments yet
LOL

paymonM wrote:

Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

Doubt D'Angelo plays in next year's summer league.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

I certainly hope that's the case.. because I've already made my plans to head to Vegas for the Summer League lol.

I go every year.. but this year has promise potentially lol. Last year fell kinda flat for me.

I was excited, but then everyone got a glimpse of Byron-ball. Even summer league defenses figured out how to neutralize it.

This one will be radically different. I can't wait. If Simmons is there, the games will be sold out.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
P.K. wrote:
TDRock wrote:

LOL

paymonM wrote:

Byron has a fax to email app. It's called Mail Up
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

I'd be surprised if he didn't.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

In the interview did they after his exit interview, he said he was anxious to play in the summer league.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Why wouldn't he? He's only a 2nd year guy. Didn't Clarkson play in the last SL?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
TDRock wrote:
P.K. wrote:
TDRock wrote:

LOL

paymonM wrote:

Byron has a fax to email app. It's called Mail Up

!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 40 of 49
Jump to: